PDA

View Full Version : Tactics behind barriors, using magic safely

Korivan
2009-07-21, 09:30 PM
While the title suggests any type of magical (arcane in this case) attacks behind, or under the effects of defensive spells, and I appreciate any imput people have learned over the years...my specific question is this. What kinds of spells can you do behind a Prismatic Sphere? As I understand it, even the wizard who casts it can't effect things outside of it, but can move through it. My character as of now has the Invisible Spell feat, and eventually I want to use the various Prismatic Sphere/Wall and other spells invisibly, so I don't lose line-of-sight, but I'm not sure what I'm limited by. Any suggestions?

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-21, 09:33 PM
While the title suggests any type of magical (arcane in this case) attacks behind, or under the effects of defensive spells, and I appreciate any imput people have learned over the years...my specific question is this. What kinds of spells can you do behind a Prismatic Sphere? As I understand it, even the wizard who casts it can't effect things outside of it, but can move through it. My character as of now has the Invisible Spell feat, and eventually I want to use the various Prismatic Sphere/Wall and other spells invisibly, so I don't lose line-of-sight, but I'm not sure what I'm limited by. Any suggestions?

You also have to worry about line of effect which walls also block not just line of sight.

Flavorwise you might want to look at the Initiate of the Seven Fold Veil Prc. Basically it's a wizard that can bring up different walls to guard himself. Powerwise, you won't be sorry.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-21, 09:39 PM
...I seem to recall another metamagic feat that caused a spell to emenate from a different point(Cityscape, maybe). Worth looking into.

Korivan
2009-07-21, 09:49 PM
...I seem to recall another metamagic feat that caused a spell to emenate from a different point(Cityscape, maybe). Worth looking into.

THATS IT!!!!! Thanks. Also...I'm looking at that Initiate of the 7 veil thing...I like. I've always loved the prismatic stuff. Should look into that and grabbing that garb thats Prismatic like too...

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-21, 10:06 PM
"Red like a rose or red like a radish"

"Ah, ha!!! I think he is trying to tell me something!"

Meat Shield
2009-07-21, 10:23 PM
"Red like a rose or red like a radish"

"Ah, ha!!! I think he is trying to tell me something!"

+1! Thank you for reaffirming my faith in humanity by quoting one of my guilty pleasures!