PDA

View Full Version : Percy Jackson and the Olympians

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-18, 08:47 PM
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Jackson_and_the_Olympians) is a book series by Rick Riordan. It stars Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, and his friends Annabeth Chase (Daughter of Athena) and Grover (Satyr).

I'll try to keep the plot summary out of here (that's what TV Tropes is for, no? :smalltongue:).

I'm not the only one who read and enjoyed the series, am I? And I'm not the only one who saw the opening for a new series, am I?

kpenguin
2009-07-18, 08:57 PM
Read and pretty much thought "Huh. Its like American Gods... for kids..."

Xondoure
2009-07-18, 09:04 PM
I enjoyed the series, except for the worst ending to a prophecy, ever, and yes, he has confirmed a new series awaits camp half blood. :smallbiggrin:

Jalor
2009-07-18, 09:05 PM

And GiantITP once again says everything I was going to say, making me redundant.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-18, 09:07 PM
:O

Where is this information? I must stalk the info source!

I dunno, I liked the ending.

Hell of a lot better than Breaking Dawn. They didn't have the giant fight. This did.

Oh, I guess this would also be a place to discuss the upcoming movie.

I have low expectations, because movies are never as good as the books.

Llama231
2009-07-18, 10:09 PM
Also, a movie. Because everything is getting one these days.

Anyway, I find the series quite entertaining.

Xondoure
2009-07-19, 06:32 AM
:O

Where is this information? I must stalk the info source!

I dunno, I liked the ending.

Hell of a lot better than Breaking Dawn. They didn't have the giant fight. This did.

Oh, I guess this would also be a place to discuss the upcoming movie.

I have low expectations, because movies are never as good as the books.

He mentioned it in passing at the end of the book, I think it's on the website, and my friend sent him a fan letter in which he replied back confirming that another series was coming along. :smallbiggrin:
Ending:

ReallY? How can you like an ending that kills absolutely everything that was built up in the last four books? I mean yes, there was an epic battle, but the entire series had been leading up to the prophecy, and in the end, it was someone else's burden and all we got was someone killing themselves. I don't know about you, but I expected a lot more from the ending than I actually received. Maybe because I cared more about the prophecy than the epic battle because there already was one of those in the last book, and Battle for the Labyrinth did it better.

BlueWizard
2009-07-19, 07:57 AM

I agree. Or a Tom Robbins book.

Linkavitch
2009-07-21, 09:26 AM
I found it entertaining. The concept of the gods moving along with the highest civilization was pretty good. Wasn't my fav, though.

Perenelle
2009-07-21, 04:38 PM
I enjoyed reading them, they were pretty good books. I've always enjoyed Greek Mythology so it was interesting reading the books that simplified the Greek gods and characters to make them easy to understand. Still, you cant beat "Bulfinch's Mythology" :smallsmile:

littlequietguy
2009-08-06, 03:56 PM
I read the first book. It was good but not enough for me to pick up the others.