PDA

View Full Version : [4E] 2010 Campaign Setting Speculation/Discussion

RTGoodman
2009-07-19, 09:38 PM
I just happened to read this blog post from D20 Source (http://www.d20source.com/2009/07/dd-campaign-setting-2010) from a few weeks ago that compares and contrasts the various non-FR/Eberron campaign settings and their viability as the official 2010 campaign setting. For those that don't want to read the whole thing, the ones he mentions (and I think it's probably most if not all of the old settings) are:

-Dark Sun
-Dragonlance
-Planescape
-Ravenloft
-Spelljammer
-Greyhawk
-Oriental Adventures
-Birthright
-Al-Qadim
-Council of Wyrms
-Mystara
-The as-yet-unnamed other finalists in the setting search that led to Eberron.

Thinking through, I seriously doubt we'll ever see a 4E Planescape (it's already a part of the Core "points of light," if its inclusion in Core stuff is any indication), Ravenloft (same as Planescape - it's already in the Core setting in the Shadowfell), Oriental Adventures or Al-Qadim (the originals are part of FR already, and I just can't see them moving to that sort of cultural-specific setting), Council of Wyrms (too weird, just doesn't fit in 4E), or Mystara (old and, for the most part, I think, forgotten).

To me, I'd bet a new Dragonlance setting (6th Age? 7th Age? Whatever they're on now) or Dark Sun will be the next setting, since those make the most sense. DL already has support in 4E (two kinds of Draconians are appearing in the next minis set), and its the 25th anniversary of the setting, making it a possible candidate for an "update." For Dark Sun, we've already seen a little support (an early 4E Dungeon article on "Hazards of Dark Sun" or something); furthermore, with 2010 being the "year of psionics" with PHB3, I think it would make sense to come out with a setting that uses it so majorly. I believe I've seen somewhere that the ECG or EPG mentions Thri-Kreens in the section on Xendrik, so maybe we'll see them soon, indicating possible inclusion in a PHB or setting book.

Barring that, I wouldn't be TOTALLY surprised if they pulled out one of the two other Setting Search finalists (including possibly the Giant's). That would certainly be a surprise (which, supposedly, the 2010 setting is going to be), and would mean fresh ideas for the D&D brand. (Also, as the blog author mentions, the Giant's fan base means they'll certainly be those of use that're really interested in getting a look at his setting.) The only problem I can see with using a new setting is that it might be TOO soon; I mean, Eberron's only been around for, what, four or five years at this point?

So, what does everyone else think? Which of the candidates are most likely to appear? Or will it really be a BIG surprise and be something else completely different? Since all the Eberron books are out (or, rather, will be in 48 hours, give or take a few), I think we should be finding out sooner or later. (Probably at GenCon, but I, unfortunately, won't be able to be there.)

jmbrown
2009-07-19, 09:47 PM
Doesn't Gygax's family still own Greyhawk meaning if they use it they'll have to pay royalties? I doubt we'll see that ever return.

I have my fingers crossed it's Dark Sun. For one, Dark Sun was a precursor to the points-of-light system. It's a harsh, brutal world that focuses on survival over high powered "punch everything in the face" play. Normally I never have to worry about my food supply unless I'm on another plane but if you didn't play Dark Sun conservatively then your DM failed IMO.

EDIT: In the other hand, Spelljammer (read: ELVESSSSS INNNNNN SPAAAAAAACE!!!) would make the conversion to "modern" rules easier.

erikun
2009-07-19, 10:04 PM
How is Planescape already part of Core? I suppose the Manual of the Planes cosmology takes a nod from Planescape, but that's hardly a full setting based on Sigil, or enough depth to really base a campaign on it. (Was Sigil even mentioned in the 4E MotP?) Then again, the "simpler is better" goal of 4E seems to have killed off most of the wackier Planescape creatures and locations, which would make a 4E Planescape rather difficult.

How is Ravenloft in the Core Shadowfell? I heard about a Castle ran by vampire minotaurs, but that's nothing like Ravenloft. Then again, 3E Ravenloft was designed by a 3rd party publisher, so perhaps WotC doesn't have rights to it anymore.

Oriental Adventures was kind of based off of Legend of the Five Rings - and I was under the impression that it was a one time thing. I don't recall any further WotC for the setting, so it's unlikely we'll see it again.

Dark Sun sounds interesting, but like Planescape, will need a few changes to be 4E-ish. Specifically, Psionics and water location need to feature prominently - or the whole "harsh desert survival" mood needs to be reigned back. Yeah, I'm expecting a reigning in of the fight-or-die if there is a 4E Dark Sun.

Dragonlance is possible, although I have a hard enough time telling Forgotten Realms from Dragonlance from Greyhawk - and I suspect newer players will, too. At least Eberron had enough differences to set itself apart.

No real comments on the rest.

RTGoodman
2009-07-19, 10:12 PM
How is Planescape already part of Core? I suppose the Manual of the Planes cosmology takes a nod from Planescape, but that's hardly a full setting based on Sigil, or enough depth to really base a campaign on it. (Was Sigil even mentioned in the 4E MotP?)

There's been talk of Sigil before, I believe in MotP, and I think it's supposed to be included in the DMG2 later this year. It's also, assuming the internet is correct, included in the E2 module "Kingdom of the Ghouls."

Of course, even if that weren't the case, I don't see the simplified cosmology of 4E as really fitting the complex political structure (as I understand it - I've never really looked into the setting much) of Planescape. I mean, the alignment change itself would probably wreak some havoc, and the Blood War being gone doesn't help much either.

How is Ravenloft in the Core Shadowfell? I heard about a Castle ran by vampire minotaurs, but that's nothing like Ravenloft.

There's a series of articles in Dungeon Magazine, I believe, called "Domains of Dread," that I think are sort of the 4E version of Ravenloft. I could be wrong, but it also seems to be the blogger Brandan Landgraff's thought, too.

erikun
2009-07-19, 10:36 PM
Ah, I see now. Reading the linked article helps in that reguard. :smalltongue:

Needless to say, I don't find 4E Manual of the Planes to be a proper substitue for an actual campaign setting. I can see why it's unlikely if the basics of the setting have already been "discussed" in another book - and WotC is probably looking for something new to show people. However, I found 4E MotP to be quite, well, lacking as a splatbook alone - to imply that it's a substitue for a campaign is downright unsulting. :smallyuk:

I find it interesting that the Ravenloft campaign setting - along with the Revenant and novels, apparently - are apparently being released DDI only. I'm a bit disappointed, but luckily wasn't interested in running a campaign with it anyways.

About the only one I'm interested in (besides Planescape) is Dark Sun, and about the only reason for that is my interest in Psionics, which Dark Sun would no doubt (partially) support. That, and I never did get a chance to play my Human Bard/Mage from back in 2E. :smallamused:

RTGoodman
2009-07-19, 10:46 PM
Needless to say, I don't find 4E Manual of the Planes to be a proper substitue for an actual campaign setting.

Well, I haven't actually BOUGHT most of the 4E books (just the Core three, PHB2, the Powers series, and AV). I can get most of what I need from MotP, Draconomicon, Open Grave, and the rest of the books through the Compendium since I AM a subscriber, so I don't know much about the books themselves.

As far as some stuff being subscription-only, well, that's bound to change eventually. I KNOW they're releasing a Dragon Compendium later this year with Dragon content, so they might eventually do that with some of the DM-specific stuff from Dungeon.

Since I didn't play D&D really before 3.x, I'm not THAT amiliar with most of the older settings besides FR and DL. I've found Ravenloft and Dark Sun stuff at the used books store, and they seem cool, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Dark Sun, from what I've read, does seem like it'd be awesome, though I question if the meager nature of the setting really meshes with the Heroic aspect of 4E.

jmbrown
2009-07-19, 11:17 PM
There's nothing terribly "heroic" about Dark Sun. You're usually an escaped slave searching for freedom or soldier guarding a merchant caravan and PCs band together for mutual protection. Poking your nose around too much in Dark Sun lead to your death at creatures way more powerful. Combat was prevelant but most battles were a hit-and-run affair.

All 4E did to the planes was remove the multitude of subplanes. The higher planes are still duking it out with the lower planes with the planes surrounding them being relatively unaligned. Rather than using infinity different sub planes, the planes are designed to have unique locations to explore instead of "You're in limbo. It's empty in all directions. What do you d-- oh, wait, you were waylaid by ten death slaad prepare to defend yourself."

FlawedParadigm
2009-07-19, 11:42 PM
Personally, I'd hope for Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Planescape, or Westeros (the setting of most of the action in George R. R. Martin's books, and yes, I'm aware there's already two RPGs for it) myself. The first three were always big favourites of mine, because they were always so evocative...preservers vs. defilers, domain laws, the fun to be had with gates and avoiding the Lady's gaze, not to mention all the odd things you could run in to...all three settings were very good at establishing that you weren't in Kansas anymore (I remember the 2E Ravenloft box set with the gypsy tarot card props you could get) and were very immersive.

If I had to pick one, I'd want Planescape, just on the off chance that it might also be accompanied by another game as awesome as Torment was. Admittedly, Torment was pretty linear for a setting where freedom is generally the point, but it does an excellent job for working within the confines of a computer game as opposed to a live DM.

I'm really hoping they pull out Rich's old submission, though. I know he can't and won't tell us about it because Wizards may one day use it, and they'd get oodles of good PR if they did, Rich being the internet Messiah that he is now. Not only am I sure we'd all be glad to have our curiosity sated, but having seen Rich's world-building skills just for a webcomic, I'd be thrilled to see what sort of effort he put into an actual setting intended for play.

Nai_Calus
2009-07-20, 01:19 AM
Rather than using infinity different sub planes, the planes are designed to have unique locations to explore instead of "You're in limbo. It's empty in all directions. What do you d-- oh, wait, you were waylaid by ten death slaad prepare to defend yourself."

Uh. There were seventeen outer planes, all of them distinct, not 'infinity different subplanes'. All of them had plenty of unique locations to explore, and being infinite, you had plenty of room to *add your own*.

Also, if you had ever read anything at all about Limbo other than the name, you'd know full well that it's not even remotely empty. At all. Think Elemental Chaos but weirder. Much weirder. Make your own ground, just pay attention to it so it doesn't go away while you ain't thinking about it.

I find so often that the people who endlessly disparage the Great Wheel in general and Planescape in particular seem to have never actually read a single sodding thing pertaining to them at all, outside of some internet synopsis or perhaps the 3.5 DMG.

The old planes were infinitely more interesting than the new ones. Pun intended. :P

Yora
2009-07-20, 01:57 AM
They did make a new version of the FR. And I think most old AD&D Fans hate it. So I wouldn't hope too much for a 4e Planescape.

jmbrown
2009-07-20, 02:09 AM
Uh. There were seventeen outer planes, all of them distinct, not 'infinity different subplanes'. All of them had plenty of unique locations to explore, and being infinite, you had plenty of room to *add your own*.

Also, if you had ever read anything at all about Limbo other than the name, you'd know full well that it's not even remotely empty. At all. Think Elemental Chaos but weirder. Much weirder. Make your own ground, just pay attention to it so it doesn't go away while you ain't thinking about it.

I find so often that the people who endlessly disparage the Great Wheel in general and Planescape in particular seem to have never actually read a single sodding thing pertaining to them at all, outside of some internet synopsis or perhaps the 3.5 DMG.

The old planes were infinitely more interesting than the new ones. Pun intended. :P

That's the point. The AD&D cosmology was defined by dozens of books. Few people cared and simply made up their own locations on the spot. The DMG described the planes in simplistic terms, offering very little incentive to visit them, and if you wanted more flavor it required half a dozen books compounding on that.

In the end, the only planes that people cared to use were the elemental planes, astral, ethereal, positive and negative, and shadow. The elemental planes were combined into one, the astral plane still exists with the shadow plane absorbing negative energy, and the positive energy planes are combined with the upper planes with the lower planes being the abyss and other horrible places.

The cosmology only caused problems IMO. I can't deny that people liked it and I love the planescape setting but teaching it to someone is a nightmare and planar travel is a true hassle for the DM. At least for the players I always end up with someone who complained when plane shift didn't send them exactly where they expected to go and then whine when a monster dismisses them back home.

Yora
2009-07-20, 02:26 AM
True, planescape is not so good as a part of the basic game. :smallamused:

jmbrown
2009-07-20, 02:39 AM
I should also add that one of the biggest appeals to me for Planescape was the art of Tony DiTerlizzi and Robh Ruppel. Tony had this wonderfully whimsical style and Robh had a destinct Frank Frazetta thing going on. Without their art, I couldn't care less what goes into the new setting. It just wouldn't be the same. I don't care for 4E's art as is because they either recycle old art or they use their over digitized paintings of men screaming and women in bikini armor (which, to their credit, disappeared after the core books).

Panda-s1
2009-07-20, 04:09 AM
Honestly, I really want it to be Dragonlance. Not because I'm interested in the novels, they don't sound very appealing to me. But the more I learn about the setting, the more I'm interested. The only thing I worry about is kender, having Dragonlance as a setting means having players playing kender for the lulz :smallannoyed: Dark Sun wouldn't be bad either.

Planescape... well whenever someone says "I miss the Great Wheel!" all I can think is "No, you miss Planescape!" Really, the Great Wheel is nothing without Planescape, and honestly if you're playing in a setting like FR, then the Great Wheel is really just a distraction (or may not even be relevant). That being said I think a setting based entirely around planar travel would be awesome, though it may need a bit of tweaking for 4e. They had a nice page long sidebar in MotP about the Great Wheel, so while some of the developers may think it needs a rest, they haven't forgotten it.

What I'm hoping for the most, though, would be a new setting by one of the setting contest finalists. Though I'm worried if they decide to use the setting created by Rich Burlew, I mean the majority of his fans are 3.5 players and that may or may not lead to a backlash :/

mikeejimbo
2009-07-20, 07:28 AM
I'm hoping for Spelljammer, myself.

bosssmiley
2009-07-20, 08:30 AM
I'm hoping for Spelljammer, myself.

Spelljammer and 4E as written could be a good match, if only the ship-to-ship combat and effects of Grubbian space are handled right. Spelljammer is already a pretty fast-action, high-adventure swashbuckling setting. Just add stellar corsair paragon paths and you're good to go.

Likewise 4E + Birthright, if done right. You'd could have bloodlines as a heroic tier multiclass option or something, and different types of scion rulers (knight errant, merchant prince, etc.) as paragon paths. Epic levels? You lead armies against one of the big five Awnsheigh, then try to stop the return of Azrai...

Much as it depresses me to say it, 4E + a kind of Planescape spin-off are probably an ok match (at least in some respects). You've already got planar currencies, extra-planar beings and cosmic adventures as an expected part of 4E play. I wouldn't see WOTC as being above harvesting the respect the Planescape name has for a quick buck. Easy enough to tack some Planescape-ish product identity onto some stumbling hackwork to sell a few books.

Sorry if that sounds bitter, but I'd not expect the promethean lightning that animated AD&D Planescape to strike twice though. IIRC it was the fact that TSR upper management were distracted by pushing Mystara as an AD&D setting (!) that allowed the Planescape team the leeway they had to 'think the unthinkable' and make Planescape such a memorable setting. I can't see that happening with the 'always on message' WOTC machine, can you?

(all the above are possible: it wouldn't make any of them anything other than blasphemies though. :smalltongue:)

alexi
2009-07-20, 08:50 AM
"Oriental Adventures was kind of based off of Legend of the Five Rings - and I was under the impression that it was a one time thing. I don't recall any further WotC for the setting, so it's unlikely we'll see it again."

the original oriental adventures had nothing to do with L5R, it was set in kara-Tur, which is part of FR

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-20, 09:44 AM
That's the point. The AD&D cosmology was defined by dozens of books. Few people cared and simply made up their own locations on the spot. The DMG described the planes in simplistic terms, offering very little incentive to visit them, and if you wanted more flavor it required half a dozen books compounding on that.

And this is different from the 4e cosmology...how? The DMG basically says "So there's the Feywild which is all nature-y and fey-ish, the Shadowfell is dark and depressing, there's this Elemental Chaos which is a bunch of elementals and demons in one place, and the Astral Sea has these floating planar islands." If you want more flavor, you need half a dozen more books, starting with the lackluster Manual of the Planes and ending with, so far as I've heard, different books for each of the abovementioned planes.

The cosmology only caused problems IMO. I can't deny that people liked it and I love the planescape setting but teaching it to someone is a nightmare and planar travel is a true hassle for the DM. At least for the players I always end up with someone who complained when plane shift didn't send them exactly where they expected to go and then whine when a monster dismisses them back home.

Really, I don't see why people have problems explaining the planes. Planescape's factions, politics, and ideology, of course, but that's mostly Sigil. The planes themselves? Baator is a nine-layer Hellish tyranny where all the devils live. Celestia is a seven-layer mountain of enlightenment in a Silver Sea of holy water where all the archons live. Mechanus is a world of absolute Law made of gears where modrons and other constructs live. Bytopia is two worlds facing each other, one wild and one civilized, where you see the other world instead of the stars. And so on and so forth.

Planar travel is no worse than teleporting around on the Prime. You're not guaranteed to get where you want to go, and if you make a powerful person angry they can send you back where you came from.

RTGoodman
2009-07-20, 07:48 PM
I just found something else that lends credence to the idea that the 2010 setting might be Dark Sun - Wizards themselves have re-released the entirety of the Dark Sun Prism Pentad series in new paperback form. (Apparently they started sometime late last year, but I hadn't seen any of it until I was in the bookstore today and picked up the first one.)

They've been releasing and RE-releasing FR and DL stuff for decades, but I don't think I've ever seen a new version of a DS, Ravenloft, or Planescape novel ever, and certainly not a new printing. Maybe they're trying to sneakily get more people into the setting before they hit us with the big surprise at GenCon?

Tiki Snakes
2009-07-20, 07:55 PM
I demand cannibalistic psionic halflings. Now! Thank you. That is all I have to say on the matter.

Except that I'd be very happy if it is to be dark sun. Clearly. Despite never actually having played in a single Dark Sun game nor read a single dark sun product.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-20, 08:13 PM
I just found something else that lends credence to the idea that the 2010 setting might be Dark Sun - Wizards themselves have re-released the entirety of the Dark Sun Prism Pentad series in new paperback form. (Apparently they started sometime late last year, but I hadn't seen any of it until I was in the bookstore today and picked up the first one.)

WHAT!? WHERE!?

*Ahem.*

What I meant to say is, could you tell us in which establishment you found them, such might I be able to purchase myself a copy?

Random NPC
2009-07-20, 08:27 PM
My hope? Rich Burlew's campaign setting!!!!!!

I wanna see it!!!!

RTGoodman
2009-07-20, 09:20 PM
What I meant to say is, could you tell us in which establishment you found them, such might I be able to purchase myself a copy?

I found 'em at my local Barnes & Noble. You can also find 'em all on Amazon - the first one's here (http://www.amazon.com/Verdant-Passage-Prism-Pentad-Book/dp/0786950579/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248142888&sr=8-1), and you can find the other four from there. And these aren't small mass-market paperback size like most FR or Dragonlance novels I have are - they're at least 8" by 5" (a good size for this type of paperback) and pretty nice looking, in fact.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-20, 09:38 PM
I found 'em at my local Barnes & Noble. You can also find 'em all on Amazon - the first one's here (http://www.amazon.com/Verdant-Passage-Prism-Pentad-Book/dp/0786950579/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248142888&sr=8-1), and you can find the other four from there. And these aren't small mass-market paperback size like most FR or Dragonlance novels I have are - they're at least 8" by 5" (a good size for this type of paperback) and pretty nice looking, in fact.

WANT.

I haven't been to B&N since 4e came out, as the only reason I went there over the much-closer Borders was their superior D&D book selection...but given that I was in Borders yesterday and they most definitely did not have this, I might have to switch allegiances.

RTGoodman
2009-07-20, 09:50 PM
I haven't been to B&N since 4e came out, as the only reason I went there over the much-closer Borders was their superior D&D book selection...but given that I was in Borders yesterday and they most definitely did not have this, I might have to switch allegiances.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I like B&N here (besides the fact that the next closest bookstore is about 40 minutes away, rather than 10) - they've got a great selection of 4E and late 3.x D&D books. Of course, apparently they had to make room for more manga, so they put all the gaming stuff (D&D books, minis, SWSE stuff, WW books, etc.) behind the counter where you either have to hover in front of the registers to see what they have or ask the employees to look at one book at a time. :smallsigh:

As far as new setting info, I've been scouring the web for stuff and all I can find are two "clues" for which I can't find original sources. Either way, the two clues are (1) the new setting will be "familiar," and (2) it will have an "A" in the title. Still leaves us with Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Planescape, Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Greyhawk, I believe. (You can find mention of the clues in the Dark Sun Campaign Setting 2010 (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=19064427) thread from the WotC boards.)

Ninetail
2009-07-20, 10:07 PM
IIRC, it was also said in an interview that Dark Sun is a favorite of several of the designers...

I'd definitely lean there. The only real competition I see is Oriental Adventures.

Planescape would be a possibility, but the Manual of the Planes and the forthcoming plane-centered books will probably take up that mantle, obviating the need for campaign-setting books. Spelljammers were already touched on in MotP, so I suspect they'll fall under the MotP series too.

Council of Wyrms is too different, I think. Plus, I suspect the Draconomicon series will start to head this way, which means no need for campaign-setting books.

Mystara is a favorite of mine, but I think it's too generic-high-fantasy to be used as the official setting any time soon -- there's already the new Forgotten Realms for that. They'll go for something that pushes the game a bit.

Greyhawk is classic, but also pretty generic-high-fantasy. Maybe in 2011, but they'll do something different.

Dragonlance... yet again, pretty standard high-fantasy. Aside from the lack of clerics (and possibly other Divine classes), which might cause other issues. This is a lot more likely than Mystara, though, and maybe even than Greyhawk.

Al-Qadim is different. However, it hasn't been heard from for well over a decade, and didn't (and presumably doesn't) have the support that Dark Sun did (and does). It's also "D&D in Arabian Nights" -- if they go for "D&D in Exotic Setting", I think they'll go with Oriental Adventures first, as OA has a bigger following; it's traditional, reaching back to the 1e days, and also more recently active as a setting, thanks to the 3e version. So it's sort of eclipsed on one side by DS, and on the other by OA. At best, I could see them shoehorning some material into an OA-like book.

(Tangent: I'm a little surprised they haven't yet announced a line of setting books. Not full campaign settings, but stuff like Ancient Greece, Roman Empire, South/Southeast Asia, Arabia, Egypt, Iron Age Scandinavia, The Ice Age... Oriental Adventures'd fall in there nicely, too. Books with some fluff and some mechanical changes that might need to be made to reflect the period and setting.)

Birthright is pretty different, too, but I don't think it's the direction they want to take the game, yet. I suspect the Adventurer's Vault line will eventually include some things about strongholds, though...

Finally, Ravenloft is a pretty strong contender, with history and a pretty solid fanbase going for it. It's also had a couple of mentions in 4e material. But the new power source for 2010 is Psionic, while the new power source for 2011 is presumably Shadow. Sure, this doesn't necessarily mean anything (it's not like Eberron has a lot of Primal stuff going on, right?) -- but Dark Sun is fairly tied to Psionics, while Ravenloft could very easily be tied to Shadow. Aesthetically, it works better for Ravenloft to be the 2011 setting.

So, yeah. I'm thinking:

2010: Dark Sun
2011: Ravenloft
2012: Greyhawk/Dragonlance
2013: Oriental Adventures
2014: 5th edition :p

OA could be sooner, though. Perhaps as a separate book line.

Asbestos
2009-07-20, 10:21 PM
My bet is on Dark Sun as well... however, I don't feel like 4e does the gritty survival stuff all that well.

Oh, and don't forget (not sure if it was mentioned) that there was a 'Hazards of Dark Sun' Dragon article for 4e. Had some of those killer plants in it.

Edit: Here it is. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drcamp/20080630)

dragoonsgone
2009-07-21, 11:57 AM
The guys doing the DnD podcast said in one of the older ones(couple of months) that their own personal game was set in Greyhawk. It was the podcast on skill challenges.

Makes me think they might do something with Greyhawk again.

RTGoodman
2009-07-21, 03:17 PM
Question for those more familiar with 3.x Psionics than I am - was there ever a psionic version of floating disk? I don't remember every seeing one. Yet, all 4E Psions can use the floating disk ritual for free once per day. As I read through most of the first Prism Pentad book last night, I found that the Psion character ALSO used the same spell/power. Tells me that some designer, at least, is looking at some of the Dark Sun stuff as part of the 4E Psion design.

As far as Greyhawk, I'm not sure it'd be a viable 4E setting anyway. I know it's popular, but I feel like it's too similar to FR (in that it's a standard epic high fantasy world) and the Points of Light 4E setting (with many similar gods and whatnot).

erikun
2009-07-21, 03:36 PM
Telekinetic Force (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/telekineticForce.htm), although it relied on concentration. It wasn't an all-day effect, but then again, you could use TK Force to smash stuff.

Oh yeah, and the related TK Thrust (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/telekineticThrust.htm) for tossing people around.