PDA

View Full Version : The School [Metropolis] Read OOC and OP

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:30 PM
The school of Metropolis, oddly, is colored. The colors of it are Blue and Gold, and the people seem mildly happy. The school is divided into two sections, each within walking distance of one another. The High School and the Elementary School.
OOC: This is a place for children to learn and adults to work. PM me about working here, just so I know.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:32 PM
Neil walks up to the courtyard of the school, smiling. Okay, where to first?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 01:34 PM
Seraphina is beside herself with glee. "Oooooh, do I get a tour?"

Daisy chuckles, keeping a watchful eye on the girl.

Beans
2009-07-22, 01:41 PM
Saff and Clar look at each other and smile knowingly.

Griever follows the group at a moderate distance.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 01:44 PM
Daniel is dragging Hannah by the arm.
But I don't want to go to school!
You've got no choice sis. Get used to it.
She shrugs Daniel off and heads into the school.
Daniel smiles and folds his arms.
Thank goodness for me having finished school early.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:44 PM
Yup. Let's go to the high school first, I have something to drop off there. He begins walking the golden brick path to the high school from the courtyard. Once inside, he'll go to room C5, which reads, Music Class.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 01:45 PM
A police car is sliding towards the school, swift, without siren, but obvious enough.

Beans
2009-07-22, 01:47 PM
Saff smiles at Daniel.
Skipped grades?

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:49 PM
The principal steps outside to greet the policeman once he stops.
"Officer. Anything I can help you with?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 01:51 PM
I'm looking for the "Chesnuts". The cop says, spitting out his gum, sticking it behind his ear.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 01:52 PM
Yep. Once or twice anyway.

Hannah heads to Music Class as well. (She's 16). So he goes to the same place as Neil. (I know nothing about the American school system)

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 01:57 PM
((Umm...high school is for grades 7-12. Elementary school is for grades 1-6.))
The principal raises an eyebrow. "May I ask why? And I know no one here named Chesnut."

Neil smiles at the students in his class,nodding at Hannah. Hey, kids.
May I ask who you are?
He asks Hannah.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 01:59 PM
I'm Hannah Chestnut. Nice to meet you sir.

Daniel notices the commotion outside and walks over to the the policeman.
Is there a problem officer?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 01:59 PM
They'll likely not be enrolled yet, though there's a chance only the younger one has. They're murderers, we have a warrant for their immediate arrest. It's likely they're in the building. The cop drawls. Mr. Chesnut, please put your hands behind your head.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 02:04 PM
Daisy quickly shuffles Seraphina over to Griever and steps forward before Daniel speaks again. "Excuse me, but don't you need to have a guardian or adult present before you pick up minors?" Daisy smiles, keeping her tone carefully neutral. She's brushed up a bit on her Metro law since her arrest.

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:05 PM
Saff bites her lip in anxiety.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:06 PM
Mr. Chesnut is an adult, and is listed as his sister's guardian, as neither parent is, apparently, in this city. The cop drawls.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 02:06 PM
"Let me announce it over the loudspeaker."

Can the formalities. I'm Neil. Nice to meet you, Hannah.

The loudspeaker noise goes off, and the Vice Principal speaks on the loudspeaker.
"The 'Chesnut' family, please report to the main office immediately." This echoes throughout the entire grounds of the school.

You're new here. Lemme walk you down there. He's curious why the family's wanted, though.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:07 PM
Hannah shrugs and complies, following the teacher to the main office.

Daniel remains silent, and stays where he is.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 02:08 PM
Daisy speaks over her shoulder to Griever, her eyes on the cop. "Please take Sera to the playground. I'll come for you in a minute." She smiles kindly and extends a hand. "May I see the warrants? And who is the poor soul who was killed?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:09 PM
Ah, good. You're both here. Please put your arms behind your heads. You're both under arrest for the murder of Xian Teng. The cop says, one hand on his badge, another taking a signed sheet of paper warranting arrest out of his pocket.

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:10 PM
Very well, Miss Daisy.
Come along, Miss Sera. Griever reaches for her hand, ushering her toward the playground.

Saff's scar blanches white.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:12 PM
Xian who? Murder? Sorry, but I've never intentionally or accidentally killed anyone in my life.
Daniel puts his hands behind his head.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 02:12 PM
Daisy takes the piece of paper, her eyes scanning it. She manages to keep her hands from trembling. "Anyone know anything about this?" She addresses no one in particular.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:14 PM
The paper says that Xian Teng, AKA Indigo Dusk, died in hospital after various injuries. Twenty-eight witnesses confirm that, after looking through police records, that the Chesnut pair were the killers. Twelve more witnesses also provided helpful evidence. Blah blah blah, arrest warrant for murder.

The cop promptly body-searches Daniel.

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:14 PM
A single tear runs down Saff's cheek in predictable fashion.
Clarice just stares in quiet horror.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 02:15 PM
Neil raises an eyebrow. Murder? What?
Principal Owens, there has to be a mistake. Only three other people here were convicted murderers!

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:20 PM
The cop would find a wallet with some money and a handkerchief.
Officer, I had no idea. It must've been an accident. I'd never kill anybody, on purpose or by accident.

Hannah also puts her hands behind her head.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:22 PM
Hannah is then searched. Anything that could remotely be used as a weapon is removed. We have CCTV footage of you using your powers against her, in an offensive fashion. Not from Luigi's of course (as if those damn sympathisers would lend us stuff, but from the surveillance car outside.

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:24 PM
Danny...
Saff whispers, horrified at what she's watching.
Some might misinterpret it as horror at what he's done.
But it isn't.
Because that would be silly.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:25 PM
Hannah has the same stuff on her, and there's a necklace around her.... neck.
I did that because she was causing my sister grief. I didn't mean to kill anybody. It was an accident, we both just used a little more force than we wanted to.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:25 PM
The cop gets a pair of handcuffs out, while two more policemen can be seen heading this way...

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 02:28 PM
Woah....I'm sorry, I'm...useless right now. I have a tour to give and a class to teach. So.... He waves goodbye, nodding towards Daniel. He begins walking. Unless he's stopped, of course.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:29 PM
Daniel looks towards the others for guidance on what he should do right now.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 02:31 PM
Daisy hugs Saff, forcing her to look into Daisy's face. "Listen to me, Saff. LISTEN! Take Clarice and Sera, get them the tour. And then take them home. To Damien's. You still have the keys." She glances over her shoulder at the siblings. "I'm gonna go with them and make sure everything goes smoothly. I'll get to the bottom of this. Promise." A cramp makes Daisy grab at her belly again. Stress, ugh. "Promise me. I mean it, Saff."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:31 PM
Now that all three are here, two of the policemen try to cuff Daniel, and Hannah.

But, shock-horror?! Who's the third policeman?! :smalleek: Here's a clue. He's big, curly-haired, Hispanic, and shocked to see his friends.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:33 PM
Daniel and Hannah are handcuffed with no resistance.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 02:35 PM
Daisy gasps quietly and hurries towards Emanuel. "Manny, there must be some mistake - these kids can't have killed anyone on purpose."

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:37 PM
Saff stands, rooted to the spot.
Clarice looks up at her, confused and afraid.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:38 PM
Daisy. Even if they didn't murder her, they committed manslaughter. He basically just signed his own death warrant. He could've got off with something lighter, but he admitted to use of excessive force, for hell's sake. Manny whispers, but is silenced by the glares of his colleagues.
Away we go. Thank you for your help, sir. One of the burly cops says, to the principal, and both start to lead the Chesnuts outside...

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:39 PM
Daniel and Hannah are led.
Don't worry Hannah. I'll fix this. But you've got to listen to me all the way through. Okay? he whispers to Hannah and Hannah only.
Okay. she whispers back.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:42 PM
There're two squad cars outside. Daniel's put in the first one, Hannah in the second, each with one cop. Manny starts to hurry out, after them.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 02:43 PM
"Anytime, officer." The principal seems unaffected.

Neil, meanwhile, goes to the playground. It seems people getting arrested isn't new to him. He carries a broad smile, going to pick the little cutie, Seraphin.

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:44 PM
Saffy?
Saffy!
Saff doesn't notice the tugging at her sleeve. She just stands there.

Fredthefighter
Daniel and Hannah comply and get into their respective cop cars.

Daniel looks out at Saff from the cop car and mouthes something to her. It looks like "I'm sorry".

Dirk Kris
Daisy curses quietly. "Thanks, Manny." Daisy calls out to the officers. "Wait - I'm coming with them! Danny, Hannah, not another word out of either of you!" She heads back over to Saff and shakes her roughly. "Goddammit Saff, listen to me! It's time to be strong. Time to show us what you can do. I will help take care of this."

Sera giggles and squeals with glee as Neil catches her. "Hi Neil. Where did you go? I thought you were going to give me a tour?" She pouts adorably.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:45 PM
Manny starts to head for the car in which Hannah's sitting, as the car carrying Daniel revs up, and drives away.

Beans
2009-07-22, 02:46 PM
Saff snaps out of it.
What do you need me to do?

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 02:49 PM
Sorry, cutie. I had some...things to take care of. You'll still get that tour, don't worry. He hoist her over his shoulders, carrying her through the school.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:50 PM
Hannah looks at Manny.
She doesn't say anything though.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 02:50 PM
Manny doesn't know her, and is trying very hard not to care.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 02:58 PM
Hannah sighs. And looks confused. She's decided whether to say something or not.

(Sorry, got to deadtime. I don't know whether I'll be on again tonight. Again, I apologise)

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 02:59 PM
Daisy speaks quickly, not wanting the other car to leave her. "Take Sera and Clar on the school tour, then home to Damien's. I'll go with Danny and Hannah and meet you back there later. It'll be OK. Be strong, for them. Griever will help you." She hugs the girl tightly, then jogs over to the waiting cop car. She climbs inside.

Sera giggles and clutches her arms around Neil's neck.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 03:00 PM
Manny nods to Daisy, and the car drives off to the Random Locations thread.

Beans
2009-07-22, 03:00 PM
Saff and Clar go back over to Sera and Neil.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 03:03 PM
Okay, we're all here. Okay, so this is the elementary school....[insert tour of school here]... Neil shows them the somewhat old building. After he's done he walks to the High School, and shows them that as well.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-22, 03:08 PM
The whole time, Sera beams a grin like she's the queen of the world. "It's so great here! And you're here! And you can walk me every day and we can be best friends and...I would totally love that." She sighs dreamily, blissfully unaware of TEH DRAMAHZ!

Beans
2009-07-22, 03:11 PM
That was... great, really.
Sera, I think it's time for us to be getting back home.
Griever nods.

Falgorn
2009-07-22, 03:15 PM
Sure. That could be fun. He chuckles at Sera, somehow still unaware of her crush. Even though it's obvious. Maybe he's new to the system. At the end, he goes back to his class. See you sometime later, then. Bye.
((Deatime until September, methinks.))

Prince_Selm
2009-07-22, 03:20 PM
Ryan walks up.

There's a... School here?

Ha, ha! That's great! These stupid "online courses" are worthless!

I bet the main office would be easy to find...

(Curse the fact that the only clearly marked authority figure deadtimed for a month!)

Ryan walks around trying to find the office.
(I don't expect that anyone else works here yet, but...)

Dirk Kris
Sera pouts, but dutifully climbs down. She watches Neil's back until he turns a corner and is out of sight, then turns and flounces down the sidewalk towards home. "Stupid class, taking away my Neilly."

Beans
Saff, Clar, and Griever go too.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 11:17 AM
Seraphina, Clarice, and Griever approach the school on the high school side. Seems Clar is the first to be dropped off.

Sera grins and waves excitedly. "If you see Neil, tell him I'm here and maybe he can have lunch with me or something!"

Beans
2009-07-26, 11:28 AM
Okay, Sera. She smiles.
Be good, okay? She attempts quick huggage before she goes.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 11:37 AM
"I'm always good - Grievy makes me." Seraphina hugs Clarice and waves, then heads towards the elementary side of the campus, chattering at Griever.

A figures turns the corner, wearing a thick leather jacket even though it's warm out. He has his arm around an abnormally pretty girl...

Beans
2009-07-26, 11:41 AM
Griever follows.

The girl turns to her man, black hair swishing slightly.
That's them. My little angel and the tin man I got to protect her.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 11:42 AM
Frank - for that's who the man is - chuckles darkly. "I can't believe you have a kid. I never woulda figured you for the mothering type."

Beans
2009-07-26, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I know.
But hey, maternal instinct, no way to escape it.
Anyway, she's a smart little nipper. Stays out of the way, plays with her dollies in a corner when I'm shooting up and screwing people. Ophana shrugs.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 11:51 AM
"Heh." Frank shrugs. "Sounds like a good crib midget to me. So, you gonna take her back, or what? I mean, what the hell's she doing in Metro?"

Beans
2009-07-26, 11:55 AM
Looking for her mommy, of course. She smirks.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 11:56 AM
"Well, if she sees you, isn't she gonna wanna tag along and stuff, babe? I mean, if that's what you want, then fine. But me - I don't do kids." He shrugs. "Maybe I'll find somewhere else to stay until you get this maternal crap outta your system."

Beans
2009-07-26, 12:01 PM
Oh, don't worry, babe. I'm not taking her back just yet...
I wonder where she's been staying? If she's been hanging out with some nice old grandma-lady or somethin', we might wring some profit out of it.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 12:09 PM
"Might be worth finding out." Frank eyes the school and how close the girl is to going inside. "Maybe now, so we don't have to deal with teachers or security guards?"

Beans
2009-07-26, 12:12 PM
I have a better idea.
I'll pick her up after school. We'll have a nice little talk, and she'll be on her way, back to whoever-they-are's house.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 12:21 PM
Frank pulls out a vial of powder and wiggles it teasingly at Ophana. "I never spent much time in school, so I dunno exactly when she'll be out, but I know a couple of ways we can pass the time." He strokes her raven black wing. "Wanna get stoned and screw?"

Beans
2009-07-26, 12:24 PM
She giggles.
Do I even have to answer that question?
She nuzzles his neck. And nips it. (Alliteration not intended.)

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 12:46 PM
Rawr. Creepy drug-infested angry sexy time.

The elementary school gets out a little earlier than the high school, so Seraphina hangs out on the playground. The other kids rush out and head home, and soon she is nearly alone. Except for Griever, of course.

Beans
2009-07-26, 12:48 PM
Gothlet one-winged angel (I had to) Ophana approaches. She looks different, but... she's still recognizable to her widdle sweetie-pie.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 12:53 PM
Seraphina's little blue eyes go wide. "MOMMY!" She jumps down from the top - yes, top - of the large jungle gym and lands on her feet, pausing only a moment before dashing over to her mother and leaping into her arms.

Frank follows a few paces behind, his face twisted in a mix of emotions.

Beans
2009-07-26, 12:55 PM
She catches the little girl.
Hey, kiddo. How's it been? She grins.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 12:58 PM
"Good, I guess. It was scary for a while because I couldn't find you and Grievy was getting impatient and then Mama Daisy said there was a fire but I knew you'd be OK and you'd come back for me and we could be together again!" Seraphina pauses for breath and hugs her mother's neck tightly. "I missed you!"

Frank's eyes go wide at the mention of the familiar name. "Wha- who did you just say?"

Beans
2009-07-26, 01:05 PM
I missed you too, ya cute little bugger. Affectionate swearing. Woo.
Mama... Daisy, huh?
So, Sera, tell me about her.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 01:21 PM
Sera chatters on about her new adoptive mom. "Well, she's pretty and she has really long hair and she lets me play with it and she likes to paint pretty pictures and she bought me this new stuff and a TV and there's Saff and Clarice and one time there was this dog there and we all stay together but now I can come home with you, Mommy! Oh, and you can meet Neil - he's my boyfriend." The little girl beams proudly, then notices Frank. "Who's that, Mommy? One of your friends?" She looks him up and down. "He doesn't look hurt. Your new wing and hair are sooooooo pretty! What happened to your other one?"

Ah, youth.

Beans
2009-07-26, 01:26 PM
The wing?
Er... didn't need it.

The awesome man is Frank. He's tough, just how I like 'em.

Now, baby, I have some bad news. We're still, let's say, "on the run" at the moment. Too dangerous for you to come home just yet. I just dropped by to make sure you were alright and to tell you what's going on.
But we'll get everything ready for you to come home with us when the time is right. Okay?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 01:32 PM
Sera frowns, disappointed, but nods. "OK, Mommy. I'll tell Mama Daisy that I'll be leaving soon. I think she'll be sad, but when the babies get here she won't have as much time for me anyway." She shrugs.

Frank gapes, his jaw hanging slack for a moment before he catches himself. "Babies? What babies? If that little bitch is pregnant and she didn't even tell me, I'll-" He clenches his jaw, shaking his head in angry disbelief.

Beans
2009-07-26, 01:37 PM
... Actually, hon, I have a better idea.
We could make it a surprise.
So don't tell her that I found you today. If she asks why you're a little late, Griever's gonna say you had to take a detour on the way home. Agree with him.
This is gonna be the best surpise she's ever had. She grins.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 01:41 PM
"Whatever you say, Mommy." Seraphina nods and grins, happy to have pleased her mother. "Yeah, Mama Daisy and Damien are gonna have babies. Two of them." She holds up her fingers for extra effect. "I saw the little picture thingies of them. They're reeeeeeally little."

Now, one would think that Frank would be relieved by this. But no. He's pissed. Like, REALLY pissed. "That little whore! She LIED to me! Not only was she sleeping with that little pissant, she is gonna have KIDS with him?!" He pounds a fist into his open palm, trembling with rage.

Ophana might wanna get a handle on this before he hulks out in front of her kid.

Beans
2009-07-26, 01:46 PM
Ophana puts a calming hand on Frank's shoulder, looking into his eyes.
Frank.
You're gonna need that anger later, babe. Save it. Trust me, it'll be all the sweeter when you do what we both know you'll do.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 01:49 PM
Poor Seraphina isn't even phased by the language and threats of violence. Poor baby.

Frank feels Ophana's hand on his shoulder, and calms, slowly. He is panting for breath, and it seems she caught him just in time. He meets her gaze. "We almost done here? I need a fuggin' drink. Like now."

Beans
2009-07-26, 01:53 PM
Just a sec, babe.

Alright, Sera. You and Griever run along home, now.
Oh, and Griever... She whispers something into the side of his head. Where ears would be.
She gives Sera a kiss and puts her down.

He nods.
Come along, Miss Sera. Miss Daisy will be waiting for us.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 01:56 PM
Seraphina hugs her mother once more, then heads off down the street. She stops and turns around to wave. "See you soon, Mommy!" She turns and skips back to the playground to wait for Clarice...

Frank growls and turns, stalking away to...the Random thread?

Beans
2009-07-26, 02:03 PM
Sure.

Clarice comes out.
Hey, Sera.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 02:08 PM
Sera seems excited, as ever, and hugs Clarice tightly. "Hiya Clar - ready to go home?" She thinks of something. "I didn't see Neil - did you give him my message?"

Beans
2009-07-26, 02:12 PM
Sorry, sweetie, but I didn't see him either.
Maybe he's working overtime today to free up more time tomorrow. Then he'd be able to have lunch with you, no problem.

She ruffles Sera's hair.
How was school?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 02:17 PM
"It was fine." Sera seems content with Clarice's explanation and starts rattling off the names of her classmates and the usual menial things small children tell you about their school day. As they head towards the apartment.

Beans
2009-07-26, 02:22 PM
Griever follows.
Clarice smiles.
That's great.
Hey, one of the first things my class has to do is a sort of school service project---and for that, one of the things you can do is be a teacher's aide for the lower grades. I'll try to get assigned to your class, how's that sound?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 02:24 PM
"Cool!" Seraphina's cherubic face brightens. "I'd wait to be assigned, though. Apparently I'm too smart for kindergarten, so tomorrow they're going to test me and see which grade I go into."

Beans
2009-07-26, 02:41 PM
I knew you were smart. She grins.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 02:48 PM
"Yep, that's what they say." Sera giggles. "Hey, did Mama Daisy give you any money? I want some ice cream."

Beans
2009-07-26, 02:53 PM
She fishes in her pockets.
... Nope. Dangit. Griever?
I carry only the alloted Emergency Money, Miss Clar. You can totally hear the capital letters. And a lack of ice cream is not an emergency.
Clar shrugs and pats Sera's shoulders.
Sorry, cutie.
Tell ya what, I'll see if we can get some ice cream tomorrow. And you can tell me about how it went with Neil then. Okay?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-26, 03:03 PM
Sera beams and nods. "For sure!" They get closer to the apartments...

Beans
2009-07-26, 03:06 PM
For the sake of stuff happening, let's just say they walk in already...
Unless Dirky says they don't.