PDA

View Full Version : A question about Augment Crystals

Asheram
2009-07-20, 12:40 PM
Does augment crystals work on ranged weaponry?
Since it just says "weapons", but then again never mentions any application on ranged weaponry in the examples... well, just want to sort this out.

Xan_Kriegor
2009-07-20, 01:00 PM
I would say that yes, augment crystals do work in ranged weapons as there is no mention of them not working in ranged weapons.

Epinephrine
2009-07-20, 02:54 PM
I've got a follow-up question; can you put both a weapon crystal and an armour crystal (provided it works on shields) into a shield (provided you wish to bash with said shield, and had enchanted it sufficiently to use the augment crystal in question, say as a +3 shield and as a +3 weapon)?

Curmudgeon
2009-07-20, 03:09 PM
Sure, you can put a weapon augment crystal on a ranged weapon. But you have to actually hit the opponent with that weapon. So you can put a weapon augment crystal on a throwing dagger and benefit from it. But if you put it on a bow, you would need to bash someone with the bow itself; the arrows receive no benefit.

Remember, there's no general rule whereby weapon enhancements are transferred from projectile weapons to ammunition; only a bunch of specific cases where there's a line like the following:
Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the fire energy upon their ammunition. No weapon augment crystal has such a line.

Frosty
2009-07-20, 03:10 PM
I've got a follow-up question; can you put both a weapon crystal and an armour crystal (provided it works on shields) into a shield (provided you wish to bash with said shield, and had enchanted it sufficiently to use the augment crystal in question, say as a +3 shield and as a +3 weapon)?

I don't see why not. You've paid the costs for it after all.