PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter nights 1 help

Inhuman Bot
2009-07-20, 01:35 PM
I had decided to reinstall Neverwinter nights 1 again recently, but after installing it, and trying to play it, I got a "Neverwinter nights is blocked by compatability issues" message.

I'm using Vista, and I've tried running it in compatability mode.

The part that confuses me is that I was able to play NWN last time I had it installed just fine on this computer.

So, I turn to GitP. Does anyone know if I'm missing something obvious, or if this is a known issue?
What I'd like to be, I'm horribly computer illiterate.

Optimystik
2009-07-20, 01:56 PM
Try the official forum (http://nwn.bioware.com/), someone may have found a workaround. Unfortunately, the game is not officially supported for Vista, so don't expect a patch or anything...

Rustic Dude
2009-07-20, 02:04 PM
Works fine in my (blegh) Vista.

Did you update till 1.69?

FlyMyMonkeysFly
2009-07-20, 10:19 PM
When I first loaded NWN Diamond onto my Vista I had that problem but I found a way around it. I right-click on the NWN icon and select "run as administrator." Then the little box pops up telling you that NWN is trying to run on your computer and I click on "allow." After that, the game runs almost fine. The only problem is that I can't click-and-skip any of the opening logos or the opening cinematic, or else the game crashes. The in-game cinematics I can skip just fine, it's only the first one.

Hope this helps!

2009-07-20, 10:30 PM
i had some anti-vista issues with civ4, try running the installer* in compatability mode

*go into computer, right click on the drive, click explore, and look for the installer not the autorun

Flickerdart
2009-07-20, 11:06 PM
Right-click on the desktop shortcut, go to Properties, then Compatibility and set it to run as Windows XP.

Tharivol123
2009-07-20, 11:10 PM
Had the same problem using Vista. Easy fix, change the shortcut target location to C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\nwmain.exe Let's you click through everything, but it only brings you to the game itself, not all the other options available in the Diamond Edition. I've done the same thing with several of my favorite on-line servers to start the game and login into them directly.