PDA

View Full Version : Cover to Cover

didub
2009-07-20, 12:31 PM
Febreezium, Heretic, Darius, Ithilianor, Bakkan, and Seventhearl got in

You've just entered a dungeon. A few steps in a swarm of rats comes rushing out to the daylight! Disturbed by the commotion, centipedes the size of your forearm start dropping from the ceiling!!!

Bakkan
2009-07-20, 01:43 PM
Wend

"Oh no! We must have bothered these creatures where they slept! Let's kill 'em!"

OOC:
Do you want our rolls, etc. in spoilers? And do you want us to wait until our turn to post our actions, or can we post out of turn? If the first, I will edit this post.

[roll0]

Move Action: Move into melee range

Standard Action: Attack nearest enemy with scimitar

[roll1]
[roll2]
If threaten,
[roll3]
[roll4]

Free Action: Handle companion to attack the nearest enemy (auto-success)

Riding Dog:
[roll5]
[roll6]
If threaten,
[roll7]
[roll8]

Darius
2009-07-20, 01:51 PM
Bree Yark, half-orc cleric INIT 9

If won initiative:

Growling out a command, "Bard - give us a song to inspire us," the half-orc pulls out a bit of parchment and calls upon his god's power to deflect attacks as he puts himself between the creatures and the squishier members of the party with his two-handed sword in hand

ooc: cast shield of faith

Stat Bar

AC 17 (t13, f16)
HP 12
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5

two-handed sword +5 attack (2d6+6 damage)

active effects: shield of faith (1 minute)

Darius
2009-07-20, 01:52 PM
ooc: Sorry for double post - forgot initiative:

[roll0]

IthilanorStPete
2009-07-20, 03:35 PM
Initiative [roll0]

"FOR JUSTICE!" yells Duares, as he readies for battle.

OOC:

Move action: Move to melee range of the nearest enemy
Std action: Poke him with my spear.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
If threaten, [roll3]
If critical, [roll4]

Stat block:

AC 16 (flat-footed 16, touch 10)
HP 12/12
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +4
Wielding Spear (1d8+2 dmg, x3 critical)

didub
2009-07-20, 04:01 PM
OOC: Out of turn posting is fine, I'll narrate the full round once everyone posts. And I don't really care what goes in spoilers and what doesn't, this isn't a very orderly thread ;)

Febreezium
2009-07-20, 04:14 PM
Keltong roars with rage entirely articulated in a single, prolonged note.

[roll0]

Move action: Keltong charges as well.
Standard action:

Power Attack (-1/+2) [roll1]
To confirm [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

seventhearl
2009-07-21, 06:46 AM
Bob the Bard

init [roll0]

Moves back from the monsters and starts to recite

"Kill Kill Kill the rats
I don't like horrible rats
or large Centipedes"

starts singing bard song/poem (anyone like the poem it took me all of one minute to write?)

HereticNox
2009-07-21, 10:31 AM
"Aptly sung bard." Knocking an arrow, Rilan smiles as the twang of the bow reaches his ears.

Attacking a rat, one of the many.
Init
[roll0]

Lets see

Attack [roll1]

Damage [roll2] +2 (favored enemy Animal)

seventhearl
2009-07-21, 01:28 PM
ooc - has everyone posted as to what they are doing?

IthilanorStPete
2009-07-21, 03:21 PM
Looks like it.

Darius
2009-07-21, 07:39 PM
Bree Yark, half-orc cleric

It looks like Bree lost initiative, so he will not subject himself to AoO's...

Feeling the inspiring song wash over him, the half-orc joins the battle, slicing at the centipedes with his two-handed sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Stat Bar

AC 15 (t11, f14)
HP 12
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5

two-handed sword +6 attack (2d6+7 damage)

bard song: +1 (morale) attack and damage

didub
2009-07-22, 09:52 AM
The rats charge out towards you, but fortunately the adventurers where ready, calling on their dungeoneering expertise to forwarn them of this possibility when kicking down a door.

As Bob lets wild a caroling tune, the others in the party feel a deep pity on his poor mind, and all focus more intently on protecting him by eliminated by the enemy. Keltong nimbly runs toward a large-ish rat in back and removes it's head from the rest of it, while Duares steps in front of Bob and ward the rats off. Two leap forward at him, but only one survives the leap, and it bites him in the ankle. Rilan takes advantage of Rilan clearing a space in front of him and expertly snipes a rat, straight through the eye, stepping aside quickly to let Wend and his faithful companion run to the left to engage the centipedes. They destroy one before the centipedes react and come at them, crawling up the dog and digging into his neck and shoulder while one finds a weak point in Wend's pants and stings him. Bree moves right and slits another bug, and the rats are beginning to have second thoughts and retreat, and the centipedes make for their holes in the wall.

1dmg on Duares, 3dmg and fort. on the pooch (what's it's name?), and 1dmg and fort. on Wend. Did I stick close enough to your original actions?Also, do you think we need to wait for everyone to post their non-combat options, or just wait till some people have?

Bakkan
2009-07-22, 11:35 AM
Wend and Canist both try to shrug off whatever nastiness the centipedes held.

Fort Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Do I gather then that this combat is over?

EDIT: Wow, I like those rolls

seventhearl
2009-07-22, 11:46 AM
Is that the end of combat and can we loot the bodys? :smallbiggrin:

Febreezium
2009-07-22, 01:00 PM
I think there are still centipedes all over Wend and Canist... not certain how to get them off by the rules.

didub
2009-07-22, 04:42 PM
Combat is in fact over, and you may loot whatever rats and centipedes carried with them...

Wend flings the centipede off of him. His wounds are dripping with some kind blue liquid that quickly turns to vapor, but he grits his teeth and shakes it off, as does Canist. There is an old door leading to the next room.

HereticNox
2009-07-22, 04:58 PM
So ticks,fleas and the plague... No thanks, I will take my arrow back though.

Watching as the centipedes fly off into the distance, Rilan turns to his companions. "Shall we move on?"

Febreezium
2009-07-22, 05:16 PM
OOC: Will we be getting XP as we go along, or will you tell us when we level?

"Sounds good. Let's be more careful. No more surprises."

seventhearl
2009-07-22, 06:29 PM
Bob the bard
ooc-continueing bard song

"after slaying rats
we press ever onwards down
with me making noise"

(don't think that song is as good as the last one)

Darius
2009-07-22, 08:09 PM
Bree Yark

"Bree ate rats. Rats have nest. Nest has treasure. Bree find nest."

So, can we tell where these creatures came from? Also, listen at the door first before going in.

[roll0]

HereticNox
2009-07-22, 08:12 PM
With a smirk Rilan replies, "Killing rats is even more rewarding now...I like it."

Maybe under the crack of the door or something spot check
Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

seventhearl
2009-07-23, 04:04 AM
remember i'm still singing until someone gets me to shut up

didub
2009-07-23, 11:33 AM
The rats came from crevices in the walls. The sides of the room were carved out, but the back is mostly natural. None of the crevices are big enough to fit through, and appear empty except for a small satchel containing 20 pieces of gold and 40 silver.

Listening at the door, with Bob's majestic song aiding you (???), you hear a slight cawing, like a raven, and something similar to wood creaking.

IthilanorStPete
2009-07-23, 12:10 PM
"Somehow, I doubt that's just a raven...let's be prepared for whatever could be on the other side of that door. Keltong, you lead the way - Bree and I will follow you. Everyone else, back us up."

Darius
2009-07-24, 12:24 AM
Bree Yark, half-orc

Nodding, Bree sheaths his two-handed sword across his back and pulls out his morning star and shield and readies himself.

HereticNox
2009-07-24, 07:46 AM
Readying his bow, Rilan quietly he says, "I'm ready."

Febreezium
2009-07-24, 09:10 AM
Keltong steps forward warily, looking around him for the upcoming threat.

didub
2009-07-24, 09:42 AM
I don't know when I'll be able to post again, I'm getting ready for/going on vacation. I definitely won't post between Monday and Saturday, but I may possibly post before Monday. I'll PM you all when I'm back.

Darius
2009-07-24, 10:35 AM
That reminds me, I will be gone from Sunday-Thursday on a camping trip. Please NPC my character if need be.

seventhearl
2009-07-26, 04:18 PM
If everyone else is annoncing holidays I probally should too.
I'm going to the coast from Monday to Friday with no access to computers

Darius
2009-08-04, 12:54 AM
ooc:

Just checking in to give this thread a bump.

didub
2009-08-14, 02:57 PM
This cavern is quite large, about 150ft diameter, and a tall ceiling about 100ft up. Holes in the roof of the cavern allowing sunlight to shine down and the dirt floor here have created a strange effect. A few tall, scragly trees reach up towards the holes. Some strange kind of monkey lives in the tops of the trees and in the roots hanging down from the ceiling, and a family of baboons appear to occupy the lower, stronger branches. Seeing you, the large baboons shriek fiercely and swing through the trees toward you. There are five of them, and one of them is larger than the rest.

HereticNox
2009-08-14, 03:08 PM
"Stupid monkeys, can't you just be quiet." Drawing his bow string, Rilan lets loose a bolt toward the screaming baboon's.

Init.[roll0] If needed
Attack with Longbow, when they are within thirty 30ft. [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

IthilanorStPete
2009-08-14, 05:01 PM
Init: [roll0]

Duares moves in front of the party and casts shield of faith on himself.

Bakkan
2009-08-14, 05:12 PM
Wend

[roll0]

Full Round: Begin Casting Summon Nature's Ally I

Darius
2009-08-14, 10:19 PM
Bree Yark

[roll0]

If he can beat the monkey's Bree will hold his position, draw a javelin, and toss one at the approaching monkey then ready his two-hander.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Stat Bar

AC 15 (t11, f14)
HP 12
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5

two-handed sword +6 attack (2d6+7 damage)

seventhearl
2009-08-15, 05:21 AM
Bob the Bard

Initiative [roll0]

Bob continues to sing
"La la la la la la
la la la la la la al al a la
la lalalal al a lla la"

go bard song

Febreezium
2009-08-17, 03:52 PM
[roll0]

Keltong launches himself at the nearest gibbon.

[roll1]
[roll2]

didub
2009-08-17, 09:46 PM
Duares steps forward quickly, putting himself between the wild baboons and the rest of the party, and quickly asks the powers that be to protect him. Two of the baboons are wildly running along the ground at the intruders, and two other moves through the trees as far as possible and then approach more measuredly. The two charging baboons tear into Duares almost simultaneously, but his shield and divine will protects him from one while he shoves the one viciously biting his well-armored shoulder. The largest baboon stands back and roars ferociously, and the other two move in. Wend opens his arms wide in the gesture that begins all summoning magic, and pours energy into opening a channel to pull through the creature he desires. Keltong nimbly moves forward, arcing his gleaming sword through the air and at one of the baboon moving toward Duares, not wanting to push the human's luck. Unfortunately his blow goes wide, and the baboon rushes into an opening and bites Keltong's arm. It's mate comes at Duares from the other way, but still cannot get through his defences. Rilan notches his bow subconciously feeling for the feathered arrow he knows will fly the best just by feel. After a moments concentration he lets his arrow fly at the large baboon's chest, and it solidly sticks deep. The large baboon stumbles back and cuts of his roar, looks down, pulls at the arrow and flinches, and then bears his teeth at Rilan.
As soon as he steps forward, though Bree Yark's well timed javelin brings him down. And with that Bob has come of with an appropriate tune for this dance, his tenor voice filling the room and somewhat drowning out the monkey's chattering.
5 damage for Keltong. I can't believe that ended up being so long... Let me know if you'd like me to be more concise ;)

Bakkan
2009-08-18, 02:12 AM
Wend

Finishing his casting , Wend calls forth a Wolf from a far-off place to attack his enemies. As he moves toward the baboons attacking his companions, he also commands Canist to attack.

Wend:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Canist:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Wolf:
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

For my part, I love your descriptions. Keep up the good work.

IthilanorStPete
2009-08-18, 08:31 AM
STABBITY DEATH! (Attack one of the ones next to me.)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Confirming critical: [roll2]
Critical damage (add to dmg above): [roll3]

Darius
2009-08-18, 12:58 PM
Bree Yark

Moving in with his two-handed blade, Bree chops at a monkey.

[roll0]
[roll1]

edit: I don't even think a crit confirmation roll is needed to bring it down, but will do so if it is.

Stat Bar

Init 4
AC 15 (t11, f14)
HP 12
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5

two-handed sword +7 attack (2d6+8 damage) with bard song

HereticNox
2009-08-28, 10:46 AM
Rilan bares his teeth right back at the damn dirty ape.
"Let me give you another present, fast delivery is standard."
Pulling another arrow out of his quiver, Rilan lets loose another arrow.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

didub
2009-09-05, 11:16 AM
Duares runs his spear through the ape to his left, as Wend and his dogs rush toward the one on his right. The summoned wolf bites the apes ankle and yanks hard, tripping it to bring it's neck within reach of Canist's teeth, killing the beast before Wend even raises his sword. Bree Yark runs up to the stumbling head baboon and finishes it, making sure to remove part's he's sure it can't live without.

Febreezium
2009-09-05, 02:33 PM
Sorry guys, I thought this game had died! Glad it hasn't...

Keltong, bleeding slightly from the blows he took, charges an ape with bestial fury.

[roll0]
[roll1]

didub
2009-09-11, 09:26 AM
Ahem.... combat is over....

A few of the screaming monkeys throw small branches down on you as you walk through the room. There doesn't appear to be an exit, but after looking around the room Rilan finds a trapdoor under some bushes. Clearing the bushes aside, you climb down the latter inside. When everyone is down the rotting latter, you look around the room. It appears to be some sort of old study, made mostly of stone with a few old wooden pieces of furniture. A voice who's talking balloon would most definitely be red a black drifts out of the shadows, slightly grating. "Who dares disturb me in my unholy and completely one-dimensionally-evil studies? You are lucky I feel merciful, or I would bend my considerable will to defeating you personally! Feel Gadbuy's wrath! ATTACK, MINIONS OF EEEEEEEVIIIILLL!!!" :furious: After the monologues speech, a small demented rat, a zombie, a tiny snake, and a badger come at you, while Gadbuy flees through the door at the other side of the room.

If no one opposes, I will dispense with the room-to-room roleplaying.

HereticNox
2009-09-11, 09:51 AM
Watching as the wizard, or whatever, dashes out of the room. Rillan's lowers his bow, and debates on whether to follow him. His attention is soon drawn to the center of the room, as a badger catches his attention. "Badger, I'll have your milk with my rations tonight."Lifting his bow, he fires off a shot at the badger.

Init. [roll0]

Move:within longbow range of badger
Attack: the badger, [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

IthilanorStPete
2009-09-11, 11:11 AM
"BADGER BADGER BADGER!"

Init: [roll0]

Duares moves in front of the party and turns undead.
Turning check: [roll1]
Turning dmg: [roll2]

EDIT: Ok, I turn any undead creature with 1 HD, up to a maximum of 4.

Febreezium
2009-09-11, 02:29 PM
I don't know, I kind of like the spurious links!

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

"It's a snake! It's a snake! Oh, it's a snake!"

didub
2009-09-30, 05:59 PM
Meh, lets avoid the death throes of a stinking, rotting thread and just throw this one in the incinerator. At least we won't waste our time. Like pulling off a band-aid. Sorry it didn't work out ;)