PDA

View Full Version : 17 Crescent Lily Street (Metropolis)

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 09:13 AM
Crescent Lily Street is a small, cobbled street, seemingly a small remnant of the old, old Old Town that formed the early beginnings of the town that became the city that became Metropolis. The haze of the city lingers deeper here, and the bright lights of the street-lamps vaguely cutting through the smog give the small street an even more claustrophobic feel. Most of the windows are curtained, and the heavy doors look rather secure.

Number 17 is rather similar to many other houses on the road; larger than the average house in the big'n'bad cityscape, but seemingly very old fashioned in its architecture, right down from the heavy, old stone that makes up the exterior, to the ungainly drains that scale the sides occasionally. Its windows are masked by heavy dark purple, or green, curtains, and empty bottles lie by the heavy, dark blue door, ready for collection, complimenting with their shininess the golden knocker, and multitude of locks on the door itself, and, only just visible, on nearby windows, too. Bins can be quietly seen to one side, and a formidable cast iron gate to one side of the house, close to the bins, would presumably lead to a garden, perhaps.

Within, there's a deep green carpeted hallway, that, on one side, leads up a flight of stairs, once you've past the hat-racks and coat-hooks, which, on the floor, are greeted by piles of stacked shoes, or, alternatively, the corridor carries on, into a large, open-plan area. Mixing a vairety of rooms together, there is a fairly expensive looking kitchen area, a large dining table, surrounded by finely-made chairs, and a sweet little sitting area, made up of sofas and comfortable chairs, neatly arranged around an antique fireplace, a coffee table, and a small television and radio set. Windows look out on the street, when not curtained black, or onto the long, unruly garden.
Upstairs, there're a variety of bedrooms, and several small, old-fashioned bathrooms. Cupboards are filled with huge amounts of clothes in all different shapes, sizes, and styles. However, two doors are locked. I wonder why?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:17 AM
Daisy, getting the other player's PM, pauses at seeing the fine interior of the house. "I, um...you know what? I'll just come back later, after I've cleaned up. Thanks."

Daisy waves in a friendly way, tucks her hands into her pockets, and heads off down the street.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 02:10 PM
A short while later, Isserley unlatches the door, once more, and looks out, looking worried.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:26 PM
Daisy comes hurrying down the street, looking much better, cleaner than she did this morning. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail which is still dripping water occasionally behind her, and her complexion is less pale. Not to mention her clothes are clean and she's not covered in blood anymore. She knocks at the door. "Hello? It's Rose!" Before anyone comes, she stuffs her ID card into her bra so that she can claim she doesn't have it if asked. Don't tell them too much until I know who they are and what they're about.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 02:27 PM
Hi? Isserley says. It's, um, Isserley? We met earlier. The door's swiftly opened, for "Rose".

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:32 PM
Daisy smiles and nods as she enters. "I remember. Did, um...those people get back?" She blushes, still feeling less-than-adequate next to the flawless girl. "I had to shower and stuff."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 02:33 PM
Sorry. They're, um, er, still out? But, you can come in, if you want? I put some mineral water in the fridge, for you, you, um, said you liked it cold, yes? Isserley says, nervously, treading from foot to foot, smiling, slightly, revealing immaculate teeth.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:36 PM
Daisy nods. "Yes, thank you." She smiles at the girl, trying to calm her. "Is there somewhere we can sit? I'd like to learn more about this place."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 02:38 PM
Sure, um. Isserley semi-shrugs, and gestures for the other woman to come in, nodding to the piles of shoes just inside. She then heads inside, and into the open-plan area.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:52 PM
Daisy hesitates a moment, wondering if she should remove her shoes, then follows. She finds an available chair and sits, smiling at Isserley. "You don't have to be so nervous. I don't bite." She hopes to soothe the girl without using her ability. "So what is this place? What is Masque? The pamphlet didn't say much."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 02:54 PM
It's, um, Mary and Stephen's thing. They, um, help people. Isserley, getting Daisy a glass of very cold water. Like me. Did you get the pamphlet? I helped make them.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 02:57 PM
Daisy nods. She reaches for the pamphlet, then realizes she must have left it at home. "Helped you? Helped you...how?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 02:59 PM
They helped me get away from.. people, and gave me a home, and.. well. Other things, too. But Mary and Stephen can probably explain that, um, better than I, um, can. I wonder where they are. Isserley stutters. Why are you here? You're so pretty, why would you be, um.. She grabs the nearest pamphlet, .. sick of, um, yourself?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 03:15 PM
Daisy smiles, pleasantly surprised. "I'm not all that pretty, Isserley. And happiness has more to do with how you look, doesn't it? Can't you be sick of who you are?" Something in her brain tickles, telling her maybe she had the wrong idea about this. This might be better for Clarice than me. Better check it out, though.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 03:17 PM
Oh. Yeah. Yeah. Stephen keeps telling me that, but Mary's mo.. Yeah, you're right. She smiles, and seems about to say something else - but someone, or more than just one person can be heard opening the front door, talking.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 03:18 PM
Daisy turns her head towards the sounds, smiling pleasantly.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 03:25 PM
Two people enter the open-plan area. One, a tall, dark, handsome man, perhaps in his early forties, sporting close-cut black hair, intense black eyes, and high cheek bones. Once again, impossibly good-looking, similar to Isserley, in that way. He's dressed in a tuxedo, and is, as he walks, in the process of taking off a large, expensive looking grey overcoat. With him is the other "entree", a woman, slightly older than the man, perhaps, if not much older, and simply very well-kept. She has long black hair, tied in an elaborate bun, with little braids hanging off it, and has a heavily made-up, somewhat average face. The only things that stands as beautiful as the other two residents in the house are her piercing, bright green eyes, and the heavy golden jewellery she wears. In addition to said pieces, she's also wearing a long, sea-green evening dress, and a small purple shroud over it. Surprised, they look at Daisy, but smile.
Hello. The man says, his voice tinged with surprise. Unlike Isserley, his accent's typical for this area of Metropolis, with a slight tinge of native Texan to it.
Who might you be? The woman asks, smiling.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 03:34 PM
Daisy smiles, feeling somewhat better to have ONE other normally-attractive person around. "I'm Rose. I got one of your pamphlets and I wanted to see what you could do for me." She stands and offers a hand to the pair, perfectly polite.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 03:38 PM
I'm Mary, it's lovely to see that those pamphlets did something - I was beginning to give up hope. The woman laughs, smiling, as she takes Daisy's hand, and shakes it, firmly. Behind her, the man nods to "Rose" in greeting, before walking over to the fridge, getting himself an apple. Isserley's sitting, still.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 03:45 PM
Daisy smiles and takes a seat, hoping it isn't rude. "So what is Masque? What do you do here? I mean, Isserley told me a little bit about how you helped her. Is there, like, a fee? Or..." Daisy shrugs, not sure what she needs to ask, hoping the point gets across.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 03:49 PM
Really? Isserley spoke to a stranger? Mary says, looking almost amused.
You must have made quite an impression. The man says, before taking a bite of his apple, causing Isserley to beautifully blush.
Mm. Yes. Well. Masque is run by Stephen and I. We help troubled people. We hide them from people they're hiding from, give them new homes, send them on new ways... Make sure that they get happier, newer starts... Why? Are you interested? Want to escape from your life? Or is someone after you?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 03:52 PM
"An escape would be nice." Daisy sighs, thinking of all the people she cared for and hurt so selfishly. "I...someone WAS chasing me, but they are gone now. And things are just so...complicated." She sighs and looks up, her eyes full of sorrow. "I...I hurt some people that I cared about. Not physically, of course. And I don't think they can forgive me. And that being the case, I just couldn't go back to that life." Some part of her wonders why she is telling these perfectly strange...strangers so much, but she chalks it up to hormones.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 03:54 PM
Well. Mary says, smiling. Perhaps we can help you, then. Before I tell you more, though, I'm going to have to ask you to allow Stephen to make sure you're not working with any authority.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 03:56 PM
"Of course." Daisy nods, then remembers what happened the last time she was questioned unprepared. "Just what exactly does this entail?" She doesn't specify whether she means the questions or the process.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 03:58 PM
Among my abilities, I can perform a localised scan of the thoughts. Rather than going through everything in your head, I will merely be identifying thoughts about the police and social services, and vaguely understand them. Stephen says, taking another chomp of his apple.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:00 PM
Daisy nods grimly. He'll get nothing but disdain, distrust, and dislike for the police, etc, etc. "By all means."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:03 PM
Stephen merely closes his eyes, and, after a second or two, opens them, having received just what Dirky said. She's fine.
Great. Mary says. Well, Rose. Say you have your standard runaway. Maybe a thief, scared, chased after by the police, for her crimes, and her drug-dealers, and her parents, even. That's where we come in. She hasn't done anything wrong. Masque can make her into a whole new person, and, hopefully, let her make a fresh start.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:13 PM
Daisy crosses her legs and leans forward, listening intently. "Please - go on."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:16 PM
The powers of Stephen and I.. make that happen. Mary says.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:18 PM
Daisy raises an eyebrow. "What can you do? A memory wipe or something?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:19 PM
That's part of my job. Stephen says.
Yes. I can modify bodies.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:23 PM
Daisy blinks in surprise. "Wow, so you actually physically and mentally change them? Start over?" It was the one thing she had most dreamed of when coming to Metropolis. Now, though, she had her doubts. "And what do you ask for in return?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:26 PM
It really depends on the case. Stephen says, drily, seemingly somewhat insulted that Daisy's jumped to suspicion. Or perhaps he's suspicious that other people are.
Yes, we.. have to look at the context. Can I get you anything, by the way? Something to eat? Will you stay for dinner?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:32 PM
Daisy nods slowly, smiling. "Dinner would be lovely. I apologize if I offended you. It's just that...nothing is free, right? People generally always ask for something, and I'd rather get it out of the way up front than have it complicate things later."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:35 PM
Well, we'd have to talk about what you have to offer us. I mean, if your situation is completely dire, as.. some of our clients' situations have been, then the best plan is just for you to give us everything you can, and then we can begin the procedure as soon as possible. And then, in your new life, perhaps you can help us. Isserley's staying on with us, as a housekeeper, for a while, and an old friend, Len, is using his new life's.. advantages to help our finances a bit. See? But, if you have things, like money, or property, to offer us, then that's good, too. Mary says.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:39 PM
Daisy nods. "I see." Her brow furrows. "Do I have to decide right away? Like, can I think about it?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:41 PM
Of course, sweetie. Mary says, smiling. It'd hardly be fair to force you now, wouldn't it? But, I plead, don't tell anyone, especially not the authorities.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:45 PM
"Of course not." Daisy smiles graciously. "I...you know, maybe I should go. Think things over and all that."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 04:47 PM
All right. Please, remember not to tell anyone. They'll collectively wave her goodbye when she leaves.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 04:58 PM
Daisy waves and heads off, hands tucked into her pockets. Once out of sight, she breaks into a trot, calling for the one who might be able to make her mind up for her.

"SPIKE!"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:00 PM
But there is silence. This isn't a storybook, it seems, the handsome prince isn't just behind the door to the fairy's land..

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:11 PM
Damien looks at the pamphlet, then up at the address. "I think this is it, Saff..."

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:12 PM
Alright.
She knocks upon the door.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:17 PM
Who is it? What do you want? A voice asks, from within. It has a fine, received pronunciation accent. It's late..

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:18 PM
Damien speaks. "I'm sorry it's so late, but I'm looking for my girlfriend..." he starts to describe Daisy's appearance. "Is she here?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:19 PM
No, I'm sorry. She's not here. The girl's voice says.

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:20 PM
Was she here before?

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:21 PM
"But was she here? It's very important I find her..." Damien says urgently.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:22 PM
I saw her on the street, going away. The girl says.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:22 PM
"Did she say where?" Damien is near-hysterical from worry. "I need... I need to tell her I'm sorry... and that I love her."

Damien looks over the building's facade. "What is this place?"

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:24 PM
((*looks at Residence #12 thread*
*bursts out laughing at the horrible tragic awesome of it all*))
Saff sighs.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 05:24 PM
Intriguing. I'd never heard facade used to mean that, before.

I live here. Go away, I don't know where she went. It's late. The girl's voice, through truthful, is pleading.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 05:27 PM
Damien sighs. turns away.

"Let's go home, Saff... I can't help but think I've lost her forever."

Damien trudges back toward Highburn.

Beans
2009-07-21, 05:28 PM
Saff follows.