PDA

View Full Version : Any way to add more domains?

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-07-22, 01:10 AM
Okay, just had a fun idea: Using the spontaneous divine casting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm) rules, I can automatically know all domain spells as Spells Known.

So, is there any way I can include more domains? I know about Cloistered Cleric and the Knowledge domain, which I will likely be doing, but I'm wondering if there is any way to add more domains? I'd rather avoid PrC's, as the build will be paring this with a Warlock into Eldritch Disciple, but if there's an easy one-level dip, I might go for it.

For this to work, I need to actually have the domain on my list of domains, simply being able to cast from them once a day isn't going to be good enough.

Starscream
2009-07-22, 01:14 AM
Sovereign Speaker from Faiths of Eberron. You get a new domain at every level. All fracking ten of them.

Yeah, it's pretty broken. But a one level dip would be fair.

Incidentally, this is also the book that gave us Planar Shepard, most game-breaking PrC ever. It marks the official point at which I believe they stopped playtesting these things entirely.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-07-22, 01:16 AM
Sovereign Speaker from Faiths of Eberron. You get a new domain at every level. All fracking ten of them.

Yeah, it's pretty broken. But a one level dip would be fair.

That... would be nasty. Does it also promote casting?

Starscream
2009-07-22, 01:17 AM
That... would be nasty. Does it also promote casting?

Yes, at every level except first and sixth. Gives extra domain slots at a couple of them as well.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-07-22, 01:19 AM
Yes, at every level except first and sixth.

steep price, but very nasty combo with spontaneous divine caster...

Another nasty thing is to get various Domain Devotions with them. Movement and Knowledge spring to mind rapidly.

Keld Denar
2009-07-22, 01:27 AM
Divine Oracle 1 gives the Oracle Domain for free. Church Inquisitor is low level, and gives the Inquisition domain for free at level 1. Contemplative is a class first enterable at level 11, and gives 1 domain of your choice at level 1. All other options pretty much involve taking multiple levels (RSoP5, Contemplative6, KnightoftheRaven4?).

Draz74
2009-07-22, 01:28 AM
I don't have Complete Divine, but IIRC there are 2 or 3 PrCs in there that give bonus Domains. I know Contemplative was one of them, and that it gives a bonus Domain at L1 (and also advances casting).

EDIT: ninja'd!

Mongoose87
2009-07-22, 01:58 AM
steep price, but very nasty combo with spontaneous divine caster...

Another nasty thing is to get various Domain Devotions with them. Movement and Knowledge spring to mind rapidly.

It's nasty without being spontaneous. I built a straight cleric/Sovereign Speaker (10/10) for a campaign, and he crushed all in hs path, despite wearing no actual armor.

Talic
2009-07-22, 02:09 AM
As a cloistered cleric who gave up a domain for divine Metamagic, I had no problem still having 5 domains.

Divine Magician spells
Starting Domain
Knowledge Domain
Inquisition Domain (Church inquisitor 8)
Bonus Domain x2 (Contemplative 9)

That's 5 domains, and full casting, all 20 levels. Without divine magician, you'll have 6 domains, but I find Ray Deflection, Spell Turning, Reaving Dispel, and several others to be hard to give up, when I can get them as divine spells.