PDA

View Full Version : Friend's Day

Needle
2009-07-20, 10:36 PM
Well... it's almost 21, but I just got free from some games and the like.

What's so important about 20? Well...

Here, 20th July means it's the Friends Day. Yes. The day to be with your closest friends and do whatever you enjoy the most, and of course, to say Happy Day to your circle.

So there, maybe this day is only celebrated here, but that doesn't stop anyone to use the, maybe, only thing that's good in this hole :smalltongue:

So yeah, Happy Friends Day, maybe I'm not that "posty" here, but I enjoy the place, and I'd like to share it :smallsmile:

Agamid
2009-07-20, 10:45 PM
that's cool. it's already the 21st here, but belated Happy Friends' Day!

(my birthday coincides with International Women's Day)

FdL
2009-07-20, 11:41 PM
Yeah, it was Friend's Day here too. It's okay I guess, but I don't like these kind of celebrations, they feel so artificial to me in practice.

If you love your friends and want to go out with them (it's what people do here for this date), just do it when you want to, there shouldn't be a special date for that. Also, calling people on this day who you don't see all year it's plain hypocrisy to me.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-21, 01:17 AM
July 20th is special to me for other reasons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11).

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-21, 03:51 AM
Huh, friends?

You mean like, in real life?

Well the closest people IRL I have to me and non-family that one would call friends are in Israel without internet-connection.

Well happy friend's day...

>.<

Needle
2009-07-21, 05:51 AM
Yeah, it was Friend's Day here too. It's okay I guess, but I don't like these kind of celebrations, they feel so artificial to me in practice.

If you love your friends and want to go out with them (it's what people do here for this date), just do it when you want to, there shouldn't be a special date for that. Also, calling people on this day who you don't see all year it's plain hypocrisy to me.

I'm from your same country lol, not even in Chile or Uruguay they seem to know it... or people from there just say "what?" every year lol

Anyways, it's strange I feel the same thing about every holiday except this one... idk, every 20th July I remember, I have loads of good memories, and it has no **** like Christmas, Children Day, Student Day and etc. :smallyuk: specially, since, we're all separated now, everyone studying in different cities, and just some bunch of us working here... the only week everyone is here, is this one :smallredface:

and yes, irl friends and the sort, but that doesn't mean you can't share it with people you chat often in the webz XP

GrandMasterMe
2009-07-21, 10:24 AM
I don't understand this friend concept.. is it somthing you eat? Because if it is I've had this new spice I've been dieing to test...

Crispy Dave
2009-07-21, 05:04 PM
Now if only I had some friends

MethosH
2009-07-21, 06:00 PM
Yeah! It was friends day over here as well... I just like an excuse to "celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing" :smallbiggrin:

Decoy Lockbox
2009-07-22, 04:39 PM
I'll have to settle for a belated series of friends days: D&D on friday night (with group A), D&D on saturday (with group B), and Riddle of Steel character creation on sunday (with group C).

But in all honesty, I had never heard of friends day before. In what countries is it practiced?

The only holiday I could think of that took place on the 20th of anything was...you know :smallcool: