PDA

View Full Version : Squeak Squeak Squeak.

Eon
2009-07-19, 09:01 PM
Seeing as my two guinea pigs are squeaking in my ears and trying to eat me... i might as well see what others think of them. so here are pictures of my two guinea pigs: marshmallow and Brownie respectively.
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/generick_01/Marshmallow.jpg http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/generick_01/Brownie.jpg

those who have been to the latest picture thread may recognize Brownie...

Froogleyboy
2009-07-19, 09:03 PM
they.are.so.fracking.cute! :biggrin:

Jalor
2009-07-19, 09:05 PM
D'awww. Your guinea pigs are disarmingly cute.

..."Guinea" is such a weird word. I must have misspelled it six times before getting it right. None of the letters are where they should be.

Eon
2009-07-19, 09:05 PM
they say "squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak" which I'm assuming is a very long thank you...

IsaacTheHungry
2009-07-19, 09:08 PM
i had some, for a week after we ran out of their food we just tossed them a carrot or some greens whenever we got something out of the fridge.

this led them to equal the fridge opening with food so from then on whenever we opened the fridge they started sqeeking like crazy:smallbiggrin:

Eon
2009-07-19, 09:09 PM
heh lettuce and carrots are their bedtime snacks so they akways squeak at the rustling of plastic bags...

If you have guinea pigs, i expect pictures (serious look on face)

Jalor
2009-07-19, 09:11 PM
i had some, for a week after we ran out of their food we just tossed them a carrot or some greens.

this led them to equal the fridge opening with food so from then on whenever we opened the fridge they started sqeeking like crazy:smallbiggrin:

That happened to one of my friends, actually. She had to move the guinea pigs to her room on the complete opposite side of the house, where they can't hear it. Now they just wake her up randomly instead.

IsaacTheHungry
2009-07-19, 09:13 PM
i had them years ago, i started out with 2, a boy and a girl, pork and bacon
ended up with 10
first larry, mo, and currly (mo die at birth)
then eny, meeny, miny, mo, and fred

IsaacTheHungry
2009-07-19, 09:17 PM
fun remebrance, the first time we watch the new doctor Doolittle movie my Guinea pigs responded to the one on TV
:smallsmile:

Eon
2009-07-19, 09:17 PM
mine are both girls so we didn't get more... By the way if anyone mentions cuy I will be severely upset with you...

celestialkin
2009-07-19, 09:49 PM
Seeing as my two guinea pigs are squeaking in my ears and trying to eat me... i might as well see what others think of them. so here are pictures of my two guinea pigs: marshmallow and Brownie respectively.
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/generick_01/Marshmallow.jpg http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/generick_01/Brownie.jpg

those who have been to the latest picture thread may recognize Brownie...

My ancestry is Venezuelan.

I believe I am genetically predisposed to find them appetizing. http://smilies.xibase.com/licklips.gif

raitalin
2009-07-19, 10:50 PM
I had a guinea pig in middle school and I can't say I've ever had a pet that felt more like a thankless burden. It cage had to be cleaned every 4 days or so. They just eat and crap constantly and mine was never affectionate in the least. When I took it out of its tank it just ran around pooping and biting. Maybe I just had a crappy guinea pig.

I've never understood their appeal over the much smarter, more playful and more grateful rat. I love rats, I need to get a new one.

Starscream
2009-07-19, 11:09 PM
Daaawww, those are cute. I love little squeaky things.

In a somewhat related note, I am spending this summer in the country. For the past week I have been noticing scratching noises within the walls. Finally two nights ago I caught sight of the culprit. He climbed up my computer cord and stood there a foot away, giving me a "What the hell are you doing in my house" look. I was quick enough to get to my camera before he scurried off.

Here he is:http://i32.tinypic.com/zx0bvr.jpg
Cute, eh? They say it's good if you have mice in the house because it means you don't have rats.

And I'll be out of here in two weeks anyway, so I can put up with my guest until then.

Eldan
2009-07-20, 01:33 AM
I suspect we have one rat in our cellar, at least. Never seen him, but there's this suspicious hole in the wall, and the garbage bag are sometimes chewed open.

celestialkin
2009-07-20, 01:36 AM
I suspect we have one rat in our cellar, at least. Never seen him, but there's this suspicious hole in the wall, and the garbage bag are sometimes chewed open.

Aww. Poor thing. You should adopt it.

Renegade Paladin
2009-07-20, 01:47 AM
Aww. Poor thing. You should adopt it.
FYI, this is a terrible idea. Wild rats are dangerous. Get traps and get rid of it as quickly as possible.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-20, 02:50 AM
We used to have them when I was younger. Then we ended up breeding them almost by mistake. They taught me one thing really, telling the gender of a Guinea Pig is ING HARD.

What I find so cool about them is how quickly the babies are up and about. With most rodents the children are helpless for ages after birth, with Guinea Pigs I have seen them attacking bits of carrot when they are less than 18 hours old, whilst they are still smaller than many hamsters.

celestialkin
2009-07-20, 02:59 AM
We used to have them when I was younger. Then we ended up breeding them almost by mistake. They taught me one thing really, telling the gender of a Guinea Pig is ING HARD.

What I find so cool about them is how quickly the babies are up and about. With most rodents the children are helpless for ages after birth, with Guinea Pigs I have seen them attacking bits of carrot when they are less than 18 hours old, whilst they are still smaller than many hamsters.

Hmm...

Perhaps that was bred into them? They were the main source of meat for cultures which did not have livestock like cows, chickens, or pigs.

GrandMasterMe
2009-07-20, 09:24 AM
FYI, this is a terrible idea. Wild rats are dangerous. Get traps and get rid of it as quickly as possible.

Pish Posh don't listen to the PALADIN, they always want to ruin our fun :smallwink:

Eon
2009-07-20, 09:50 AM
my guinea pigs kept me up until 1 am yesterday... apparently they were talking about some big theory because it was about an hour and then they ran around... being loud... so tired...