PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 PrC] Progeny of Asmodeus; Scions of Darkness and Ruin

Xefas
2009-07-20, 02:05 PM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/104115.jpg

Scion of Darkness and Ruin

Children of Asmodeus, the first and most glorious champion of light, the first and darkest fallen champion of corruption and tyranny, Archduke of the Ninth Hell, are better than those around them in every way. At everything they do, they succeed, and time is the only factor they must traverse before becoming as perfect as their sire. With time, all truths are revealed, and infinite potential and ability is the truth of a Scion of Darkness and Ruin. No obstacle is too great, no plan too ingenious, no man or beast too powerful to be overcome.

As such gifted beings learn that they may do anything they please, even the most pure is corrupted. Sating every impulse without consequence- lust, anger, greed -they naturally descend into debauchery and immorality, becoming forces of great evil in the world without any special provocation.

Still, if one could swallow their own superiority, and cast off pride and arrogance, they may make an exception and rebel against their heritage. Fortunately, stories are always centered around exceptional individuals.

Requirements:
Feats Font of Inspiration (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606), and one of Evil Devotion, Law Devotion, or Knowledge Devotion
Skills Any three knowledge skills: 8 ranks
Invocations Must be able to cast the invocations: Devil's Sight and one of Otherworldly Whispers, Beguiling Influence, or Darkness
Special Must have the Brains Over Brawn class feature

Hit Die d8
Skill Points 6 + intelligence modifier
Class Skills All. Scions of Darkness and Ruin are conduits for ancient and all-knowing infernal powers. They treat all skills as class skills.

Scion of Darkness and Ruin
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Ready for Anything
2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Always Prepared
3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Just as Planned
4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Arcane Knack
5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Ready for Anything II
6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Always Prepared II
7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Damnation
8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Legendary Exploits
9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Damnation II
10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|Always Prepared III
[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Scion of Darkness and Ruin does not gain proficiency with any weapons or armor.

Dilettante and Invoking Progression: At each level, a Scion of Darkness and Ruin gains additional Eldritch Blast damage and invocations as if they had also gained a level in Warlock, and additional Inspiration Points, uses of Arcane Dilettante, and highest level spells usable by Arcane Dilettante as if they had also gained a level in Factotum.

Ready for Anything A Scion of Darkness and Ruin learns how to switch up his plans at the last possible moment to account for the constantly changing flow of combat. When the Scion readies an action, he states the conditions under which he will perform his readied action as normal, but may choose two different actions to ready. When the condition is met, he chooses which of those two actions to perform.

At 5th level, when the Scion readies two actions using Ready for Anything, he may also choose two different conditions to ready for. Either condition can activate either prepared action.

Always Prepared At 2nd level, a Scion has such an understanding of their arcane talents that they need only will the proper tool into being. They do not prepare spells at the beginning of the day, but rather when they spend their inspiration point to cast a spell as a spell-like ability, they choose an appropriate spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

At 6th level, a Scion may choose spells from the Cleric spell list as well.

At 10th level, a Scion may choose spells from any spell list.

Just As Planned A Scion planned for you to do that. Did you just outsmart him? He planned for that too. He told me you would say that. What? You Won? Of course you won. He wanted you to win. So you would lose. See? You just lost. How does that feel? Not so good, I imagine.

A 3rd level Scion may, after resting for 8 hours and regaining spells, designate a number of conditions equal to the number of spells he may cast with Arcane Dilettante. If, before he rests and regains spells again, or 24 hours passes, one of those conditions is met, he may activate his Arcane Dilettante as an immediate action. Once a particular condition is met, it cannot activate another instance of Arcane Dilettante until he rests and re-designates conditions, though other conditions can be met and activated.

(Example: Xefas, a Warlock 2/Factotum 3/Scion of Darkness and Ruin 5 starts out the day with 3 spell slots, so he makes the conditions "If I'm attacked", "If I'm falling", and "If a spell is being cast at me". As he's walking through today's dungeon, he's attacked by a pack of Cloud Giant Skeletons. One charges him, which sets off his "If I'm attacked" condition, so he casts Halt Undead as an immediate action, freezing the skeletons in place.

Unfortunately, the necromancer who created them bursts into the room a round later, and throws a nasty Enervation spell at Xefas, which activates his "If a spell is being cast at me" condition, so he chooses to cast Dispel Magic to counterspell the Enervation.

The necromancer's familiar slaps one of the Storm Giant Skeletons to violate the conditions of Halt Undead and set it free, where it goes about attacking Xefas with gusto. His condition "If I'm attacked" has already been used for the day, so he cannot use it again.

He decides to jump down the convenient and suitably dramatic chasm behind him to avoid facing further combat, which activates his final condition and allows him to use Feather Fall to catch himself.)

Arcane Knack A 4th level Scion has worked out the knack of spellcasting, as he will eventually do for all things. He is no longer restricted to casting only one spell of his highest level with his Arcane Dilettante ability. He may cast a spell of any spell level he has access to.

Damnation A 7th level Scion has awakened their infernal blood to the point that they've been personally claimed by Asmodeus himself. When they suffer their final death, they will bypass the messy business of the Scourging, becoming a Lemure, and working their way up the devil ranks. Instead, they will become a unique devil home to Nessus, with all memories and abilities intact.

To represent this, an avatar of Asmodeus usually appears to the Scion and gives them a brand upon their soul. The Scion gains Brand of the Nine Hells as a bonus feat, with Asmodeus as his patron, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.

At 9th level, the Scion's Mark becomes more powerful as Asmodeus' hold on the Scion grows. They gain Mark of Nessus as a bonus feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.

Legendary Exploits An 8th level Scion can do seemingly anything. Stories abound of them accomplishing one impossible task after another, putting all others to shame. As a move action, a Scion can expend 2 Inspiration Points to gain one feat of their choice for one hour. The Inspiration Points spent are not regained until the hour is up and the feat disappears.

Gorgondantess
2009-07-20, 02:24 PM
Wow... that is really, really cool. Kudos.:smallcool:

Kellus
2009-07-20, 05:17 PM
This is incredible, and I also love the other two devil-warlock PrCs you made. This one in particular, though, is brilliant for using the factotum. :smallsmile:

Please tell me you're making one for the other six archdevils as well.

Xefas
2009-07-20, 05:35 PM
Wow... that is really, really cool. Kudos.:smallcool:

:smallsmile: Thanks

This is incredible, and I also love the other two devil-warlock PrCs you made. This one in particular, though, is brilliant for using the factotum. :smallsmile:

Please tell me you're making one for the other six archdevils as well.

I'm considering it, yeah. I've already laid down the groundwork for the Atrocities of War, a Warlock/White Raven Bel-themed class.