PDA

View Full Version : Promotion

Totally Guy
2009-07-20, 07:37 AM
I'm holding a letter telling me I've successfully been awarded my Post Graduate Diploma and now I've got to tell my boss so that I can get a promotion.

That's something I've never done before.

Am I supposed to just tell them to promote me and hope for the best? Or do I start talking salary and car benefits?

Meh.

Wheee!:smallbiggrin:

Vizen
2009-07-20, 07:39 AM
Well done!

As for approaching your boss, I suppose that depends on your relationship with your boss, and your work environment.

Totally Guy
2009-07-20, 08:16 AM
I contacted my boss and told him to raise it with his fellow directors. I also said that I'd bring cakes next time he visits my office which is something we always used to do back when a member of our old team did something awesome.

He said he'd be here tomorrow. So I've got to get cakes now. But I forgot that my car is being resprayed at the moment because I hardly ever use it. So I'm going to be lugging cakes around tomorrow morning. Oh well.

KuReshtin
2009-07-20, 08:28 AM
1. Walk into his office.

2. Slam the diploma (or paper proving you got the diploma) on his desk.

3. Tell him to "Gimme a raise, dammit!"

Then again, your way sounds a bit more civil.

Shikton
2009-07-20, 08:31 AM
Gratz on ding!

GrandMasterMe
2009-07-20, 11:42 AM
*wipes away tear* our wittle glug's all growed up now. Congats! You do good with that degree you hear?!

Charity
2009-07-20, 11:52 AM
Congrats Glug old bean, good on yer.

Totally Guy
2009-07-20, 12:28 PM
*wipes away tear* our wittle glug's all growed up now. Congats! You do good with that degree you hear?!

I've had a degree for years. A BSc in Maths but I work in the construction industry so now I've got a Post Grad Diploma in Construction which is actually relevant to what I do.

And I hardly see my boss these days but we had good times back when his team was far smaller. In actual fact since we had all these project changes I'm his longest serving team member.

GrandMasterMe
2009-07-20, 01:04 PM
Pish posh technicalities :smalltongue: