PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse Ep13 and Original Pilot have been leaked

Dragonmuncher
2009-07-19, 02:33 PM
Go find a copy!

I'm about to watch 'em. From what I hear, they're both pretty great. The pilot cuts out a lot of the filler of the first 5 episodes (which are generally considered much weaker than the second half of the season).

Episode 13, made by Whedon to show Fox execs that he could still make an awesome show with a smaller budget (as opposed to just canceling them), takes place 10 years in the future. Felicia Day (of The Guild and Dr. Horrible) is in it. Don't know much more about it, though I get the impression that it's pretty intense.

lisiecki
2009-07-19, 07:13 PM
Is series 2 going to continue from this story point?

kpenguin
2009-07-19, 07:22 PM
Wikipedia has a plot summary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epitaph_One) up.

TRM
2009-07-19, 09:52 PM
Go find a copy!

I'm about to watch 'em. From what I hear, they're both pretty great. The pilot cuts out a lot of the filler of the first 5 episodes (which are generally considered much weaker than the second half of the season).

Episode 13, made by Whedon to show Fox execs that he could still make an awesome show with a smaller budget (as opposed to just canceling them), takes place 10 years in the future. Felicia Day (of The Guild and Dr. Horrible) is in it. Don't know much more about it, though I get the impression that it's pretty intense.
Is there a link you can share?

lisiecki
2009-07-19, 10:05 PM
Is there a link you can share?

http://www.amazon.com/Dollhouse-Season-One-Eliza-Dushku/dp/B0024FAR66

Icewalker
2009-07-21, 02:32 AM
Epitaph One

Bloody fantastic episode! Just watched it tonight, having watched the entire rest of Dollhouse yesterday...Felicia day is in it, as a main character.

Epitaph One is set in 2019...and the world isn't in good shape. It's really amazing. I believe the intent is for Season 2 to pick up where the normal 12 episodes left off, and then for there to be another Epitaph episode at the end of each season.

...REALLY GOOD...

JadedDM
2009-07-21, 04:16 AM
Geez, does anyone really care about such a mediocre piece of--

Wait, what about Felicia Day now?:redface:

Zocelot
2009-07-21, 01:20 PM
Wow, I just finished watching it, and I am really amazed at the quality. I really liked the later episodes, and I could even consider episode 13 to be on par with the best of them. It felt more like watching a short movie than an episode though, but that's not a complaint, just an observation.

Icewalker
2009-07-21, 02:49 PM
Well, the thing about the 13th episode is that it is really the beginning of a second series. Epitaph is going to be a fantastic new storyline, I'd say. I look forward to the developments: there were a couple of little comments dropped in Epitaph One which were very foreboding/implicating.

lisiecki
2009-07-21, 02:52 PM
Well, the thing about the 13th episode is that it is really the beginning of a second series. Epitaph is going to be a fantastic new storyline, I'd say. I look forward to the developments: there were a couple of little comments dropped in Epitaph One which were very foreboding/implicating.

I enjoyed it.
Mostly because for the first time ever, the cast dosent make me feel like i need to take a shower after watching it.

Although I do like the fact that my opinion on an eariler eps was correct.

"Its ok little 8 year old girl who was forced in to prostitution by her stepfather. Everything going to be ok now, Well until you turn 18 and the whole thing starts again"