PDA

View Full Version : I might have to facepalm for not noticing this

The Blackbird
2009-07-22, 01:17 PM
I never noticed in this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0053.html) strip Sabine's eyes glow red when she's shouting at Haley.

Nice detail though Giant.

Snake-Aes
2009-07-22, 01:18 PM
Uh..what about it?

Starscream
2009-07-22, 01:44 PM
Uh..what about it?

Well, it's foreshadowing. A hint of her fiendish nature before it was officially revealed.

Serebii
2009-07-22, 02:45 PM
But more importantly, V goes up to activate the sigil! Pure heart required, remember! CONSPIRACY! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Kish
2009-07-22, 02:51 PM
Haley activated that sigil. Haley activated the Air Sigil, Roy activated the Earth Sigil, and Elan activated the Fire Sigil.

JonestheSpy
2009-07-22, 05:54 PM
Another interesting thing about that strip: it's the first and last time we see OotS main women characters in one strip - Celia, Sabine, Haley, and undeclared-Varsuvius.

Okay, there was also Miko, but she's been dead for a long time.

pflare
2009-07-23, 09:13 AM
Well yah her eyes turned red, it fit with the rest of the Linear Guild being secretly evil. Like Hylgia (sorry for spelling) commanding the fire creatures in the name of Loki and Thog killing the earth gaurdian.

Optimystik
2009-07-23, 09:18 AM
Another interesting thing about that strip: it's the first and last time we see OotS main women characters in one strip - Celia, Sabine, Haley, and undeclared-Varsuvius.

Okay, there was also Miko, but she's been dead for a long time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Celia and Sabine duke it out. Someone should make an OotS fighting game... maybe arena-style in the Infinity engine? Fill your spell slots, grab some gear and have at it.

Random832
2009-07-23, 10:06 AM
Like Hylgia (sorry for spelling) commanding the fire creatures in the name of Loki

Technically from that we only know that she has the Fire domain.

Snake-Aes
2009-07-23, 10:09 AM
Technically from that we only know that she has the Fire domain.

You know...The Knowledge(religion) joke was much more about Loki than Hylgia's alignment...

ericgrau
2009-07-23, 11:21 AM
Hey I just noticed the linear guild used wall of ice on OotS to trap them. Then Roy actually swung at it and it went "tink". But reading the spell (and thinking of real ice for that matter), it should have been broken to bits in a couple of rounds. For that matter a wall of stone is stronger but still fairly destructable, and that's less intuitive. It also wouldn't have surrounded a party. A wall of force is industructable, but forms a wall on only 1 side for a limited duration. Thing is, there is no way to trap a party like that at their level. Thus begins a long line of in-comic magic that is more powerful than its D&D counterpart?

Taekwondodo
2009-07-23, 11:30 AM
Who's been re-reading the comics?:smallbiggrin:

Starscream
2009-07-23, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Celia and Sabine duke it out. Someone should make an OotS fighting game... maybe arena-style in the Infinity engine? Fill your spell slots, grab some gear and have at it.

Wonder if there's anyone on this forum with experience creating characters for MUGEN. Probably not or they already would have done it.

Jaltum
2009-07-23, 02:27 PM
it should have been broken to bits in a couple of rounds.

That was the point, though. The wall was effective enough to stop the Order from catching up with the Linear Guild, but it wouldn't last long holding off the monsters. I don't know about the shape of it--that may be a genuine rule abuse.

Peanuts363
2009-07-23, 02:31 PM
its maaaaagic ice

Kroy
2009-07-23, 02:47 PM
There's this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117513) for people wanting a Sabine/Celia fight.

littlequietguy
2009-07-23, 07:23 PM
It seems like a pretty common tool for authors to use.