PDA

View Full Version : Eberron intro adventure

YPU
2009-07-22, 06:43 AM
There is a adventure in the back of the Eberron campaign guide, I was wondering if anybody can tell me the level of it. Also, I hear that besides the big adventure the pc and campaign guide there will be no more printed eberron instead all else will be released in dnd insider, any more information on this?

T.G. Oskar
2009-07-22, 07:15 AM
I presume you're speaking of 4th Edition. Clear that, since the 3.5 edition of Eberron also had a beginning adventure at the back.

As for the level, I'd presume it's a Heroic Tier adventure for 1st level characters. Check the CR provided in there; they made those guidelines for something. If it constantly says CR 1-3, then it's for first level characters; if the CR is much higher, then it's probably for higher level characters. Always assume that an adventure for 1st level characters will roughly contain most CR encounters of the same expected level of the characters, one or two which are CR+1, and at least one that's CR+2; it also expects to tell you when players are expected to gain their first level.

As for the no more printed Eberron, that's for each of the yearly campaign settings. They'll just print a Campaign Setting guide, a Player's Guide, and the rest will be D&D Insider content. Though, it's expected that with those two books you can do mostly anything: the Insider content will provide the adventures but not necessarily force you to use them.

YPU
2009-07-22, 02:15 PM
yea 4e, my bad. The problem is i don’t have it yet, but should have it soon, i just need to know the level for my players. The reason im asking is that the “official” intro adventure, harvest of Khyber, the free rpg day game for this year, was lvl 2 while advertising itself as a introduction adventure. There is one big adventure published for eberron, seekers of the ashen crow, but I would hope to see more eberron adventures. Since they do have a rather different style then typical dnd in my opinion. And its exactly that part which my players like about Eberron.