PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you can deal with the art of feminine conflict? Rose and Camellia

Fri
2009-07-22, 09:21 AM
It's actually a really old game, but just in case there are people here who never played this humorous flash game...

Have you played this flash game about the elegant art of feminine conflict?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/Anrorise/RoseCamellia.jpg?t=1248272628

Newly wed to Shunsuke, eldest son of the historied Tsubakikoji family, Reiko suffers the loss of her husband the very next day. Under the cruel and unceasing mockery of the aristocrats, Reiko's common-born blood sets to boil. Clutching the rose Shunsuke gave her to her bosom, Reiko issues a defiant challenge to the house. "I am the widow of the eldest son of the Tsubakikoji family. This house is mine!" ...This is the elegant art of feminine conflict.

There's actually a sequel, but it's only in japanese, and you must beat the first game (the japanese version of it) to access.

mikeejimbo
2009-07-22, 10:10 AM
Sounds a lot like a Victorian novel. If I weren't horrendous at this sort of game, I'd try it.

Fri
2009-07-22, 10:12 AM
It's an action game :smallbiggrin:

13_CBS
2009-07-22, 10:14 AM
Is this that game where you slap stuck up snobs in the face?

Edit: Yes...yes it is.

And it's freaking hard.

tyckspoon
2009-07-22, 10:16 AM
Yes. Yes it is.

Fri
2009-07-22, 10:18 AM
it starts to get weird (read: even more awesome) when we face the ninja maid.

their maid isn't that kind of maid...

13_CBS
2009-07-22, 10:21 AM
I still don't get the mechanics behind Evade. How the heck are you supposed to know when they slap? :smallannoyed: And they even counter slap you if you wait too long for your own attack, which you can't do in return.

(That said, this game is probably hilariously entertaining to misogynists. It's a win-win game for such people, really.)

Cespenar
2009-07-22, 12:47 PM
Haha, great game. :smallbiggrin:

I still don't get the mechanics behind Evade. How the heck are you supposed to know when they slap? :smallannoyed: And they even counter slap you if you wait too long for your own attack, which you can't do in return.

(That said, this game is probably hilariously entertaining to misogynists. It's a win-win game for such people, really.)

The mechanics is not so hard once you get it. It's the furious mouse movements that knock you around. Click the Defend button as soon as you see it, then do a rightward sweep over your shoulder, then, wait for the Attack button to pop, click it and do your thing. The catch is the counter attacks, if you attack directly after you evade, it's a counter attack and you have to be doubly quick to score a hit, if you don't, they counter-counter attack you.

Of course, this doesn't explain how the matron one-shots you, if you ever see her. :smallbiggrin: