View Full Version : (IC) Minions!

Limos
2009-07-21, 09:51 PM
The Citadel

The Dark Citadel of Lord Malapraxis is a monument to formless Malevolence and a general disdain for the universe. The towering construction pokes up through the twisting black miasma rising from the company mandated Lava moat. Atop the singular black tower, gripped between massive stone claws, is an enormous fiery Eye. It can't see anything of course, that would be ridiculous, but it is nonetheless very impressive.

To the east of the central tower are the Minion barracks, a gray and unassuming building filled with tiny cells containing single cots and a wardrobe. The Minion guild insists on private cells after the great crossbreeding incident of 674. They also insisted on hazard pay but after the first one was found skinned alive and nailed to the barracks all of that nonsense came to an end.

To the west of the tower is the Workshop, easily identified by it's many smoke belching chimneys and pipes leaking sludge into the lava moat (resulting in even more toxic smoke).

To the south west of the Tower are the training fields, the formal name for the expanse of hard earth between the central buildings and the outer walls, which is where you are your fellow recruits are currently standing. It is very warm and humid outside today.

Before you a massive Orc wearing chainmail armor hefts his greataxe and surveys you and your fellow employees.

"Alright new meat. Welcome to the Citadel, from now on you will all do what I say, when I say it. I am Sergeant Skullcrusher, and I am your commanding officer." He plants his axe butt in the ground and peers at you over it. "No one bothered to tell me about you lot so why don't you tell me who you are?"

Time to see who is ready to go! Sound off!

TheStagesmith
2009-07-21, 10:08 PM
The medusa known only as Bollucks staggers forward, clutching a battleaxe in his left hand and a cheap, tourist-junk-looking beer stein in his right. Its contents slosh around and over the lip of the stein as its owner tries to right himself. He finally manages to keep himself within a 5x5 foot area by using his axe to prop himself up. "O, yea? Why'n don' you tell us wha' you are?" he burps, waving the stein vaguely under the orc's face. He accidentally brushes against Skullcrusher, and all the beer goes sloshing everywhere. He looks askance at the ground for a second, then to his hand, then to the orc, and then to the ground again to make sure it's still there. "Wel', bollucks."

Falconknight06
2009-07-21, 10:13 PM
Carlen Skydart 27/27 AC: 13 Fort: 12 Ref: 12 Will: 14
Carlen stands at attention, saluting him in a not entirely serious way

"Carlen Skydart sir, a Warlock of some skill"

Limos
2009-07-21, 10:23 PM
"I just told you who I am! Common motherf***er, do you speak it?" Skullcrusher shouts into his ear at point blank range. He follows it up with a swing of his greataxe, shockingly fast, which whips the Medusa's legs out from under him.

He luckily uses the flat of his blade and intentionally does not strike with the intent to injure as the strength of the blow would easily have killed him. Even pulling his blow Bollucks is thrown to the ground.

"Alright flyboy! Pick your drunken pal up. Let this be a lesson to the rest of you, I am not some prissy Paladin and I will kill you if you piss me off."

Ulgaf uses Spinning Sweep (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6551159#post6551159) and gets a critical hit. As he was pulling the blow it only deals 14 damage and knocks you prone rather than cutting you off at the knees.

BloodyAngel
2009-07-22, 01:32 AM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus

Standing hushedly aside while the drill-master went over his rant was a pale, beleaguered human woman with a hooded cloak and narrow-frame glasses. Her hair and skin were near stark white, and her eyes a soft pink in hue. She kept herself hidden under her cloak not out of any real sense of mystery... but out of a justified intolerance of sunlight.

She seemed listless and disinterested in the proceedings until the violent outburst of her new "boss". Almost immediately she straightened up, and took on a demeanor like an eager job-applicant.

Amelia Drakkus, sir. She said in a forcedly enthusiastic tone, From the minion integration union. I was on a reserve and support position, but I've temp'ed in a lot of places. Minion supervisor. Reserve-lines and healing support. Arcane support. Front-line support... and secretarial. Sir.

Limos
2009-07-22, 08:59 AM
Ulgaf snorts and leans on to his greataxe again as though he had not just used it to assault one of his employees.

"Forget the introductions then, since Drakkus is the only one who can give me a straight answer she'll get to know you and I'll ask her later.

Anyway, we got a real simple assignment for you. Some of the cannon fodder decided to form a union and is holed up in the caverns demanding better pay. Instead you and your pals are gonna go down there and make an example of them.

You lot are minions, while they are just fodder. It shouldn't be a problem for you. Any questions?"

Faulty
2009-07-22, 10:53 AM
Mul'Rak the Slightly Scarred

Mul'Rak slams the head of his axe on the ground and gives the Captain a nod in some form of Lizardfolk salute. With a hungry glint in his eye, Mul'Rak asks, "One question Captain. What shall we do with the corpses?"

Falconknight06
2009-07-22, 11:05 AM
Carlen Skydart 27/27 AC: 13 Fort: 12 Ref: 12 Will: 14
Carlen will move to help the Medusa stand up, then turn back to Seargant and say, "It will be a pleasure to crush these idiots sir"

Carlen will do a proper salute this time

Limos
2009-07-22, 11:33 AM
Ulgaf turns to the giant reptile, "Remember, we're sending a message to the other fodder, so try to make sure you do something insulting with the bodies. And yes, that includes eating them."

"You'll want to stop by the Workshop on your way to the caves. The Doc wants to take a look at you and the entrance to the caverns is in that wing anyway. Whatever you do don't let him drug you, sure it will hurt but at least you won't wake up with anything weird grafted on to you."

TheStagesmith
2009-07-22, 11:58 AM
Bollucks: 14/28 hp - AC 15, fort 13, ref 13, will 14

Bollucks hops nimbly up, a la democratic peasant*. "Al' righ', now I'm ticked!" he states, then awkwardly turns to Carlen. He bows, letting his arms scrape the ground: "Thank ye'." He straightens up, wipes a bit of crusty drool from his mouth, and lets out a whoop, "Charge!" The next moment, he is bounding enthusiastically off in the wrong direction.

*Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Faulty
2009-07-22, 12:31 PM

Mul'Rak grins, his cruel teeth showing, at word that he may eat the corpses. When given the details of the task, and stomps the head of his axe one last time, and moves in the proper direction, milling slightly until the entire party goes underway.

Falconknight06
2009-07-22, 01:49 PM
Carlen, realizing he can show off for the female in the group, walks over to her and says slyly, Watch this as he takes off into the air and begins flying towards the medical wing

BloodyAngel
2009-07-22, 05:37 PM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus

It will be done, sir. Amy said with a bow.

Turning back to her party members, she lowered her head and sighed at her... over-eager male companions. One was rushing off the wrong way... one clearly trying to impress her... and the last eager to eat the dead. It was just like her last office birthday party.

"You there!" She yelled to the running drunkard, "You're going the wrong way! Come back here!"

Oh gods... why me? She thought to herself with a sigh, as the group of misfits grouped up. I never should have left that admin. position for the temple of Asmodeus.

Ok... um. Let's do this right, then. She said with all the awkwardness of giving a presentation to a group of skeptical people, Let's... um... let's move along as a group so none of us can get picked off... and along the way... you can all tell me... what you can do?

Falconknight06
2009-07-22, 07:52 PM
I can do many things, my fair lady Carlen says with a bow, many of which are useful on and off the battle field. Also, I can do this as Carlen says those last words, a bolt of silvery energy comes flying out of his hand and into the sky.

Faulty
2009-07-22, 08:52 PM

Mul'Rak chuckles. "I wield the power of Nature. With its help, nothing gets by my axe and I," his voice is thick with blood lust as he grins and rubs his hands along the handle of his weapon. He perches the weapon on his shoulder and speaks again, his voice suddenly far less menacing, "And you know, I consider myself a bit of an entrepaneur." He gesticulates amicable as he gives Amelia his sales pitch. "Evil has profited in a number of very lucrative markets, so to speak. You can get a lot out of the priests of evil Gods, insane arcanists mad with power and hate, warlocks bound by pacts to powerful demons, bloodthirsty tyrannical warlords leading vast armies, and all such other things. But one market that I really feel is untapped," he says, stopping and raising one clawed finger to her, denoting some important part in his plan, "is us naturalists. A lot of druids and shamans and the like get away with being fighters on the side of good," he uses the term with disgusted irony, "and the more neutral ones are just dandy babbling about balance, but the second one of us throws his lot in with evil? We're corruptors of nature! So I feel like more of us have to get into the evil business, open the market a little. Why not apply nature's laws to ethical situations? Like I always say, 'Why just kill someone when you can kill them and eat the corpse?'." He finishes with a nod, very satisfied with himself.

Kornaki
2009-07-22, 10:02 PM
Frederick Malloy (22/22) AC: 14 Fort: 11 Ref: 14 Will: 13

"Eat... eat them? Can't we just draw silly faces on their corpses with marker or something?" Frederick has a look of horror on his face that only increases after watching Bollucks get struck

"Alright, I can draw the silly face with a knife or something! That counts as corpse mutilation! What kind of stuff are we picking up at the Workshop anyway?"

Faulty
2009-07-22, 10:04 PM

"I dunno. By the time we get to them and after all the effort of killing them, I'll probably be hungry," Mul'Rak says, scratching her belly.

Jokes
2009-07-22, 11:11 PM
Silex

Silent until now, the Kalashtar sidles up to Amelia. "(Interesting group here,)" he whispers into her mind, "(going to take a lot to control them.)"

BloodyAngel
2009-07-22, 11:20 PM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus

Amy nods to the scarred lizard-woman... clearly not expecting it to be as eloquent as it was. And... female? Then again, her team apparently consisted of a drunken medusa, a winged man who was desperately trying to impress her, and a skitish elf... or was it an Eladrin? She could never tell the two apart.

"Ah... alright then. Nature then." She said awkwardly, "With... an axe. So we'll go with a front-line heavy for you. And... arcane... for you?

She'll turn to look to the winged man. "Um... alright. You're very mobile... but we're going into a cave so... that might not be as useful as it could be. Let's say... second line, reserve?

Oh god... Is he trying to flirt with me, or just impress me so I give him a good review? She thought to herself, It's my first day here, I don't need this... This is going to make working together so awkward! Why are the only ones who flirt with me the ones who have talons... or fangs... or undead things stuck on them... or that drip poison?

She shook her head and gave a resigned sigh.

"You know... let's all just... head for the area we need to be. Everyone take up the position you think suits you best, and we can correct things as we go." She said listlessly, "I'll hang back as healer and support whomever thinks they can take the front, alright?

Edit: (didn't see your post until I'd finished this, jokes!)
Amelia jumped at the sudden voice in her head... taking a second to realize whom it was coming from. With an awkward smile, she lowered her head and pushed a bit of hair from her face... embarassed at her own startled reaction.

Ah... y-yes. Should... be. She muttered.

Limos
2009-07-22, 11:36 PM
The Workshop

Entering through the cast iron gates into the large and pollutant spewing building you find yourselves in an even more unpleasant atmosphere than the one you just left.

The open forges along the back walls fill the room with stifling heat and the bubbling vats of strange fluids (which notably are left uncovered and have open catwalks with flimsy railing directly above them) leave the room smelling like rotten eggs and corpses long left out in the sun. Goblins in heavy leather masks and aprons toil on the forges and chemical mixtures.

Overseeing the hectic action from the relatively clear area in the center of the open space is Doctor Maelpraktis, the Warforged Artificer, and his small clockwork familiar. On the operating table in front of his appears to be half of a minotaur and a great deal of scrap metal.

The Doctor himself is a lanky construction, with long tapering limbs and slim fingered hands (seven slim fingers on each hand to be precise). His body is hunched at the shoulder and has two smaller limbs folded against his torso just below his normal arms. He is also wearing a large monocle which appears to have been bolted to his left eye socket. He looks up at you from the table and waves at you to come over.

"Ahh! Willkommen meine Freunde!" It's unclear if he is speaking a different language or just has a very thick accent, "Come in, come in! You must be ze new recruits. I have a proposition for you!"

Jokes
2009-07-22, 11:45 PM
Silex

Silex raises an eyebrow at the Doktor. He'd never been a fan of 'Forged. Something about their minds was not natural. He hated getting in there, even just to say hello. The clockwork ticking in there was enough to drive a telepath insane. He drops his gaze to the floor, but doesn't say anything.

BloodyAngel
2009-07-23, 02:46 AM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus

Amy near-wretches under the combined sights and smells of the lab... finding herself unable to speak for quite some time as she fights off the urge to expel her lunch. Her hand to her mouth, she closes her eyes a moment to compose herself before forcing herself to speak.

Unnnhhh.... ah... y-yes... sir. She'll mumble, Just on our way.... ugh... to the... ah... caverns.

Limos
2009-07-23, 08:22 AM
"Ja ja! I know, you are here about the rogue cannon fodder, that is what I want to talk to you about." He reaches into a large basket next to his operating table and pulls out a tangle of metal chains and shackles.

"I am in need of test subjects, and Xian disapproves of me using loyal minions. So I want you to capture a couple of them and bring them back for me. There is a nice bonus for you if you can bring me three living subjects."

Quest Objectives
- Clear out the caverns

Bonus
- Capture three enemies

--------------------------------

You can capture an enemy by making an intimidate check or a Diplomacy check on a bloodied enemy . It's a standard action to affix the manacles.

TheStagesmith
2009-07-23, 10:20 AM
indentBollucks finally figures out which way is the correct way to go, and comes stumbling in through the door to the workshop. Although there is no possible place he could have been in the intervening time that serves alcohol, he somehow has managed to fill his stein again, and takes a quaff as he completely ignores what ze doktor is saying. "Wel', this ain' no nice kip, ain' it?" he remarks, backing up until he practically falls over the table.
indent"Bloo'y hell! 'ey, wai' 'ere, you - ye wan' to do science on us, don' ye? Bollucks if'n I'm lettin' you bloo'y carve me up. ey! 'old a tick," babbles the medusa as he takes a belt of whatever (presumably alcoholic) beverage he has. He drops his tone to a conspiratorial whisper, " 'ey, see, there's these evil guys, see, but they're not evil, see, not anymore, but they're not good, neither, ye' ken? So, I figure, why don' I bring you a few o' them for your science, yeah? Bloo'y brilliant, righ'? An', see, I'll jus' take these shackles, right 'ere, wha' you don' need anymore, 'cause we're not bein' your science, right, an' we'll shackle 'em up an' bring 'em 'ere. Howzat?
indentAfter such a long-winded speech, Bollucks is winded. He takes a long draught, swallows, and then inhales. And then he sees Amy. In a drunken manner he draws himself up, puffs out his chest, and tries not to make eye contact. "Wel', 'ello poppet."

Falconknight06
2009-07-23, 11:39 AM
Three subjects, that sounds doable, right Amy? Carlen asks in all seriousness, I'm sure we can convince some of them that this would be much better than being eaten by our lizard friend. I'll carry the manacles

Faulty
2009-07-23, 12:59 PM

As Mul'Rak enters the room he inhales deeply and lets out a contented sigh. After listening to Herr Doctor's speech, he says, "Alright, as long as I get to eat one."

Limos
2009-07-23, 04:34 PM
"Wundervoll! Let me just show you the way. The rebels have taken control of the main entrance so you will be going in through a maintenance shaft into the workshop storage."

The Doctor leads you all to a large metal hatch leading down into the shadowy depths. A dim flickering light can be seen down below.

"I'm afraid this is as far as I go. Try not to get killed!"

Faulty
2009-07-23, 07:09 PM

Mul'Rak peers down the shaft for a moment. "Alright," he says to the rest of the group, "I'll lead."

Limos
2009-07-23, 11:45 PM
Descending into the dim shaft you find yourselves on a long spiral staircase. Several flights down you arrive in a small room with a single passage leading to the east. There are two torches on the wall which lights the room but does little to illuminate the corridor.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1.png

Everyone's token is labled by color and the first letter of your name. You can move freely through one another so feel free to arrange into whatever order you want.

Up staircases are all clear, down staircases have shading on the lower steps. That funky 3/4th circle is supposed to be the spiral staircase.

Ah right, and a bit of explantion. When you meet enemies they will be denoted simply as letters. Lowercase means they are especially wimpy looking. Captial letters means they are beefier. If they have two letters the first is their species and the second is their special appearance.

g = goblin
G = goblin warrior
GP = goblin priest

Like that.

Kornaki
2009-07-24, 12:42 AM
Frederick Malloy
"Ugh, all this darkness. You know, this reminds me of one time when I was contracted by a construction company. My job was to keep the port o john area clear of monsters. What do you know, not a week goes by but three earth elementals take up home in the pile of crap. I ended up wading down there and stabbing them to death with my dagger, since the little buggers were so tough to target. Apparently crap counts as earth for burrowing purposes.

Right, back to the point at hand.... Light! Likely anything we fight down here can see in this forsaken darkness anyway"

Frederick waves his hands in clearly unnecessarily complex patterns, and a ball of light appears at the end of the hallway

(22/22) AC: 14 Fort: 11 Ref: 14 Will: 13

Cast: Light on square 5 east and 1 south of me

Limos
2009-07-24, 01:04 AM
The bright light illuminates the hallway nicely and confused shouts can be heard from further to the east. Two small figures can be seen dimly lurking in the next room.

The tunnel itself branches halfway between this room in the next and continues south.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-2.png

Roll for initiative

Jokes
2009-07-24, 02:05 AM
Silex HP: 28/28 AC 13 Fort 13 Reflex 13 Will 16

"(That's disgusting...)" he sends a thought to Fred's mind.

Silex tries to reach out to the creatures' minds, but finds the distance too far. He sighs, and speaks for the first time. His voice his clear and concise, but there is a hint of a waver, as if it's the first time in a long time he as actually spoken.

"Ho there! We come representing the New Malevolocorp Fodder Union. Good news! They have acquiesced, that is to say given in, to our demands! An extra 3 silver a month for anyone dealing with hazardous materials, hazardous weapons, or hazardous privies." He awaits an answer, his eyes slowly flicking left to right.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BloodyAngel
2009-07-24, 03:25 AM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus

Oh gods... two of them now? This is like swimming with sharks. Lecherous sharks... Amy thought to herself with a resigned sigh.

Paying her companions little heed, she was all too eager to move along to the actual dungeon.

When did crawling in a cave become the best of my options? She thought, despairingly as they climbed down into the darkness.

Kornaki
2009-07-24, 01:53 PM
Frederick Malloy

Frederick hesitates for a second as he tries to figure out who was talking to him. "Yes it uh, was rather unpleasant. That wasn't the worst though. When it was down to just me versus the last earth elemental, one of the workers decided to take a crap on me! That's what this job feels like... we just jumped into a pile of dung just to get crapped on.

Hoy, goblins! C'mon out, we got a sweet deal lined up for you!" Frederick calls out as ambiguously as possible

Action: Waiting to get a sweet deal for handing in the goblins

Limos
2009-07-24, 02:28 PM
Enemies

The two goblins are not fooled by Silex's feeble bluff and resist the urge to surrender. Instead you can hear them shouting for their compatriots to come and help them.

"Oi! Ye lazy sots! Git up 'ere and 'elp us! They are not the most cultured speakers but they are effective at summoning kinfolk.

The monster initiative is 10, so far Faulty, Kornaki, and Jokes have beaten or tied that roll and thus will be acting before the goblins. Everyone else needs to roll still so I can see where you fall in the order.

Falconknight06
2009-07-24, 06:14 PM
C'mon you lot, we're only here to help Carlen will yell down the hallway.

AC 13, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 14
HP:27/27
Initiative
[roll0]
Bluff
[roll1]

Limos
2009-07-24, 09:52 PM
Enemies

Having already seen through Silex's lie they aren't very well going to fall for it again. The Goblins ignore your continued feeble subterfuge and simply call louder for assistance.

You hear responses echo from even further up the tunnel though you are unsure how many they have alerted.

Jokes
2009-07-25, 02:14 AM
[Delay until after the enemy initiative.]

Faulty
2009-07-25, 04:51 PM
Mul'Rak the Slightly Scarred (30/30) AC: 18 Fort: 15 Ref: 13 Will: 14

Mul'Rak draws his axe and shield while letting out a bestial roar at the top of his lungs. He crouches down, ready to dart down the hall and bury his axe into anyone who dares to get too close.

Minor Action: Draw axe.
Minor Action: Draw shield.
Standard Action: Ready Charge action, triggered when an enemy moves into space D9, making a basic attack against that enemy.

Attack Roll (Charge): [roll0]
Damage Roll (Large Battle Axe): [roll1]

BloodyAngel
2009-07-25, 05:17 PM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=140743)

"It was a nice try." Amy said with a soft sigh, pulling her blade, These halls make for a good choke-point. I think I've got an...

She flinches at the lizard-folk's loud roar, recoiling slightly at the unexpected noise.

"Ok... I'm glad we're... ah... eager." She said with a nervous tint to her voice. "Let's do this smart. Move in to block that side-route on the right, and we can clean up those two ahead of us easy enough while you hold off their reserves."

Amy stepped slightly down the narrow hallway, and focused her mind for a moment... sending the vision of her large, obvious lizard-folk ally hurling a throwing axe at one of the shadowy-figures... and hopefully, a wound to match.

Amy is drawing her sword (minor: Her shield was a buckler, so I'm assuming it was already strapped to her arm) moving to D-6 (Move), and assuming I can see the little things, which I think I can, she is using misdirected mark on the one to the north... making it think that Mul'rak just attacked it (and marked it).

Limos
2009-07-25, 06:07 PM
Enemies

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-3.png

The goblin gives one tinny squeak of abject terror and then falls convulsing to the ground to expire.

Northern minions dies.

Just waiting for Bollucks and Frederick.

BloodyAngel
2009-07-25, 06:48 PM
Amelia "Amy" Drakkus

"I... wow. Amy muttered as the goblin shrieked and perished. "Ah... perhaps you'd like to re-consider that surrender?

Jokes
2009-07-25, 09:42 PM
Silex

"(Hrmph, these petulant creatures are barely worth our time.)"

Total defence. Sorry for no posts, I'm currently a bit under the weather (self inflicted)

Kornaki
2009-07-26, 01:23 AM
Frederick maneuvers himself around the corner and fires a ray of frost at the surviving goblin

"Freeze, gobbos!"
Action: Firing a ray of frost at the southern goblin. I move into the hallway to shoot at him

Limos
2009-07-26, 01:50 PM
Enemies

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-4.png

The remaining Goblins feels a gentle cooling zephyr wash over him and wonders at the Wizards flamboyant launch for such a feeble strike.

Just waiting for BOLLUCKS

Limos
2009-07-27, 04:00 PM
Enemies

Bollucks is much too busy chewing on his own shoe to be bothered helping and merely stands there like a ****. Meanwhile the first enemies begin filtering down the hallway.

The second of the previously visible Goblins steps directly under the light and Mul'rak bursts into action. His axe sweeps past the slippery foe and smashes into the wall with a burst of sparks and chips of stone. Which while impressive does nothing to effectively murder his much smaller foe.

The goblin jabs his small spear at the massive reptile but it skids across his armor ineffectually. Two Kobolds come into view out of the darkness, the first crowds up behind the goblin in the tight corridor and looks for an opening. The second sets his sling spinning and lobs a small clay pot over his allies heads. It smashes into one of the walls next to Mul'rak's head and explodes in a small burst of flame which does not harm the warden. He then slips back out of the hall entry to use the walls as cover.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-5.png

Mul'rak charges but misses.
Goblin misses.
Kobold Slinger misses and uses Shifty power to get out of the line of fire.
Lots of other enemies move where you can't see them.

Falconknight06
2009-07-27, 04:13 PM
Well, when reason fails, blasts of magical energy usually succeed Carlen says as a burst of fey fire flies from his hand at the visible kobold.

Faulty
2009-07-27, 04:22 PM

Mul'Rak growls, enraged by his miss. He decides to make up for it, and calling upon the strength of the earth itself, he smashes his axe into the goblin.

Standard Action: Use Weight of Earth on the Goblin in D9.

Attack Roll (Weight of Earth): [roll0]
Damage Roll (Large Battle Axe: [roll1]

Limos
2009-07-27, 06:42 PM
Enemies

Mul'rak takes a second swipe at the goblin but his strike once again goes wide of the mark.

Carlen's faerie fire washes over the Kobold warrior leaving great burns all over his body. The Kobold falters in the face of such fury and slumps with pain.

Mul'rak misses
Carlen bloodies the Kobold

No change in the map

BloodyAngel
2009-07-27, 08:05 PM

We need to press forward! Amy shouts, pushing up her glasses with one hand, and making an arcane gesture beneath her cloak with her other, Rip the kobold apart... as long as you can pick it out from all the other piles of @#$% down here, it'll be no problem.

With a brief moment of channeling, she focused her taunt into a burning sensation in the little kobolds mind. Assuming it wasn't strong-willed enough to fight off her spell, that is.

Limos
2009-07-27, 08:15 PM
Enemies

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-6-1.png

The Kobold gives a little whimper of pain and self loathing from the combination of his wounds and your biting criticism. Though his weaknesses won't be worth much when he is still stuck behind the goblin.

Kobold takes more damage and sucks even more.
Continue.

Jokes
2009-07-27, 08:27 PM
Silex HP: 28/28 AC 13 Fort 13 Reflex 13 Will 16 Speed 6

"(Have to agree with you there.)" Silex thinks to Carlen, and then focuses on a spot at the end of the hall.

Augmenting Memory Hole with 2PP to make it an area burst 1 (area attacks ignore concealment, i believe), aiming it at D13 (i think, the last square of light). I'll just attack every square in the burst, in case something is hiding.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7] and I'm invisible to those hit until the start of my next turn.

Limos
2009-07-27, 08:40 PM
Enemies

Silex's mighty blow slays two of the sicklier opponents outright and gravely wounds the Kobold slinger despite his hiding spot.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-7.png

Goblin and Kobold minions are killed.
Kobold Slinger is bloodied.

TheStagesmith
2009-07-28, 01:30 AM
Bollucks! (iz bak und bettah den evah)
HP: 14/28, AC 15 - Reflex: 13, Fort: 13, Will: 14 - Speed: 6

indentBollucks awakes from his drunken/non-internet-connected stupor, and begins brandishing his axe in a drunken sort of way. Which is when he realizes that he's right-handed, and goes through a strange sort of dance involving trying to hold on to two things at once while simultaneously throwing them. Very quickly there is no beer left. No beer left makes for an angry medusa. "Bollucks! Righ', I'll do you for that! Ye', you, the short scaly one. Righ' then; charge!"
Of course, his charge is quickly halted by his two allies in the narrow corridor. "Bollucks!"

Declaring Oath of Enmity against the kobold guy, moving up directly behind the other two in the corridor, wielding battleaxe in the correct hand.
I should be here from now on, seeing as I have no immediate plans to attend any other weddings in the Pacific Northwest.

Limos
2009-07-28, 09:05 PM
Enemies

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-8.png

Bollucks declares his drunken hostility to the Kobold and crowds into the hallway with the others.

waiting on Fred

Limos
2009-07-29, 09:32 PM
Enemies

In the interests of moving things along Fred uses his cloud of daggers powers on the minion, but misses.

The enemies begin their turn, the cloud of daggers kills the goblin. The Kobold behind him moves into the now vacant spot and takes damage from the cloud of daggers but manages to score a hit on Mul'rak.

The Kobold slinger enters the corridor and lobs a pot of stinky goop which impacts Mul'rak in the shoulder, pelting him with broken pottery shards and a horrific odor.

Just as the party is occupied with the battle in the corridor the southern wall of the chamber swings open on two hidden doors and a squad of Goblins and Kobolds rushes out to attack your defenseless casters.

The two smaller foes dart in and jab their weapons at Carlen and Silex, wounding them, while the larger and better armed Goblin warrior let's fly his javelin, striking Amelia from across the room.

Last but not least a Goblin female in ceremonial garb calls out to Maglubiyet to aid them, two spectral fists slam into Carlen and Silex pinning them in place.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-9.png

Amelia: 18/24
Mul'rak: 15/30
Frederick: ??/??
Carlen: 13/27
Bollucks: 14/28
Silex: 16/28

Everyone takes a buttload of damage and nearly everyone is bloodied or close to it. A whole bunch of new enemies come into play.

Mul'rak take a -2 to attack, (save ends)
Silex and Carlen are immobilized until the end of the enemies next turn.

Limos
2009-07-29, 10:13 PM
Fred

Being one of the only people left unhurt and not currently staring down an enemy Fred takes this chance to launch a Ray of Frost, killing the Kobold minion instantly.

I went ahead and rolled his attack for him since he hasn't checked in in a while and you guys need the help. He killed a minion for you.

It has been four days since I heard from him. I may need to replace him.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Ebony1590/maps/Minions/Quest1/Cavern-B1-10.png

BloodyAngel
2009-07-29, 10:26 PM

"Holy crap!" Amy called out in shock, going quickly from exasperated to worried for her life! "Move! We need to move!

Amy looked about the battlefield, and her mind reeled trying to figure out what to do. Her last job had been as a secretary, damn it! She wasn't cut out for this!

"Um... um... Ok! Bullocks! Back here! We need your help!" She called out. Fred too! Pull back and help deal with the flanking force! Mul'rak! You're gonna have to hold them for a moment. I'll help you as soon as I can!

Amy skirted around her companions, blade drawn... and channeled a quick healing spell with a flick of her off-hand as she passed, restoring Carlen as best she could. She hoped it would be enough... and that the drunken medusa wasn't a liability.

Their priest is going to hide back like a coward, and send the little runts to fight! She said loudly, gesturing for her mind spell with her free hand, They're just useless fodder. Get to the priest! He'll probably run off to wet himself in the dark!

Going for gusto here! Amy giving a heal to Carlen (His surge value PLUS her char. bonus of 3, and is moving to D-1. Then, she's using an action point to insult the goblin priest and his little bodyguard there at the same time. Here's hoping it works!

Limos
2009-07-29, 10:41 PM
Enemies

The Goblin priest reels back under the sudden disapproval and begins reevaluating his past failures sullenly. His companion is made of sterner stuff and does not fall for your tricksome tricky tricks of trickerey.

Carlen puffs up with pride and newfound courage, brushing away the pain of his wounds.

Amelia: 18/24
Mul'rak: 15/30
Frederick: ??/??
Carlen: 27/27
Bollucks: 14/28
Silex: 23/28

Carlen is back to full HP. Goblin priest takes 5 damage.

Jokes
2009-07-29, 10:53 PM
Silex

Silex takes a moment to steel himself against the onslaught. Several curses wash through the goblins head, but all too fast for the creature to make sense of them.

Second Wind.

HP: 23/28 , AC: 15, Fort: 15, Ref: 15, Will: 18.

Faulty
2009-08-01, 04:07 PM

Mul'Rak keeps a kean eye on the Kobold in front of him, while drawing upon inner resolve to keep on fighting.

Marking the Kobold at D9. I then spend a healing surge via Second Wind to heal 7 hp, and my Wildblood class feature gives the marked Kobold an additional -3 to attacks on targets other than me until the end of my next turn. Font of Life allows me to make a saving throw at the beginning of my turn.

Beginning of Turn Saving Throw: [roll0]
If that fails...
End of Turn Saving Throw: [roll1]

I also will use Warden's Fury on the Kobold if he attacks anyone other than me, and will make an Attack of Opportunity if he moves away.

Warden's Fury Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]

AoO Roll: [roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]