PDA

View Full Version : Ship to Ship Combat

Caldarin
2009-07-18, 08:31 PM
Hey everybody, I'm doing a nautical themed campaign, and I was wondering what other people have done for Ship to Ship combat scenarios.

Cannons (and other firearms) are available, and I've split the cannons into 2 types,
Light Cannons: 4d8, firing speed 2 rounds, range increment 120 ft, accuracy -15

Heavy Cannons: 5d8, firing speed 3 rounds, range increment 150 ft, accuracy -20,

the accuracy thing is the amount subtracted from the to hit roll (cannons are hard to aim), that's there also because ships are damn easy to hit (really big target).

I've split ships into 5 classes (Patrol Boat, Corvette, Frigate, Battleship and Dreadnought) Smaller ships are faster, and can turn in less time, but can carry less armament and are lighter armored.

Commands are written down 4 rounds in advance, and then are played out.
for example, a player writes down:
1 full move
2 full move (turn)

ect.

I'll post ship stats and stuff if somebody can tell me the code to do the spoiler box thingy so it's organized

look forward to input

Siosilvar
2009-07-18, 08:33 PM
Stuff Here. .

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-18, 08:44 PM
To answer the question, just put [noparse] at the beginning and at the end. Misus the [noparse]; the forum turned it into a spoiler without it.

Caldarin
2009-07-18, 08:51 PM
okay, cools... stuff's not quite done yet, will post when it is, still hoping for other systems people have

Ashtagon
2009-07-19, 02:18 AM
Stormwrack is pretty much the definitive 3E guide to combat involving ships.