Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Two pieces of magical armor or weaponry touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Moshir's Magical Transposition allows the transposition of magical enhancement bonuses and effects from one weapon/armor to another. The recieving item must still fulfill all the requirements of the effects transferred to it. You cannot use this spell to transfer the magic effects of a magic weapon to a piece of armor, or the other way around.
The recieveing item must be at least of masterwork quality.

This spell cannot be used to switch the personality or enhancements of intelligent items, artifacts, relics, or legacy items.

Arcane Material Component
An amount of rubies worth at least 1200 gp.

Thoughts? If anyone's up for it I could do well with a revising of the wording from someone more talented than myself :smallwink:

Strawman
2009-07-20, 11:54 PM
It certainly solves the problem of long swords having all the best magic effects. For that reason alone the spell may be placed among magic arrow and fly.

DracoDei
2009-07-21, 07:16 AM
Possibly reasonable... but I might make it a side use of the Craft Magical Arms and Armor feat instead of a spell, and have it take a few days to a week or something, and a very very minimal GP and XP cost.

Similarly, Removing the "Unholy" part from that +5 Unholy Vorpal Greatsword might be something worth creating rules for. For anyone familiar with Dominic Deagan: Oracle for Hire, this would be the first step of what Ma Deagan did with a certain gauntlet.

vanyell
2009-07-21, 09:50 AM
I can see some potential abuse in this.

shopping list

+1 brilliant energy sword
+1 flaming sword
+1 speed sword
+1 frost sword

and this spell put's em all together, cutting down costs in a big way.

I may be misreading or misunderstanding though

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-21, 10:39 AM
I may be misreading or misunderstanding though

Well, I'd interpret the "fulfill all requirements" line to include the +10 max enchantment, so you'd end up with a +1 weapon in your example and not a +4, but I think you're reading it right.

Perhaps the material component cost should be adjusted to the following: If you're transferring weapon quality X from weapon A to weapon B, the cost is the difference between B's price before and after the transfer minus half the difference between A's price before and after. Essentially, it's the same price you'd spend to sell weapon A and enchant weapon B with the qualities you want, but the spell lets you do it in an hour by yourself instead of finding a merchant, enchanting the new weapon over a few days, etc. I'd say the convenience there is worth a spell.

Darwin
2009-07-21, 11:38 AM
The original idea of the spell was to have it "switch" the effects of two items.

Example: Say you have a +2 Flaming Greatsword, and a +1 Frost Hand, using the spell on the two items would switch the effects around, so you'd end up with a +2 Flaming Handaxe, and a +1 Frost Greatsword.

I do however rather like the idea of gathering effects from low level magic items and turn them into one big magic item. But I'd keep it as a seperate spell with the material cost arranged as PairO'Dice suggested.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-21, 01:03 PM
The original idea of the spell was to have it "switch" the effects of two items.

Ah. That's quite different, and not stated in the spell at all. The spell as written lets you move effects from weapon A to weapon B, not effects from weapon A to weapon B and from weapon B to weapon A. You might want to clarify the wording; having the name include "transposition" isn't enough to signify that you want them to swap enchantments.

Darwin
2009-07-21, 02:08 PM
Ah. That's quite different, and not stated in the spell at all. The spell as written lets you move effects from weapon A to weapon B, not effects from weapon A to weapon B and from weapon B to weapon A. You might want to clarify the wording; having the name include "transposition" isn't enough to signify that you want them to swap enchantments.

Right you are, as a mild excuse I worded it at 5am where I probaly should have spent my time sleeping, I'll make a revision to get the intentions clear later today.