PDA

View Full Version : 10th level Pvp

Mindleshank
2009-07-21, 12:06 PM
Alright so i have a little question. At 10th level is everyone supposed to be able to kill every one in one hit. Because i played a Pvp and was killed because of this simple fact. But its okay though i still had fun i am just wondering if a Pvp should be played at such high levels.

Darwin
2009-07-21, 12:07 PM
D&D was never designed nor balanced for PvP combat.

DragonBaneDM
2009-07-21, 05:05 PM
Most true. Either in 3.5 or 4e, Dungeons and Dragons was meant to be Players versus Monsters.

Players deal too much damage and have too little hit points for the result not to be blatant within the first 3 rounds.

And Monsters have too many hit points and too little damage to make a battle even halfway interesting.

It's like playing baseball, but trying to hit the ball with another ball, or vice versa, trying to throw a bat...

Oh, but try doubling PC hitpoints. Works well.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-22, 01:15 AM
Alright so i have a little question. At 10th level is everyone supposed to be able to kill every one in one hit. Because i played a Pvp and was killed because of this simple fact. But its okay though i still had fun i am just wondering if a Pvp should be played at such high levels.
PvP is fine if it's fun and it's a risk you wanted to take. Was it a risk you wanted to take? If so, then you can build a better PvP fighter for next time. If it's not a risk you were willing to take, then you may want to ask why the PvP happened.