PDA

View Full Version : Residence #12, Highburn II(Metropolis) - Read OOC and OP!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 12:21 PM
Residence #12, Highburn Street, Metropolis

"σπίτια γιά πώληση"
A Metropolis Thread

Jutting out of yet more ugly, grey buildings, comes an ugly, grey building, a spired block of apartments and flats that spears itself, angrily, into the skylit heavens, as if trying to pierce its way out of the hellhole that is this city. Windows lie in neat, small rows, perhaps with lights shining out of them if the bulding's residents can afford them, allowing people flying past to see into the dank squalor that most of the block (and, indeed, city) is trapped in.
Should one be walking towards the building, way down from the bottom, where the high-rise buildings, and heavy clouds of smog, and smoke, and fog, intefere with the sky, interrupting the lightrays that try, ineffectual, to be noticed - the only illumination down here coming from the faintly glowing sign pointing out the nearby Underground train station, a few street-lamps dotted about, and a row of rather tacky fairy lights and argon lamps that indicate the aforementioned building.

It seems, on the ground floor, there's a small shop. It has big windows, bulletproof, showing little in particular but a few rather tacky looking ferns and a few cans of food. If this no-doubt dazzling display doesn't put you off right away, one enters to see rows and rows of shelving, with tinned and canned goods, food and drink, shipped in from cities away, others bruised or dented from falling from airlifts. In boxes at the end of each aisle, stained and grubby, there lie piles of miscellaneous goods, all old and falling apart: broken radios, half-dry batteries, ripped comics, and the like. Should one actually want to buy anything here, they'd plunge across the grubby floor, avoiding the eyes of possible thieves, and pay at the small, brightly painted till and counter, where little laminated signs (on pink and orange paper) alert you that you must show your ID card when paying for goods. The shopowner is a frail NPC of unclear racial origin, who looks like he wouldn't be too hard to take down. Yet, the dried bloodstains (ineffectually scrubbed at with bleach) indicate that perhaps there's more than meets the eye.

Beside the shop's entrance, there's an elevator, with a button to go up. The button's smashed, of course, and, once you go inside, you'll discover that some lovely occupant has urinated in the interior, at some point in the past, and the aroma still pervades. Buttons inside the lift can take one to any floor above.
A stairwell, winding and spiralling, with a couple of missing steps, winds up through the bulding too, serpentine, stopping off at public toilets (which makes you wonder why a certain person had to go in the elevator) and maintenance cupboards along the way - often at quite unexpected times.

On each and every floor above the shop, the situation's pretty much the same. Flickering flourescent lights pulse across the ceilings, casting a poor light across the scarlet-carpetted corridors, each and everyone stained or scuffed by a particular substance, the pale lemon-cream wall paper flaking and breaking at each and every glance. Doors, every few metres down the wall, are identified by scratchy deep green or crimson paint, and by locks, painted gold, many of which are breakable. On every floor, there's actually a fairly well-stocked communal kitchen.
What's inside a room is mostly up to player, but rooms are generally of poor quality, containing nothing out-of-the-ordinary, unless someone actually brings it in. If you want a room fixed up, you'd have to ring up the NPC maintenance; but it's unlikely they'll come. Most people try and fix things themselves.

Residents:
Room #67: Lech Bojarski
Room #101: Sebastian "Trouble" Eversole
Room #112: Eve Wygal
Room #175: Daniel Chestnut
Room #202: Freddy and Emanuel Suarez
Room #212: Damien Hendricks
Room #222: Daisy Annette Flowers
Room #230: Andrew Tambor
Room #234: Neil Griffith
Room #527: Marke Yoghen Librason
Room #603: Justine
Room #729: Xian "Indigo Dusk" Teng

OOC Notes:
Obviously, abide by Metropolis and Forum rules. Basically anyone can try and buy/rent a room, but you have to roleplay it, and please PM the thread creator if you do, so it can be put in the first post to alert players of where you character lives. You must have an ID card to get hold of a room - so people who're illegally here will have to fake it to get a room. If you apply for a room, you get it for a week free, while you look for employment, but then you're on your own.
The apartment block is near to nearly anywhere you want it to be, but if this is abused, such an addition will be taken away.
Like in The Hollow, this thead's first post may occasionally update, so do check it occasionally, please.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 12:25 PM
Damien nods and embraces Daisy, kissing her on the lips (it is assumed she has finished brushing.) "Well, I don't mind living in the other apartment for the time being, but with our child on the way we need to put some serious thought into living together..."

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 12:34 PM
Well...yeah.

Daisy flushes and kisses Damien again, REALLY not wanting to talk about that right now. "OK, so I'll think about it." She smiles faintly and pulls away, hugging herself. "I just...I've never been one of those people who does things 'just because'. Before, when..." She gestures at the scar on her abdomen. "...I wasn't gonna move in with him or get married or anything. And with Frank, marriage was never even anything I thought about. It would have been a joke." She looks down, her brow furrowed. "I just...I need time. I don't want to rush into something because I'm pregnant. It wouldn't be fair to any of us." She puts a hand to her belly, subconsciously.

Beans
2009-07-20, 12:36 PM
Saffy?
Yeah?
I'm sorry for what happened earlier.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 12:36 PM
Damien nods. "I just... you know... I just had to try again." He isn't torn up like he was the last time, but it's obvious that he's disappointed. He reaches out to place his hand over Daisy's on her belly, intertwining her fingers with his. "You know I'm not trying to push you. All I want for you is whatever it is you want for yourself."

"And," Damien says. "I want what's best for our baby."

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 12:38 PM
Daisy nods, raising her eyes to his. "Of course, Dami." She sighs. "You know I love you, right? You're not doubting that, are you? Because that's not at all what this is about." She bites her lip, frightened.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 12:40 PM
Damien shakes his head. "I never doubted that at all. You're right, it's been a crazy time and... you know..." he trails off, looking away.

But only for a moment, his eyes lock back with hers. "You told me that you are the happiest you have ever been with me, like this. Why would I want to ever spoil that by changing things up so quickly?"

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 12:44 PM
Daisy reaches up and runs her fingers through Damien's hair, smiling faintly. "Thanks, Tiger." She leans forward, pressing her weight against him, pinning him to the door. She rises onto her toes, wraps her arms around his neck, and gives him a long, deep kiss. The kind you wait until you are in private for.

Beans
2009-07-20, 12:45 PM
Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault.
I know. But it scared you. I scared you.
I wasn't afraid of you, sweetie. I was afraid for you.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 12:47 PM
Here's hoping Spike can't see/hear it!

Damien totally immerses himself in Daisy's kiss, all vestiges of doubt completely alleviated by the sincerity of it. It's a good thing that they are in private as he initially attempts to push the embrace further, running his hand inside Daisy's shirt and up her back, but remembers that the super-smart dog is under the bed, so he simply massages Daisy's back.

Daisy should be able to tell easily that Damien is in...ahem... an excited state.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 12:51 PM
Daisy smiles a little sadly and pulls away. "Sorry, Tiger. Didn't mean to tease. I just...I wanted to show you..." She shrugs helplessly.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 12:53 PM
Damien smiles, tightening his embrace on Daisy. "No worries babe, it's only because you are so hot!" He releases her and takes a seat on the new(ish) couch, grinning at her. "We should stop by the library and pick up some books..."

Damien then, sadly, has to deadtime for the next two hours.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 01:03 PM
Boo, hiss, work - blargh!

Daisy sighs with relief and nods at Damien's suggestion - and then he deadtimes. She sighs again and sits on the bed to sketch, hoping it will ease her mind. She knows she won't be able to sleep, no matter how tired she is. She sketches herself, from the back, looking ahead. To her left is a man who vaguely resembles Damien. To her right, Spike's silhouette. Each is reaching for her...

Aggravated, she puts the book away and goes back to boring holes in the ceiling with her eyes.

Beans
2009-07-20, 01:06 PM
((When d'you think we should pull out a certain someone's daughter and the nanny-tron?))
Clar, what happened... it wasn't your fault. It happened to me too. I was able to push past it, and so can you.
And I'm here to help.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 01:14 PM
((Hmmmm, are they ready? I'd say wait until Toobi plays hooky so we have someone else to interact with. Or whenever Freddikins gets on.

In the meantime, we can take Clar to the shrink, if ya want.))

Falgorn
2009-07-20, 01:15 PM
((Cough cough, Neil, cough.))

There's only one thing that could mellow Daisy out now! Smoking Marijuana. Which is exactly what Neil's doing.
Hooray.

Beans
2009-07-20, 01:21 PM
((Shrinky!))
Really?
Really.
... I love you, Saffy.
They may be audible to Daisy.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 01:28 PM
Spike crawls out from under the bed, melancholy settling on him like dew clings to grass.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 01:29 PM
Andrew can be found walking out of his home.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 01:33 PM
Daisy gleefully throws her arms around Spike's neck, burying her face in his fur. "I'm so sorry about that. Spike, I..." She lifts his face in her hands, gentle...so gentle. "I love you too, whatever you are. Man, dog, it doesn't matter. You are sweet, loyal, loving, and beautiful." She smiles and gives his doggy nose a kiss, as if to prove her point.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 01:36 PM
But you can't love him, can you Daisy? Not with another man's baby sitting deep down in you, ticking like a timebomb. To think you wouldn't tell Spike.
To think that.
:smallfrown:

Spike barks, quietly.

Beans
2009-07-20, 01:41 PM
Clar and Saff go to sit on the bed. P'raps they'll be more audible to Daze now.
You had a bad dream, didn't you?
Yeah... it was... yeah.
I think you need to see the therapist lady too.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 01:44 PM
...slipped her mind?

Daisy sighs, ruffling Spike's fur as she stands. She looks towards the couch, where Damien deadtimed and sighs again. Her hand goes to her belly and suddenly she starts to cry. She rushes across the apartment to sit by the wall opposite Damien's, hoping the girls won't hear her. I can't do this. I can't! She covers her mouth with her hand to muffle her sobbing.

Aaaaaaah, hormones! THAT explains the sudden constant weepiness!

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 01:49 PM
And so that's how it is. Let's go home, Spike.
Let's go home; the dog, mewling, slightly, strangely feline for one so obviously doggish, his tail hanging miserably, pads out the room. Trust him, he knows where he's not wanted. Or where he thinks he knows where he's not wanted.

Beans
2009-07-20, 01:53 PM
I think I heard something. Should we...?
... Not yet. I hate to sound apathetic, but she really might be needing some alone time.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 02:11 PM
"Spike - I want you to stay. But I feel like if I ask you to, you'll freak out and leave me." Daisy's voice is tight from crying.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 02:22 PM
Flicker. You don't want. Me. Proof. In there. With a quivering hand, he gestures, crudely, at her belly. His eyes are filled with bright tears.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 02:56 PM
Let's all take a trip! A guilt trip!

Daisy looks up, shaking her head, unable to speak. Her own eyes are wet, then wide with fear as she sees Damien wake up.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 02:56 PM
Damien undeadtimes, noticing the sudden appearance of a naked man in the apartment. "What the!?" he exclaims, leaping from the couch.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 02:57 PM
Ooh, can we go to the beach, soon-to-be-momma?

Spike backs away from Damien, tears streaming down his face.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 02:58 PM
Daisy jumps to her feet between the two, hoping to stop the fight she thinks is about to break out. "Stop. Both of you. Relax." She looks at man-Spike. "Let me take care of this." She turns to Damien, both hands up, defensive. "Be calm. Listen before you freak out."

Beans
2009-07-20, 02:59 PM
Saff and Daisy are on their feet in a flash; they head out the door and into the hallway.
What's going on?

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 02:59 PM
Damien reaches instinctively into his jacket, fingering the pistol concealed there. "Who the hell are you!?" He yells, advancing forward menacingly.
He balks when Daisy leaps in front of him. "Daisy... what's going on!?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 03:02 PM
Spike shivers, nervously, and tries to back away, further, only to back properly up against the wall, now, shivering more, looking even more pained by the appearance of yet more people.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 03:03 PM
Damien stops, only a few feet from Daisy, and a few more from Spike. He eyes the man up and down, Spike's nudity only serving to make him angrier.

"Did this pervert try to touch you?" Damien asks Daisy.

Beans
2009-07-20, 03:04 PM
Standing in the doorway (in their undies, no less), Saff and Clar...
Agh.
Somebody tell me I'm having another nightmare.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:09 PM
Daisy points to the bathroom. "Please, get in there." She hurries over to the bedside and grabs the bag of clothes there, tossing them into the bathroom. Her eyes silently plead with him no to change, not to give himself away. She turns back to Damien, shielding Spike as much as she can with her body. "Stop yelling! He wasn't even close to me. Relax!" She glances at the door. "Saff, Clarice - dammit - give us a minute, alright?!" Her cheeks are flushed, her breath panting. Her mind races, her heart pounds painfully in her chest.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 03:09 PM
Damien eases his aggressive stance, but his tone is incredibly severe. "Daisy, who the hell is that?"

Would a scared, panicked Spike abandon reason and turn back into a dog?

Beans
2009-07-20, 03:11 PM
Saff and Clar back away from the door, pale and confused.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:11 PM
"None of your damn business, that's who!" Daisy pushes Damien, trying to force him to give Spike some room.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 03:13 PM
Damien is shocked, and gives easily. He doesn't say anything, but it's obvious that he is incredibly hurt by Daisy's gesture.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 03:14 PM
Spike dives into the bathroom, panicked. Almost whimpering, in a very... canine fashion, as he slams the door behind him. Frantic sounds can be heard, though it's unclear quite what they are.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:15 PM
Daisy, her face twisted in anger, shame, fear, hurt, screams at Damien and pushes him again. "Just get out of here Damien, alright? I can't deal with this right now."

Beans
2009-07-20, 03:17 PM
Saff's feet, slick with icy sweat, slip. She hits her head on the hall's wall and is knocked out.

Clarice's breathing becomes irregular and ragged.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 03:19 PM
Damien looks even more hurt, his mouth is dry but he creaks out a few words. “I think I understand… it’s not even mine, is it? You’ve been playing me this whole time? huh? Was I just your sugar daddy while you f**ked your real boyfriend behind my back?”

He turns away, heading for the apartment door. He opens it, revealing the girls outside. “What the hell are you listening for? It’s none of your damn business, get outta here!” he bellows, pushing past the girls and stomping toward the stairs.

It isn’t long before Damien can no longer be heard, and it’s doubtful that he will ever be coming back.

Deadtime.

Beans
2009-07-20, 03:23 PM
Scary Clar's eye snaps open.
You, all of you, make me sick. Somehow, her almost-nudity makes it even worse.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:27 PM
"No." It's all Daisy can manage to say, clutching at her belly and the hole that seems to be forming there. She just stands there, staring at the open door, trembling all over. Finally she walks over and closes it, seemingly blind and deaf to everything going on around her. Turning slowly, shambling like a zombie, she sits on the edge of the bed. "I never wanted this, you know. Didn't want to get pregnant, didn't mean to. Didn't want to hurt or scare you, didn't want to hurt anyone." She turns her head slightly towards the bathroom door, tears rolling freely down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, to you most of all, I think. I wanted you all to myself, wanted something...and now I've gone and screwed everything up. I'm sorry."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 03:30 PM
Who are you talking to, Daisy, dear? The door, hardly sufficiently closed in the first place, swings at her movement open shortly, revealing the abandoned clothes on the floor. And the wide, open window, from which Spike escaped.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:33 PM
Well that's it.

Daisy can't take being in that apartment right now. It's suffocating her, choking her. She looks longingly at the window, then runs out the door, leaving her keys, her money, everything behind. She runs in the hallway, seeing Clarice and Saff...

Beans
2009-07-20, 03:35 PM
Pathetic. All of you.
She stands up, fists clenching spasmodically.
You, the thief, the street-sweeper, the wild man, the four-eyes, his sister, the drunk whore, and especially, especially the little chained darling Clarice you all love so dearly.
Her words seethe with wrath, her single pupil is a black void of hatred.
I hate this. The body my broken mind inhabits, this firetrap building, this hellhole city.

And if you asked me to kill you, begged me to take my chains and give you one last embrace to speed you toward the grave, I would spit in your face and deny you even that.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:51 PM
"You sound like Indigo." Daisy's voice is flat, like some part of her has died. She glances at Saff, eyes blank, then heads down the stairs. Some part of her mind whispers for her to trip, fall, embrace the darkness, but she doesn't. Instead she heads outside, looks up and down the street...and runs.

Beans
2009-07-20, 06:16 PM
Snap.
DON'T F[OR]KING RUN AWAY FROM ME!
Her clothes slither on their chains along the floor as she bolts down the stairs after her.

Saff and Clarice return to the room; stripped of their energy by grief, they barely make it to the bed before conking out.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 09:36 AM
Damien returns to Highburn street, walking up to Daisy's apartment. He stands outside the door, waiting, unsure.

Finally he brings himself to knock "Shave and a Haircut" lightly, almost as if he didn't want Daisy to hear. After a couple of minutes he knocks again, louder and more desperate.

Finally he practically beats his fist bloody on the door to "Shave and a Haircut." with no answer... and unsure if Daisy is even home, Damien returns to his apartment, only to realize that Saff still has his keys.

Sighing, Damien starts picking the lock to his own apartment.

Beans
2009-07-21, 09:39 AM
The lock clicks and the handle turns as the door opens slowly.
Saff stands here, looking tired and harried.
Morning, Damien.
She isn't angry, or bitter, or reproachful---just vaguely glad he's alive and, behind those tawny eyes, a bit frantic.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 09:41 AM
Damien nods at the teen girl. "Is... Is she okay?" He says slowly, motioning toward Daisy's apartment.

He enters his apartment, with the (hopefully dressed) girl, despair and hurt on his mind.

((To be continued, deadtime, Beans))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:47 AM
((...Daisy left her door open when she left. Just saying - coulda tried the handle, Dami. :smalltongue: ))

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 11:57 AM
((Dirky, I won't be able to post during my lunch today, I have to go do an errand for my Dad. But you have permission to God-Mod and take control of Damien if you wish. I don't want to miss any of the action. Maybe he and Saff somehow find out about what Daisy is doing and where she is.))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:13 PM
Daisy leads the way to her apartment, then, remembering she is supposed to return to Masque (whatever that is), she curses quietly. "Griever, Sera, I have to go meet someone. I'll just shower and change and do that, if that's alright?" She hurries across the apartment, kicking off her tennis shoes and fetching a clean pair of jeans and a yellow tank top from her bedside table. "Um, no TV, but I'll get one. Kitchen down the hallway, welcome to anything there."

Seraphina nods, then yawns mightily. Might be just about her afternoon naptime.

Beans
2009-07-21, 02:18 PM
Griever nods.
I believe, Mistress Sera, that it is time for your afternoon nap.
Damn droids, reading Dirky's posts.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:23 PM
Seraphina clambers onto the bed, her eyes closing as soon as her head hits the pillow, in that way only small children can manage.

Daisy smiles and rushes into the bathroom to shower and change. She stops on the way out only to caress the sleeping girl's hair and nod at Griever. "I should be back soon. If Saff, Clarice, Daniel, Hannah, or Emanuel comes to the door, they are alright, not a threat. Friends, OK?"

She doesn't mention Damien or Spike - she figures they won't come calling. She grabs her ID, some cash, and her key, then heads out in a hurry.

Beans
2009-07-21, 02:26 PM
He nods, and takes up his post just outside the door.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 02:57 PM
Damien undeadtimes, apparently hanging out with Saff in his apartment all day. He is panicking, hearing about Daisy on the roof from the local news.

"So do you think Daisy... cheated on me?" He asks her, heading for the door to look for Daisy.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:58 PM
Oh look! A pamphlet on the hallway floor for Masque...complete with address.

Beans
2009-07-21, 03:00 PM
I don't think so.
Maybe that guy, he was... I dunno... maybe she just wanted to help him. Like she helped me, back when I was pretty much already dead anyway.

Griever (yay character thread) is standing in the hallway by Daisy's door.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 03:01 PM
Damien stares at the robot.

"What the hell is that!?" he asks Saff, approaching Daisy's door. He notices the pamphlet on the ground and picks it up curiously.

Beans
2009-07-21, 03:03 PM
Uh...
My name is Griever. I am standing guard for Miss Seraphina, who is taking her afternoon nap. I request that you keep your voices down, although the child is a heavy sleeper.
Perhaps you are looking for Miss Daisy. She is out, not having said where she would be.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 03:04 PM
"Daisy!?" Damien says... "Is she alright? You said you don't know where she went? Do you have an idea?" he says it very quickly, suddenly feeling the incredible urge to apologize and try to get Daisy's side of the story, before things got any worse.

He takes a step toward the robot-thing.

Beans
2009-07-21, 03:09 PM
Miss Daisy appeared to be quite well. She said she was meeting somebody; that pamphlet may indicate where.
... Okay then.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 03:11 PM
Damien stares at the pamphlet, the paper crinkling in his tight grip. He looks up at Griever. "I don't know what is going on, but if you see Daisy tell her..."

He looks over at Saff and sighs. he turns back to Griever. "Tell Daisy that Damien Hendricks...misses her...and that he... loves her, still."

A tear comes to his eyes, he had been so quick to assume the worst of her. Now she was out there, alone, up to goodness knows what.

He starts for the stairs. "Saff, you and I are going to find her, and we are starting with Masque."

Damien resolutely deadtimes, but is godmoddable by Dirky if he gets bored enough.

Beans
2009-07-21, 03:14 PM
Griever nods.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:04 PM
Damien heads down into the lobby and out into the streets, presumably followed by Saff.

"Any idea where this place is?" Damien asks, holding up the pamphlet for Saff to see.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:04 PM
((I guess they pass as she is in the store - they need to miss each other.))

After a quick stop downstairs at the shop to pick up some things she had ordered, Daisy heads home and lets herself inside. She finds Seraphina, still sleeping, and gently moves her to the couch. Quietly, she sets up the fancily designed dressing/privacy screens she got from downstairs, making herself a little wall around her bed. Sighing, she slumps onto the bed.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:05 PM
And a certain canine crawls out from under the bed as she falls onto it.

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:08 PM
No. Her eyes pick out the address on the pamphlet.
But now I do.
Let's go.

Griever has gone into a sort of sleep-mode; he is, however, semi-alert.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:08 PM
Hopefully Griever is alert enough to relay Damien's message to Daisy before she passed inside... Le sigh.

Damien and Saff head to Masque.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:10 PM
"Spike!" Daisy has sense enough to keep quiet. She starts to hug him, then hesitates, unsure what to do or say. "I am so, so sorry. I didn't want any of that to happen." Her lip trembles. "I was out all night looking for you!"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:11 PM
Flicker. Let's not waste time talking, eh?

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:11 PM
Griever was, in fact, not.
It is being further drawn out. Owie.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:12 PM
Daisly looks Spike over, reaching for him hesitantly. She bites her lip, nervous.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:16 PM
So Spike kisses her. It seems like the right time.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:17 PM
And Daisy kisses him back, drawing him closer. There's a desperation to her caresses. Before I forget everything, I want to know that I loved you. She murmurs it against his lips. "I love you."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:18 PM
Methinks the curtain falls.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:19 PM
Indeedy it do.
((Sorry, Toobs.))
Afterwards, Daisy huddles against Spike's chest, wiry hair tickling her cheek. "Thank you."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:20 PM
((Not like it's actually me, you know. :smallbiggrin:))

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:21 PM
Was nice. Wrong. But... Spike manages to say. Right.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:25 PM
Daisy rolls onto her belly to look at him. "Can you ever forgive me? For wanting to keep you? For...all this? For having such a fickle heart?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:27 PM
Maybe. Spike says, smiling. Poor Spike. He's dreaming of their future together...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:28 PM
Daisy kisses him, first his chest, then his neck, then up to his lips. She giggles quietly. "Puppies." She seems to say it to herself, but Spike probably gets it. She reaches across him for her clothes.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:29 PM
Spike kisses her, soundly, on the neck, and flickers, curling up on the foot of the bed, to sleep.
((deadtime))

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:29 PM
Uh oh.

A worried, hurt, and desperate Damien just returned home, and he's going upstairs, toward Daisy's door once again.

He ignores Griever and does his signature knock on Daisy's door.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:32 PM
Just as she finishes getting dressed. Whew, timing. Daisy takes a deep breath and crosses the room to open the door. Her eyes are hollow. "What is it, Damien? I'm trying to get some rest. I slept on the sidewalk last night." No terms of endearment. But her throat clenches - she feels something.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:33 PM
Damien's throat clenches as well. "Daisy, I have been searching for you. I... I needed to tell you that I was sorry, and that I love you and I need to see you. I... I've missed you terribly. I want to be here for you and our child. Will you please let me in so we can talk...?"

Daisy can probably see the tears on his face. his eyes are red and puffy and he looks pale.

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:33 PM
Oh, Daze. Saff shakes her head at the thought of street-Daisy.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 05:36 PM
Daisy shakes her head. "Not now, Dami. I just couldn't take it right now. I'm sorry." She means it - and there's the pet name. "Tomorrow, alright? I promise." With an exhausted, apologetic smile at Saff, Daisy closes the door - not rudely! She locks it up, checks on sleeping Seraphina, and crawls into bed next to her man-dog. She slips an arm around Spike, smiles faintly, and drifts into deadtime.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:37 PM
"Daze...please..." Is all Damien can say, while the woman he loves sleeps in the arms of a man she had just slept with, Damien cries at her doorstep, loudly.

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:39 PM
Griever turns a blind eye on this. That's really a good thing.

Saff tries to put a comforting arm around Damien as her own tears begin to flow.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:40 PM
"I've lost her Saff... I know I have..." Damien says, turning away from Daisy's door and slowly trudging toward his own home, arm in arm with Saff.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:41 PM
As he sleeps, Spike reverts to canine form.
((actually deadtime!))

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:43 PM
I'm so sorry, Dami---en. She strays away from the pet name at the last second, not wanting to use it now. I know it's killing me from the inside out.
And I just know my pain doesn't compare to yours.
She fights to keep her voice level.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:47 PM
Damien slumps on his couch, looking up at Saff. "Your pain? I know you've had a helluva time, Saff. My emotional troubles don't compare to yours though. You have been through some real problems."

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:52 PM
Clarice is napping, blissfully ignorant, on the couch. Saff's voice and approach prompt her to crawl into the older girl's lap.
Sitting, her head leaning on his shoulder, tears bleeding into his sleeve, Saff sighs a shuddering, raw-edged breath.
That's what scares me, Damien.
It would be so easy to slip back into that... that hopeless twilight, too dark for the sun to shine, but not dark enough to see the light in others... and this could just tip me over into it.
But I can't. I have to stay strong for... for Clarice.
For everyone.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:55 PM
Damien nods. "If... if I have lost her... bah.. nevermind..." Damien says, finding himself drifting off to sleep as well.

"If I have lost her... promise me you will take care of her, Saff. I have done a rotten job of it so far..."

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:59 PM
I promise.
Tears running down her cheeks, she huddles against the arm of a man she sees as a brother, holding the broken little girl she loves like a sister.
And down she drifts into the warm, dark, damp undertow of sleep. And into Beans's descriptions.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 06:00 PM
Damien sleeps as well, thankful that Saff is still on his side.

((Let's see how this mess sorts out tomorrow, eh?))

Beans
2009-07-21, 06:04 PM
((A-yep.
MISERY IS AWESOME.))

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 06:31 AM
Damien wakes up, finding himself with an arm wrapped around Saff. He quickly withdraws and takes a fresh set of clothes into the bathroom and starts a shower.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 07:23 AM
Finishing his shower, Damien gets re-dressed. He is about to leave the bathroom when he notices that he hasn't shaved in a while. Removing his shirt, he quickly gets to work.

When he is finished, he dries off, puts his shirt back on, and then goes back into the apartment proper.

He smiles at Saff and Clarice asleep on his couch, and steps out into the hall, eyeing Griever and waiting for Daisy to emerge.

Beans
2009-07-22, 07:40 AM
Saff and Clarice stir in their various sleeps.

Griever gives a slight nod.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 07:43 AM
Well, I want to do something useful with Neil, but I can't, since it would make me seem like the bastard I am.
Any ideas...anyone?

Beans
2009-07-22, 07:44 AM
Uh... daaang. Sorry, Falgy. My brains is broked.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 07:46 AM
Oh, look. Emanuel, seemingly in a rare period of time when he isn't working like crazy, in cooking in one of the kitchens. Fatty, meaty smells are wafting through the halls as he fries, humming an old Mexican tune to himself.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 07:47 AM
'Tis fine. Mine's on vacation with Jake's. They're at Rio. :smalltongue:

Neil gets up and goes to the streets. Until he smells food. And follows the scent.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 07:48 AM
((For the record, I thought Spike had already changed back into a dog when she got into bed to snuggle him.))

Daisy wakes, snuggled against Damien. No, Spike. The dog. Daisy smiles, her eyes sad. She ruffles the giant wolfhound's fur and watches him sleep for a bit. This will be better for you, really. Better for everyone. Eventually I'd want to wake up next to the man instead of the dog. I wonder which is your original form. Wish I knew more about you. I wish...a lot of things. She pets his neck, long strokes of her hand, gentle. "Mostly I wish I'd never put any of you through this." Daisy sighs and checks on Seraphina - sleeping soundly. She fetches her blue summer dress that matches her eyes and slips into the bathroom for her own shower.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 07:49 AM
Spike continues to sleep, soundly.

Beans
2009-07-22, 07:49 AM
Saff and Clarice awake.
Saff's mind goes a-like-a-this:
Smell.
That smell.
That cooking.
... Maybe... Emanuel?
Wake up time.

She sits up, rubbing her bleary eyes.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 07:56 AM
Neil arrives at the kitchen. Hey, man. I'm Neil. His stomach gurgles. Bad stomach! He smiles at Emanuel.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 07:57 AM
Hey - Emanuel's me. He nods to the huge amounts of frankly most unhealthy foods he's cooking. Hungry?

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 08:00 AM
Yes, thanks. He takes a plate of the offered food. If it was offered. Nice to meet ya.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:01 AM
Daisy gets out of the shower and puts her hair into a thick braid while it's still wet. She comes out of the bedroom to find Seraphina...about to pounce on the sleeping pooch. Daisy rushes out of the bathroom and catches the little girl by the waist, keeping her from landing on Spike.

And Seraphina lets out a piercing giggly laugh. "A puppy!"

Daisy chuckles and tries to shush her, already cringing inwardly for poor Spike's ears. "He's not a puppy, Sera. He's a big dog and his name is Spike and see how big his ears are? That means he hears very well, so you need to be veeeeery quiet. OK?"

Seraphina's eyes grow wide, showing how blue they are. "OK - can I pet him?"

Daisy shrugs. "I don't know, honey - he's sleeping. Let me ask him." She too smells the breakfast cooking. She leans close and strokes Spike's neck. "Hey you. There's a little girl here who wants to pet you, and then I was wondering if you'd like to have breakfast with us."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:03 AM
Spike growls, quietly. Seeming most displeased about the whole affair, one eye opens, and the large dog gently licks the little girl's cheek in greeting, wagging his tail, slightly, to Daisy in affirmation.

Emanuel does indeed offer the guy a large plate of fry-up, and then gets himself an ever larger one, while more stuff's cooking. Vice versa. What's up?

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 08:06 AM
Neil devours the food like a ravenous...something. Nothing really, just livin' here. You?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:06 AM
Daisy smiles affectionately as Sera giggles and geeeently pets the pooch. "Her name is Seraphina, and she's...staying with me until other arrangements are made." Damn, that sorta throws a kink in the whole 'get-my-memories-erased' plan. Hmmmmm. "Come on." She scratches behind his ears. "Who loves me?" She grins and winks.

Seraphina slips her little hand into Daisy's and pats her thigh, as if that will get Spike moving. Daisy chuckles and heads for the door, opening it wide to let everyone through. She'd forgotten about Griever, and he startles her for a moment. "Aaah- oh, Griver. Good morning."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:08 AM
Spike is prompted to move, but more by the smell of food wafting in from the open door than anything else. Grumpily, he pads towards FOOD with the others, barking occasionally.

Emanuel nods. Working. :smallsigh:

Beans
2009-07-22, 08:09 AM
Good morning, Miss Daisy. I hope you and Miss Sera slept well.
And who is your canine companion?

Saff and Clarice stumble, after getting dressed, into the hallway.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 08:10 AM
You gotta do what you gotta do. Neil nods, finishing his meal. Good food.
So, where are you from?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:11 AM
Down south, beyond the border. You?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:16 AM
"That's Spike. And he's welcome here anytime. Wonderful, smart, loyal - everything a girl could ask for." Daisy smiles as she watches him take off down the hall.

Seraphina chases after Spike, giggling. Daisy gestures for the nanny-bot to follow and pauses when she sees Saff and Clarice in the kitchen. Calming herself, she walks inside. "Hey guys, who- MANNY!" Daisy throws her arms wide open for a hug from her long-absent chunky Hispanic friend.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 08:16 AM
West Philly, my man. He nods towards Saff, Daisy and Clarice, getting the last bits of food off of his fingers.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:18 AM
Hey Daisy. Emanuel says, hugging her back in turn. Want something to eat? He asks, everyone, smiling, before noting the small girl's presence. And aren't you adorable - what's your name?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:22 AM
"Food - please. And some for Spike if there's enough." Daisy takes a seat, eyeing Clarice and Saff, wondering what they will have to say to her. "Hey Clar - sorry about the other day. I was just...rotten."

"Seraphina, but most people call me Sera." Her clear, high-pitched voice rings out. "Mama Daisy's taking care of me until my mommy comes back."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:23 AM
Emanuel dishes out food. Daisy gets a standard fry-up, Spike gets a bowl of bacon and sausage, and Sera's allowed to pick what she wants. What do you want, Saff, and... your friends?

Beans
2009-07-22, 08:25 AM
It's okay. Clarice's brilliant red eye blinks.

Griever (yay character thread) has followed them down, but stays at a respectful distance.

Er... I guess I'll just have what Daze's having, thanks.
I'd like the same, please.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:28 AM
Daisy takes a bite and nods her satisfaction, giving Emanuel a thumbs-up. "It's good. Mmmmm, that's Clarice, and the robot headed this way is Griever." She notices Neil and flushes, waving across the table to him. "Oh, hey Neil! How rude of me - sorry."

Sera starts to look around for sweets until she hears mention of her robotic babysitter. Sighing, she makes herself a sensible plate of food and sits next to Daisy.

"Want me to cut that up for you?"

Sera rolls her eyes. "No - I'm not a baby. I can do it!" And she does - atta girl!

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:30 AM
Clarice and Saff are served similar portions to Daisy. Yay.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 08:30 AM
Hey. What's up? Neil asks, propping his feet up on the table.

Beans
2009-07-22, 08:31 AM
Saff looks at Sera.
Hi there, cutie. She smiles, as does Clarice. Clarice, with her purty eyepatch.
Pirate joke.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:36 AM
Daisy clears her throat and speaks quietly, directing her statement at Saff. "We knew her mother. And she came looking for her. And since no one has seen her since the fire, I said she could stay with me for a while." She hopes Saff takes the hint - and doesn't say her name, fearing it will set Clarice off again. As Clarice has been...rather unstable. Daisy drops a hand to Spike's back, petting him as he eats.

Sera kicks her feet and hums between bites, not listening to the grown-ups talking. "I like the flowers on your eye!"

Beans
2009-07-22, 08:39 AM
Ironically, it's Clarice who takes the hint and rolls with it. She gives Saff's hand a squeeze, then looks back at Sera.

Thanks. I like your... prettiness.
Saff's scar has blanched white, but she smiles anyway.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:39 AM
Spike's petted. He's enjoying his meal.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 08:40 AM
Neil stands up and waves his goodbyes to everyone, heading back to his room.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:47 AM
Daisy waves back, still wondering what to make of the musician. Seraphina digs in, and Daisy waits to discuss other matters after Manny and Spike aren't around. "So Manny, where ya been? Long time, no see! I've missed ya." She thinks back to the last time she saw him - oh yeah! When he nearly threw Damien through a wall.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:49 AM
Work. Got myself another two jobs, along with bouncin'. Manny says, taking another huge bite of meeeat!

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:51 AM
"Good for you?" Daisy smiles around a mouthful of food. "Is it wearing on you at all? I mean, you look...great! Have you lost a little weight?" Her question sounds sincere.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:52 AM
Gained. Don't have time to bother losing. Emanuel says, checking his watch.

Beans
2009-07-22, 08:53 AM
Saff and Clar dig in.
Saff's scar is still blanched white as her mind seethes.
I killed her mother.
I killed that sweet, innocent little girl's mother.
... And I thought Ophana was the monster.
I was wrong.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 08:56 AM
Daisy shrugs and grins. "Still, you look good. Just don't be a stranger, alright?" Her smile is affectionate, and she's glad she doesn't have to worry about him...or involve him in her troubles. Her player gets the sinking sensation Spike will be dashing off soon, so Daisy takes a moment to shower him with extra affection. She looks down at him - not far down - and smiles. "Hey...I love you."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 09:05 AM
He looks up at her, and blinks. His tongue lolls as he smiles, and nods. Tail, wagging!

Beans
2009-07-22, 09:07 AM
Are you alright, Saffy?
Saff looks at Clarice.
I... yeah. I think I just wore myself out last night.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:11 AM
Daisy continues to pet Spike as Seraphina chews her food, each bite deliberate. Daisy smiles at the little girl and ruffles her hair, then turns to Saff, pushing her plate away. "Saffy, I know what you're thinking, or at least I think I do. And stop it - you know better than that." She glances at the little girl next to her and leans across the table, her whisper almost a hiss. "She left her alone, for pete's sake!"

Beans
2009-07-22, 09:15 AM
I know... but the little one still loves her mother, doesn't she?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:19 AM
"I don't think she knows her, really. Just an instinctual thing. The robo-sitter has taken care of her for who knows how long?!" Daisy glances sideways at Seraphina. "Probably best for her this way."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 09:23 AM
Right, I've got to go. Bye, guys. Eat what's left, if you want it. The chunky Manny says, getting up, heading out the room, and later, building, with a wave. He's left, on the table, his phone number.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:25 AM
Daisy scoops it up, smiling, and tucks the number into the top of her dress to file away later. "See ya, Manny." Once he's gone, she clears her throat quietly. "How...have you seen..." She shakes her head, deciding not to ask after all.

Seraphina finishes her plate and gets up to put the dish into the sink.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 09:27 AM
Damien heads into the kitchen, "Hi Daze..."

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:31 AM
Daisy's voice catches in her throat - she had just been asking about him! Sorta. She looks over at Saff and Clarice. "COuld you guys go show Sera where I keep my paints? Maybe she wants to draw a picture on one of the walls." The little girl nods excitedly. "Damien and I need to talk."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 09:31 AM
Damien nods and takes a seat, clearly happy to see Daisy but also obviously nervous about the route this conversation will take.

"I was worried..."

Beans
2009-07-22, 09:33 AM
Saff and Clar get up.
C'mon, Sera. Daisy's got some great paints---that's how she did this eyepatch.
They lead Sera back to le room, with Griever following.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:38 AM
Sera dashes, leading the way, and directs the girls once she gets inside. "Stand over there - I want to paint you!" Seems she inherited some of her mother's bossiness. She starts painting childish stick people on the wall.

Daisy clenches her hands together to keep from shaking, her voice carefully controlled. "You really hurt me, Damien. And it's not the first time." She sighs. "I know what it looked like, but you never even gave me the chance to explain. And you just jumped to a conclusion." She leans forward slightly, her gaze narrowed. "Why are you always so eager to assume the worst of me? I'm starting to see a pattern, and it really upsets me."

Beans
2009-07-22, 09:40 AM
Saff and Clar... stand.
Griever observes carefully.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 09:43 AM
Damien nods, gulping back a tear and taking a deep breath while collecting his thoughts. "I know it was a very stupid mistake of mine... But... I just get so afraid of losing you, you know? I worked so hard, and we've been through so much together and it just kinda took a big hit... At first I thought he was an intruder or a rapist, but when you defended him so rigourously..."

He looks away for a moment. "I promise it won't happen again. If you give me just one more chance, I know that I will never disappoint you again. I'm not going to ask to move in with you again, and I will get a regular day job to take care of our child when he or she finally comes."

He reaches forward to take Daisy's hands, looking into her eyes. "I love you, Daisy Flowers, and if you say it's nothing for me to be concerned about, regarding that man, then I will believe you and move on."

Daisy will likely notice that Damien has probably never been this serious in the entire time that she's known him.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:54 AM
Daisy lets Damien take her hands, but then pulls away after several seconds. "I love you, Damien. And I've never meant to give you any reason to doubt that. I've never doubted it myself. But I really, really need to think about this." She tosses her head, braid whipping like a tail. "And no, that man was not anything you need to worry about." Her eyes soften, revealing how much she cares - the emotions she is trying to keep in check. "Dami, the only thing you ever have to worry about is you. YOU are the only reason I would ever want to leave." She shakes her head. "Nobody and nothing else has that power, and if you don't realize it by now, I'm afraid you never will." She stands, pushing her chair back. "I'll let you know when I'm ready for what. I just need some space, OK? Now, I've got to go - apparently Ophana left a daughter behind. The little girl who was in here, Seraphina? So I've got to go look after her. Alright?" Her lip trembles. "We'll talk about the baby later. For now, I'm still having it. And I need to go back to the doctor soon - you gonna come?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 09:56 AM
Spike pads away, silently.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 09:59 AM
Daisy watches him go, her face a sea of emotions. But she dares not say anything, not in front of Damien.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 10:04 AM
Damien nods mutely, he stands with her moving over to attempt to hug her. If successful, he will bury his face in her shoulder, whispering. “You are right about everything, and if you give me that chance I swear I won’t ever doubt you again. I know you are, and always have been, mine alone. And I want you to know that I am the same to you.”

He pulls back. “Of course I’m going to go to the doctor with you, If there is anything in this world I love more then you, it’s what’s growing inside you.”

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 10:18 AM
"I just don't know yet, Damien. Like I said, I'll let you know." Daisy lets him hug her, but just as with the hands, she pulls away soon after. Twinge of guilt at the 'mine alone' part - yay?

Beans
2009-07-22, 10:20 AM
((Metropolis.
If you thought FFRP couldn't be a tearjerker, you thought wrong.
Move over, Bambi's Mother.))

Er... stuff is happening with Saff and Clar?

((*snif*
*snif*
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 10:33 AM
Daisy leaves the kitchen and heads down the hallway, her heart heavy. Seems a memory/body wipe isn't in the cards for her just yet. And separating Clarice and Saff...out of the question. She opens the door to her apartment and sees Saff and Clar huddled together near the wall, Sera painting away with childish abandon. But it's clear the two girls are featured. Daisy smiles. "Are we having fun yet?"

Seraphina grins. "Mama Daisy!" She runs over, arms open, and Daisy scoops her up in a hug. She couldn't be more different from her mother.

Beans
2009-07-22, 10:36 AM
Saff and Clarice nod. Saff is looking a little better.
Sera's a little painting machine!

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 10:38 AM
Daisy grins and wipes a blob of paint from Sera's chin. "It's sooooo pretty, Sera."

Sera grins. "I know, thanks. It's because Clarice and Saff are so pretty and they were nice and still." She looks over at her robo-guard. "Maybe I should paint Grievy next. Like, on him."

Daisy raises an eyebrow. "Maybe."

Suddenly the little girl shrieks, pointing at the floor. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! A SPIDER!"

Beans
2009-07-22, 10:42 AM
Griever's boot has flattened the arachnid before Saff even sees it. And with a casual flick of his ankle, the creepy crawler has been thrown out of sight.
The arachnid is no more, Miss Sera.

Clarice tries to put a hand on the wee girlie's shoulder.
Are you alright, Sera?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 10:51 AM
Sera nods, her hair flipping up and down with the motion. "Yep. I just hate spiders is all. They're so icky and crawly and...ugh." Her face scrunches with distaste. "Thank you, Grievy."

Daisy holds the girl, squeezing her gently. "So, Sera, do you go to school, or does Griever serve as a tutor also?" She tries to change the subject.

Beans
2009-07-22, 10:54 AM
I tutor Miss Sera when the time is available. He nods.
I think he would sound a LOT like Shere Khan from Disney's The Jungle Book.
Or maybe Christopher Plummer.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 11:06 AM
Daisy narrows her eyes slightly. "When the time is available?" Daisy's maternal instincts kick into overdrive. "Then I think she should be enrolled in a proper school. We should look into that."

Sera, for her part, looks excited.

Daisy grins and shrugs. "Maybe Clarice could go too. Whatcha think?"

Beans
2009-07-22, 11:08 AM
Very well, Miss Daisy. He nods once.
Sure!
Definitely.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 11:21 AM
((Because that's a good idea! Clar will kill them all.))

Beans
2009-07-22, 11:22 AM
((Hehe. Carrie Junior.))

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 11:55 AM
Damien leaves, apparently while in Chameleon form.

Daisy needs time, he understands. But his goal of making Metropolis a better place by cleansing out the corrupt officials and their goons, that was ongoing.

Damien thinks it's time to take his message to the public.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 12:04 PM
Daisy nods, glad they all agree. "So I need to look into schools - great." While she remembers, she takes Manny's number and sticks it in her notebook. Nodding to herself, she does some mental calculations. "We need cell phones."

Beans
2009-07-22, 12:10 PM
Griever draws a celly from his pocket.
I think I might have had one, back before... she eyes Sera for a moment. stuff happened.

McBish
2009-07-22, 12:13 PM
A small figure walks inside looking for someone at the front desk. She is wearing a large raincoat that hides her pretty much completely. She looks into getting her free week.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 12:17 PM
Daisy nods. "OK, so Sera doesn't need one? I do, Clarice...Saffy?"

Sera pouts - she wanted a new phone. She sits on the floor, crosses her legs, and folds her arms over her chest. Cute, petulance.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 12:18 PM
Her free week is given, along with a room on the first floor. Choose which!

Beans
2009-07-22, 12:21 PM
Clarice sits next to Sera, trying to put an arm around her.
I think Clar needs one more than I do.

McBish
2009-07-22, 12:24 PM
She probably gets an odd look from the person at the desk when she gives him her ID. But she is assigned to room #112 and given her key. She pulls her hood over her face to keep it hidden and heads to her room. She frowns when she sees the condition of her room, pulls the blinds shut and sits down crying for a bit, apparently not happy to be here. After a bit she pulls herself together and heads down to the shop to pick up some food for herself.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 12:27 PM
"My treat." Daisy smiles warmly at her friends, then heads for the door. "Who's coming with?" Oooh, and to interact with a new neighbor - woot!

Beans
2009-07-22, 12:30 PM
Saff nods, going to the door.
Clarice gives Sera's shoulder a little squeeze.
Coming, Sera? I might need help picking mine out, and you're smart like that. Flattery.

McBish
2009-07-22, 12:34 PM
Eve picks out several different varieties of Ramen for food stuffing them in her basket.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 12:39 PM
Sera agrees happily, hopping to her feet and taking Clarice's hand. Daisy laughs and leads them out of the apartment and downstairs.

Entering the little shop, she bumps into a girl in a raincoat. "Oh, hi. Sorry. I'm Daisy." She extends a hand. "New neighbor?"

McBish
2009-07-22, 12:43 PM
The girl seems surprised as she is bumped into. She takes the hand shaking it, she is wearing thin leather gloves. She keeps her hood up so Daisy would probably only see shadows covering her face. Yes, I'm Eve. Nice to meet you.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 12:43 PM
On their way out, everyone there may notice Neil, dressed all fancy-like, which is weird for Neil. He accidentally bumps into Seph, unless she stops him, of Griever does.

Beans
2009-07-22, 12:44 PM
Clarice looks up at the mysteeeeeeerious woman, her single scarlet eye bright.
Hi!

Griever does, in fact, stop him.
Do take care, sir.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 12:47 PM
Daisy, watching, smiles knowingly and looks to Eve. "We all live up on the second floor." Seeing the girl's basket and not wanting to seem rude, Daisy smiles. "You know, we've got a great kitchen on our floor, nice and clean, and we all pitch in to keep the fridge stocked. You're welcome to whatever we've got." Not entirely true - mostly Daisy keeps it stocked, but whatever.

Sera peeks out from behind Griever, giggling. "Hiiiiiiii Neil." Her eyes are starry - oh, a little-girl-crush!

McBish
2009-07-22, 12:50 PM
Clarice looking up at the girl might be able to get a better view of Eve, she might notice something odd, her skin seems to be bright red. Maybe it is a trick of the light. Thank you. She seems to be pretty shy.

Beans
2009-07-22, 12:51 PM
Saff smiles behind her hand at Sera; Clarice looks mildly confused.

Griever just... staaaaaands.

Anyway, Clarice smiles at Eve.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 12:52 PM
Neil facepalms. Sorry about that. I'm just in a bit of a hurry. Neil chuckles at Sera, not noticing the little-girl-crush. Hiiii Sera.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 12:56 PM
Daisy grins and steps aside. "Well, we're on a mission here, so I'll let you go. But like I said, drop by any time." Her smile is friendly. She points to a display by the counter and muster a super-hero-esque voice. "To the cell phones!"

Sera's cheeks turn BRIGHT pink and she grins at Neil. "Where ya goooooooin?"

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 12:58 PM
Neil is still ignorant. To wooooork. Or schooool. Whatever you call it. What are the odds? He works at a school.

McBish
2009-07-22, 12:59 PM
Eve nods, Nice to meet you guys. She waves goodbye and pays for her food. She heads away her feet clicking as she does so. Anyone really observant might notice something strange. Her feet seem to be cloven hooves, must be some weird sort of shoes or something. She heads back to her room, having a bit of a problem with a sticky lock.

Beans
2009-07-22, 01:00 PM
Clarice is downright confused at the whole Sera-Neil thing that's going on.

Saff smiles again, looking at le display.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 01:09 PM
Daisy doesn't notice, focusing her attention on the phone display. She pulls up a sleek silver flip phone and looks it over.

Sera locks her knees and sways side to side, eyes bright. "I'm gonna go to school, tooooooo. As soon as Mama Daisy signs me up." She flashes an agitated glance at Daisy, impatient.

Beans
2009-07-22, 01:11 PM
Psst. Sera.
Should I just go ahead and pick out the phone myself?
Clar whispers into Sera's ear.

Saff nods at le phoen.
Nice.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:11 PM
Cool. I'm on my way right now. Unless you and Daisy are doing something, you could come. He smiles, checking his watch.

McBish
2009-07-22, 01:16 PM
Eve frowns and kicks her door, then trying to open it one more time she manages to get it open. She heads inside leaving her door open as she puts away her ramen. She wanders around slightly looking it over wandering what she is going to do here now.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 01:19 PM
Sera might as well be on the moon when it comes to Clarice. In her mind, Neil just asked her to walk with him to school. She turns to Daisy and hops up and down excitedly. "Can we, Mama Daisy? Can we? Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh..." It goes on - no signs of stopping.

Daisy nods her thanks at Saff, then laughs at Sera's eagerness, knowing what its cause is. "Sure, sure. And Clar can come too as soon as she picks a phone. The whole family can go - woohoo!" She laughs, surprised by how quickly this little girl has been absorbed into her makeshift family unit. Daisy slides her phone over the counter and waits for Clarice to pick one out.

Seraphina runs over and slips her little hand into Neil's, beaming a smile up at him.

Beans
2009-07-22, 01:20 PM
Clar swiftly picks a sensible dark-green phone.
What's up with Sera? She asks Daisy in a whisper.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 01:22 PM
Daisy grins and whispers back. "I think she's got a little crush on Neil." She winks and pays for the phones. "Alright, Neil and Sera - after you." The little girl nearly swoons and Daisy laughs. "See?"

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:24 PM
Neil can't help but laugh at Sera, just a tiny bit. You're pretty eager to go to school. Neil smiles back at Daisy, and he begins walking to the school.

Beans
2009-07-22, 01:25 PM
Clarice blinks, shrugs, and takes Saff's hand.
I... guess let's go then.

McBish
2009-07-22, 01:27 PM
Eve figures she can only stay in her apartment for so long. So she leaves locking the door behind her. She picks up a newspaper and heads upstairs, all the way up to the roof. Apparently she want's some fresh air and privacy. Once up there she takes off her raincoat reveling her devilish appearance, she even stretches out her wings a bit, figuring no one can see her up here. She sits and reads the classifieds looking for a suitable job.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 03:04 PM
Damien returns to his apartment, after causing a ruckus downtown. He wasn't as good an orator as Daisy as his crowd had been much smaller.

God that girl could get a group going... Damien thinks, heading up to his apartment.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 03:10 PM
The shopkeep downstairs tries to flag Damien down.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 03:11 PM
Damien gets a new idea... something for Daisy, something to show he is as dedicated to her dream as she is...

He heads down to the lobby shop, browses for some items. He stops when the shopkeep motions for him. "What's up, chief?"

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 03:17 PM
The shopkeep slides over a cell phone receipt with a phone number scribbled onto it. It's clearly Daisy's writing, and apparently the old man has figured out they are a pair. She must have left it behind.

Beans
2009-07-22, 03:21 PM
Saff and Clar walk in; Sera is probably with them, with Griever following her.

McBish
2009-07-22, 03:39 PM
Eve frowns as she finishes reading the paper. How is she going to get a job in this place, looking how she does. She looks up at the sky and wishes it was the one above her home. But for now it will do, three steps and then she leaps off the roof of the building, falling only a few feat before her wings flap and she starts to gain altitude. She flies higher above the building doing some lazy circles. She might look like a big bird from the ground, unless you looked really close.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 03:40 PM
Sera's there, still pouting.

Daisy comes running into the lobby, meeting the group in the hallway. "I need Damien! And Spike!" She's slightly out of breath from running.

Beans
2009-07-22, 03:41 PM
I haven't seen either of them, Daze. I'm sorry. She is.
And, ya know, Dami is dedtiem'd.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 03:47 PM
I know!

Daisy sighs. "If you see him, tell him to call me. I need him to do me a favor." She lets herself into her apartment and smiles at Sera. "C'mon, kiddo. I think the girls are ready for a break."

Beans
2009-07-22, 03:52 PM
Saff nods, swallowing hard.
Clarice holds her hand, looking up with a concerned eye.

McBish
2009-07-22, 03:58 PM
Eve lands back on the roof. She puts her raincoat back on and heads back downstairs. She has her newspaper tucked under her arm and considers what she is going to do as she battles her sticky lock once again.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 04:08 PM
Daisy sighs and sends Sera inside to play with the paints some more. "Look, I'm gonna do everything I can to help Danny and Hannah. That's why I need Damien. Just...calm down. Relax - have a drink. We can't do anything just now, alright?" She sees Eve pass by and quiets, not wanting her to get too involved.

Beans
2009-07-22, 04:10 PM
Saff nods, and comes in to sit on the couch.
Clarice looks at Daisy, her eye saying it all... I'm worried for her.

McBish
2009-07-22, 04:14 PM
Eve kicks her door again figuring it worked last time. This time it works again, she smiles under her hood and goes inside really having to shove her door closed to get it to latch.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 04:16 PM
Hey, Daisy had the same problem! Until she got a new door.

Daisy nods at Clarice and follows the group inside, watching Sera play happily. She kneels in front of Saff and takes her hands. "I'm gonna find a way to get Danny out, Saff. Something, somewhere...there's a loophole. Manny says it wasn't a good idea for him to say it was an accident, but I made it clear not to say anything else. They will be fine. I'll get it taken care of." She smiles reassuringly.

Beans
2009-07-22, 04:19 PM
Saff nods... then attempts a sudden hug as tears flow down her cheeks.
Aww.
((Dinner dedtiem.))

McBish
2009-07-22, 04:22 PM
Geeze you think they would keep better care of this place... wait no you wouldn't.

Eve starts to try to make her apartment feel more homelike.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 04:26 PM
Damien takes the phone number graciously, and quickly buys a cheap phone of his own.

After it is set up, Damien dials the phone number, hanging on and hoping Daisy picks up.

((more posting in 30 minutes!))

Beans
2009-07-22, 04:47 PM
((Bweansy is back'd.))
Saff... is still hugging?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 04:53 PM
Daisy hugs the girls as her phone starts to ring. She ignores it for a moment.

Sera grabs it from Daisy's purse and opens it, trying to figure out how to answer it.

Beans
2009-07-22, 04:58 PM
Sera, can I see the phone for a minute? I think it might be an important call. Clar gently indicates that she should hand the phone over.

Saff shudders.
Oh, god, Daze... I don't wanna lose him, I can't...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:03 PM
Sera frowns and hands over the phone to Clarice.

Daisy squeezes Saff tightly. "You won't lose him, Saffy."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:04 PM
Damien waits, his dispair growing with each ring.

Beans
2009-07-22, 05:07 PM
Clarice answers le phone.
Clarice speaking, who is this?

Saff nods tearily.

McBish
2009-07-22, 05:08 PM
Eve heads to the communal kitchen and starts to cook herself some ramen. She is still wearing her raincoat. She sort of stands out and thinks to herself that she should get herself a hot plate or something.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:10 PM
"Clarice! Hi! It's Damien! Is Daisy there?" Damien says excitedly.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:11 PM
Daisy kisses Saff's forehead and just holds her a moment, rocking gently as she cries.

Seraphina sneaks up behind Griever and tries to paint a rainbow on him.

Beans
2009-07-22, 05:12 PM
Yeah. I'll tell her.
She taps Daisy on the shoulder.
Daze, it's Damien on the phone.
Saff looks up at this; Clarice holds the phone out to Daisy.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:14 PM
Daisy takes the phone, not moving from where she is holding Saff. "Dami? Where are you? And how quickly can you get to my place?" Her tone is calmly insistent.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:16 PM
"Um... I'm in the shop downstairs, be up in a sec..." Damien says, nodding thankfully at the shopkeep and bounding up the stairs.

"What's wrong?" He asks while going up the stairs and rounding the corner toward Daisy' door.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:17 PM
"I need you. Hurry. The door's open."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:18 PM
"Of course!" Damien says, snapping his phone shut as he enters Daisy's apartment. He notes the sad state of the people inside, gives Griever and Seraphina a courteous nod before focusing on Daisy.

"What's wrong, Daze? What can I do?"

McBish
2009-07-22, 05:21 PM
The smell of Ramen fills the first floor kitchen as Eve finishes her meal of Ramen. She eats straight out of her pot as she walks back to her door.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:22 PM
Since when does Damien have a cell phone? :smalltongue:

Daisy looks up, closing her own phone and setting it down on the couch. "Danny and Hannah were arrested. Apparently Indigo died and they had something to do with it." She shakes her head. "I wasn't there, so that's all I know. Manny's a cop - not a bad one - but he can't help us." She sighs. "Danny as much as admitted it in front of the cops, so I told them both not to say anything else." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. "I need copies of the files in the police station. Witness statements, coroner's report, stuff like that. Not the whole file, but copies. Something I can use to try and find a way to get them out. There has to be something. That's where you come in, Dami. This IS sort of your specialty." The guilt for even asking him is clear on her face.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:26 PM
Damien nods soberly, looking at Saff and nodding at her as well. He turns his eyes back to Daisy. "I'll do it. It won't be easy, and not safe in the slightest... But I've done crazier things..." he says, winking at Daisy. "I can get started now." He turns toward the hallway. He stops and looks back at Daisy. "If I get caught, can you do me one favor?"

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:28 PM
Daisy nods soberly, rising from the couch and disengaging herself from Saff. "Sure, Dami."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:33 PM
Damien will attempt to hug Daisy and give her a quick kiss on the cheek. He pulls away from her, looking into her eyes. "If I... if I get caught, or if I don't make it for whatever reason...read the last entry in my notebook."

The look on his face screams that he wants to embrace Daisy and gush over how much he loves her, but he doesn't. He turns away, sadly, and heads toward his apartment to get the tools he will need for the job.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:36 PM
Sera keeps happily painting the rainbow on Griever's back.

Daisy waits a few long, agonizing seconds, then runs out into the hallway. She grabs Damien by the shoulder and spins him, trying to press his back to the wall. She grabs the back of his neck and pulls him down, kissing him deeply, her other hand slipping around to his back. It's a long, passionate kiss, but before it goes any further, Daisy breaks away and gazes into Damien's eyes. Her own are fierce, determined. "Don't get caught, Dami."

Beans
2009-07-22, 05:39 PM
The paint seems to just fade into the material of his coat; a very faint, fuzzy rainbow-shape remains.
Scary coat.

Clarice climbs into Saff's lap.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-22, 05:41 PM
Damien's resolve and confidence just soared to 120%!

He nods. "I won't..." and goes into his apartment to gather his tools.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 05:45 PM
Daisy smiles to herself, then motions to Griever. "Hey, I think I saw a used TV downstairs and I've been meaning to get one. and I'm sure Sera wouldn't mind one, so can you come help me bring it up?"