PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Breakfast

Eon
2009-07-22, 01:46 PM
what's your favorite breakfast? I know mine is waffles with jam and whipped cream.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-22, 01:47 PM
Cheese spread on a baguel.

If I can't have that, I have buttered toast. :smallbiggrin:

DamnedIrishman
2009-07-22, 01:49 PM
My favourite breakfasts are those taken well into the afternoon, and brought to you in a double bed shared with a beautiful woman...

EDIT: I am also partial to a bagel in the morning.

raitalin
2009-07-22, 01:50 PM
Steak and eggs. Preferably a fatty cut of steak and scrambled eggs. Also a glass of no-pulp OJ and wheat toast with strawberry jam.

Shikton
2009-07-22, 02:05 PM
Freshly baked bread with scrambled eggs, with coffee and an ice cold glass of orange juice for drinkage. Chimes in the eggs is a necessity. Mmmm...

DamnedIrishman
2009-07-22, 02:07 PM
Chimes in the eggs is a necessity. Mmmm...

What, like, windchimes?

Jimorian
2009-07-22, 02:10 PM
Just as long as it includes lots of bacon, I'm happy.

Bacon, it's the candy of meat! :smallbiggrin:

Shikton
2009-07-22, 02:12 PM
What, like, windchimes?

Gah, I mean chives of course.:smallredface:

Telonius
Chocolate chip pancakes and Canadian bacon.

Player_Zero
Dry chicken curry. No onion.

Shikton
2009-07-22, 02:14 PM
Dry chicken curry. No onion.

Chicken curry? For breakfast? Ok, I could go for that too. One of my favourite dishes right there.

Llama231
2009-07-22, 02:18 PM
Bagels, lox and cream cheese. No, I am not Jewish.

Or really good chocolate-chip pancakes. Or marshmallow fluff on toaster waffles.

Coidzor
2009-07-22, 02:22 PM
Hmm. An omelet with peppers, tomato, vidalia onion, ham, canadian bacon, and some form of cheddar smothered in ketchup and Worcestershire. Potatoes O'brien(O'Bryan? Obrian? Oberon?), apple-chicken smoked sausages, maple cured bacon in both crunchy and slightly chewy varieties, peanut butter, buttermilk american-style waffles with maple syrup and more butter than syrup.

This'd be about 3-4 courses, of course, and last from about 8 until about high noon.

I'm also partial to slightly cold general tso's (with a moderate rather than smothering amount of sauce) and fried rice.

This chicken curry for breakfast idea intrigues me. I'll have to try chicken curry in the first place. haha.

DamnedIrishman
2009-07-22, 02:24 PM
This chicken curry for breakfast idea intrigues me. I'll have to try chicken curry in the first place. haha.

I think it would depend on the curry. I think biriyani would work nicely for breakfast, or maybe bhuna. I wouldn't want a madras or vindaloo first thing in the morning...

FoE
2009-07-22, 02:26 PM
THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT!

Also, McMuffins.

Shikton
2009-07-22, 02:26 PM
How come? Nothing like a spicy start, eh?

DamnedIrishman
2009-07-22, 02:29 PM
How come? Nothing like a spicy start, eh?

If you want a spicy start, I'd rather have cheese on toast with hot pepper sauce. Delicious...

Eon
2009-07-22, 02:30 PM
wow... and I thought my breakfast was... interesting...

TheThan
2009-07-22, 02:44 PM
Thethan’s ultimate breakfast sandwitch.

Ingredients list:

Two eggs well done
Two small slabs of ham or four strips of bacon fully cooked
One slice of cheese (your choice)
Bread/croissant (your choice of bread)
Butter spread
Salt/pepper
Mustard (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)

Directions
fry the eggs in a skillet until done, seasoning with salt and pepper. While those are cooking warm up ham or cook the bacon. Then slice croissant in half and butter it. When the cooking is done. Layer the sandwich like this: ham, egg, ham, cheese, egg. Layer any options you choose to apply inbetween each layer. Top with other half of bread and devour.

I don’t recommend making them a lot, seeing as they will probably make you fat and cause cholesterol problems.

Shikton
2009-07-22, 02:47 PM

Ingredients list:

Two eggs well done
Butter spread
Salt/pepper
Mustard (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)

Directions
Cook the eggs in a skillet until done seasoning with salt and pepper. While those are cooking warm up ham or cook the bacon. Then slice croissant in half and butter it. When the cooking is done. Layer the sandwich like this: ham, egg, ham, cheese, egg. Layer any options you choose to apply inbetween each layer. Top with other half of bread and devour.

I don’t recommend making them a lot, seeing as they will probably make you fat and cause cholesterol problems.

I think your avatar would say: "NOW THAT'S A REAL MAN'S BREAKFAST, LADIES!"

And I would agree.

DamnedIrishman
2009-07-22, 02:51 PM

Ingredients list:

Two eggs well done
Butter spread
Salt/pepper
Mustard (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)

Directions
Cook the eggs in a skillet until done seasoning with salt and pepper. While those are cooking warm up ham or cook the bacon. Then slice croissant in half and butter it. When the cooking is done. Layer the sandwich like this: ham, egg, ham, cheese, egg. Layer any options you choose to apply inbetween each layer. Top with other half of bread and devour.

As long as it's wholegrain mustard, and definitely some hot pepper sauce. I'd suggest you look to find some baconsteak. It's like bacon, but steak-sized!

Totally Guy
2009-07-22, 02:52 PM
Now listen up y'all biscuit heads,
I want a slice of dry toast and two scrambled eggs,
Couple hash browns, make 'em extra crisp,
A glass of orange juice and a bowl of cheese grits.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/macdonnell/PeaceyP-1.gif

GrlumpTheElder
2009-07-22, 02:58 PM
Tabasco Sauce and Butter on toast
With a Pork Pie on the side

or Full English

Shikton
2009-07-22, 03:00 PM
or Full English

As long as it's not the icky grey sausages I was served in London. Horrible, unapetising little things. And the eggs need to not be runny. Then it's a perfect breakfast if you've been drinking the night before.

Dragonrider
2009-07-22, 03:04 PM
Life cereal in milk or yogurt, with an apple or a peach or sumfing.

Tiger Duck
2009-07-22, 03:08 PM
Whatever I had the the day before for breakfast.

RTGoodman
2009-07-22, 03:08 PM
When we do a full breakfast 'round here (and I imagine other places in the South, since Cracker Barrel and those kinds of restaurants are all over), it's a big thing. Usually includes: eggs (scrambled or fried); bacon, sausage, and/or ham; biscuits (not toast), (sausage) gravy, and sometimes biscuits and gravy; hashbrowns; occasionally pancakes/"hotcakes;" grits (with or without cheese); and usually juices or coffee to drink.

MAN I love breakfast...

Mauve Shirt
2009-07-22, 03:10 PM
Pancakes and bacon.

HellfireLover
2009-07-22, 03:36 PM
Scrambled egg with smoked salmon and cream, chive garnish, brown toast, and a glass of bucks fizz.

Or for contrast, the chilli-laden noodle soup they served me on a Singapore Air flight. Either's good.

Perenelle
2009-07-22, 04:17 PM
hmm.. thats a tough question. I'd have to say either french toast or bagels with cream cheese. :smallsmile:

Hell Puppi
2009-07-22, 04:30 PM
Fresh bread with a good cheese, tea or coffee and some fresh fruit.

FdL
2009-07-22, 09:38 PM
I usually have toastt with ham, but today I took some day-old waffles and popped them in the toaster, then ate them with said ham. They were awesome!

Faceist
2009-07-22, 10:08 PM
Sausages, mushrooms, eggs, toast, bacon, maybe a ham omelette on the side if I'm especially hungry. Oh man, and waffles for afters.

Froogleyboy
2009-07-22, 10:08 PM
I enjoy a nice plate of guinea eggs (Fried, extra runny) a peace of buttered toast and a cup of hot tea

Lupy
2009-07-22, 10:17 PM
hmm.. thats a tough question. I'd have to say either french toast or bagels with cream cheese. :smallsmile:

How did I guess? :smalltongue: We were at band camp together Playgrounders.

Bacon and waffles. Mmmm....

Mr.Moron
2009-07-22, 10:21 PM
Hard to pick. If you forced my hand, Waffles. Actual waffles not those frozen yellow mystery disks found in grocery stores. Anyone who says those are their favorite automatically forfeits their personhood.

That said, they only win by narrowest of margins and probably only because of the specific mood I'm in right now. There are so many great foods It really is dishonest to narrow it down to just one or two.

Recaiden
2009-07-22, 10:21 PM
Grapefruit half, hash browns, ham.
Or a bagel with cream cheese, onions, capers, and smoked salmon on it.
Either one with orange juice.

Quincunx
2009-07-23, 03:39 AM
I usually have toast with ham, but today I took some day-old waffles and popped them in the toaster, then ate them with said ham. They were awesome!

Oo, I wondered if you were still using that waffle iron, recently. Good to know!

French toast is my favorite. Brick-like slices with that yellowish coating from diners, paper-thin bargain bread so soaked it almost dissolves in the margarine and syrup, proper home-baked French toast with butter lacing the crusts: I'll enjoy it all. All breakfast food is, in general, too excellent to be confined to breakfast hours, but French toast more than most.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-23, 03:46 AM
My favourite breakfast consists of 2 rashers of bacon, one of those really big mushrooms (I cook those on my Foreman Grill), 2 slices of toast using a particular type of granary bread which is filled with several different kinds of seed and half a tin of baked beans with a glass of Innocent Smoothy (I drink either strawberry the banana, raspberry and cranberry or blueberry, blackberry and raspberry (I think) smoothies). My idea is that the meal is reasonably nutritious while being made of things which I like the taste of.

billtodamax
2009-07-23, 04:06 AM
French toast and Bacon, both with ridiculously large amounts of maple syrup.

horngeek
2009-07-23, 04:18 AM
As I have said in the favourite Cereal thread.

4 weet-bix. Just covered with milk, microwaved for 44 seconds, then add sugar.

Yum.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-07-23, 04:51 AM
1x Bacon and Egg roll.
Only replace the egg with bacon.
And the roll with bacon.
And the bacon with extra bacon.

Anuan
2009-07-23, 05:15 AM
Life cereal in milk or yogurt, with an apple or a peach or sumfing.

Stop eating as healthily as I wish I could! D:

Mine? LOTS of toast. With various things. With just my Olive Grove butter-replacement, with promite, honey, peanut butter, various flavours of jam...I will eat toast til it comes out the wazoo ._.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-07-23, 05:44 AM
http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SDC/SDC180/close-up-bacon_~288037SDC.jpg
Bacon. Once we have this, we can not go wrong.

Dragonrider
2009-07-23, 09:52 AM
Stop eating as healthily as I wish I could! D:

It's probably not as healthy when I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch (and dinner if my mom doesn't cook anything). I pretty much live on fruit and cereal. :smalltongue: I'm not condoning this lifestyle. I'm just lazy.

Eon
2009-07-23, 11:00 AM
This thread is making me hungry.

Trog
2009-07-23, 05:29 PM
A couple of scrambled eggs, buttered toast, hash browns, lots of bacon, orange juice.

Hannes
2009-07-23, 05:47 PM
You know what's my favourite breakfast?

Nothing.

Breakfast makes me puke.

Eon
2009-07-23, 06:40 PM
what did breakfast every do to you?

Lupy
2009-07-23, 06:49 PM
You know what's my favourite breakfast?

Nothing.

Breakfast makes me puke.

You sick, sick man. :smalleek:

You need bacon therapy!

Anuan
2009-07-23, 06:57 PM
It's probably not as healthy when I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch (and dinner if my mom doesn't cook anything). I pretty much live on fruit and cereal. :smalltongue: I'm not condoning this lifestyle. I'm just lazy.

At least you aren't fat! :smallbiggrin:

X2
2009-07-23, 06:57 PM
what's your favorite breakfast? I know mine is waffles with jam and whipped cream.

This topic seems very familiar. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119051)

Ravens_cry
2009-07-23, 07:02 PM
Leftover spagetti bolognaise, or peanut butter and jam on a toasted whole wheat bagel.

Raistlin1040
2009-07-23, 07:06 PM
A croissant (a real one. Hand-made is the best, but I'll take any that's not the French equivilent of fast food. Or even worse, American fast-food versions), strawberries, and milk. Generally though, I don't even eat breakfast.

Eon
2009-07-23, 07:07 PM
This topic seems very familiar. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119051)

*starts whistling*

*flees thread*

Em Blackleaf
2009-07-23, 10:58 PM
I usually make scrambled eggs (I like them not solid but not runny- figure that one out, with cheese, salt and pepper), put in on a toasted English muffin, then put a piece of some kind of deli-style lunch meat (usually turkey, sometimes ham) on it. So, sort of like an Em McMuffin.

Otherwise, I guess any kind of eggs with toast/bagel/English muffin on the side. I don't think I get enough veggies in the morning. But sometimes, I have fruit.

Alteran
2009-07-23, 11:04 PM
Baconbaconbaconbaconbacon...

Bacon?

My favourite breakfast will always include some bacon. I also very much enjoy pancakes/french toast/belgian waffles, and omlettes. Really, I couldn't pin down a single favourite breakfast, just some of the best possible components.

Mmm, I love a good breakfast. Unfortunately, I'm usually getting up far too late to actually have any these days. Thank the gods for all-day breakfast, I guess.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-24, 10:41 PM
Omelet made with cheddar cheese, taco sauce, Italian seasonings, salami, and covered in more taco sauce.

Orange juice.

Toast with butter.

Rutskarn
2009-07-24, 10:44 PM
Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, no milk, with some fresh strawberries in it. 4 strips of microwaved bacon. A glass of Martinelli's sparkling cider if I'm feeling swanky, Juicy Juice* if I'm not--and really, I never am.

*It has no additives and a reasonable cost. Shut up.

FdL
2009-07-25, 12:41 AM
Oo, I wondered if you were still using that waffle iron, recently. Good to know!

You really were? Nice to know ^^
Well, last batch was a little below my standards, and I was kinda getting tired of sweet stuff with them. But I discovered they are awesomer with salty stuff. And also fit right in my bread toaster, so they're perfect for my breakfast, as I don't cook then (I just reheat/toast these).

French toast is my favorite. Brick-like slices with that yellowish coating from diners, paper-thin bargain bread so soaked it almost dissolves in the margarine and syrup, proper home-baked French toast with butter lacing the crusts: I'll enjoy it all. All breakfast food is, in general, too excellent to be confined to breakfast hours, but French toast more than most.

I like french toast, I tried to make it once and even though I'm not sure if it came out authentic, it was really good.

Also, yeah, I think these things you north americans have for breakfast are awesome.

I do have to say that this thread has way too many calories and saturated fat.

Tharivol123
2009-07-25, 12:44 AM
Four eggs over-easy, bacon, toast, sausage links (sometimes), and once in a while a pancake or two. I only eat breakfast about once a week. My typical "breakfast" is a cereal bar.

toasty
2009-07-25, 02:57 AM
My normal breakfast? Toast. 4 pieces. 2 with butter 2 with something else (chocolate spread or jelly usually).

My dream breakfast? Waffles (chocolate chip ones please), Sausage, Bacon, Biscuits and Gravy, Mini-wheat (or an equivalent) cereal and a huge omellette with lots of stuff inside.

Since I can't have all of those at once usually I just do with one or two... When they're available, which isn't all that often actually...

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-25, 03:20 AM
My favourite breakfasts are those taken well into the afternoon, and brought to you in a double bed shared with a beautiful woman...

These are the words of a wise man.
For a related reason, I'm partial to pancakes and fruit.

Blackknight1239
2009-07-25, 03:34 AM
Buttered toast with jam (strawberry or rasberry), a couple glasses of full plup OJ, an fried egg or two, and some type of breakfast meat. Bacon, Canadian bacon, ham, etc.

Roukon
2009-07-27, 06:23 PM
It really depends on where I am, and what I can have. At home, my favorite breakfast is 2 eggs (right now I like them scrambled, but I used to like them over-medium), 4 links of vegetarian sausage (yes, I am vegetarian, for 10 years), a bowl of cereal and a glass of V8 V-Fusion juice. However, when I visited Japan two years ago, my usual breakfast was three pieces of inari sushi. If I was living in a place with a larger Japanese-American population and had places where I could purchase ready-made sushi, I would probably go back to that a few days of the week. However, when I go out to a restaurant for breakfast, its the same thing, omelette with mushrooms and cheese, hash browns and pancakes with too much syrup.

Jalor
2009-07-27, 07:13 PM
Bagels. Preferably with some form of salmon.

I'm referring to real Long Island bagels, not the glorified bread you get in most places. A good bagel should be chewy enough that your jaw hurts after eating it. Anything else just doesn't measure up.

I also love bacon.

Dragon queen
2009-08-23, 05:42 PM
English muffins

Jack Squat
2009-08-23, 05:44 PM
pie. Either key lime or chocolate.

In the form of normal breakfast, pancakes, goetta, bacon.

More often I just have an omelet or a bowl of that new chocolate mini-wheats though.

Thajocoth
2009-08-23, 06:57 PM
Define breakfast.

Definition: Anything - 1 option: Chocolate cake. (I usually only have this at parties.)

Definition: First meal of the day (2-3pm for me) - 4 options: Pasta with tomato sauce and mozzarella + Pepsi, Cheese Ravioli + tomato sauce + Pepsi, plain pizza + Pepsi or macaroni & cheese + Milk (The vast majority of my diet consists of these four meals.)

Definition: Meal eaten between 4am and 11am - 2 options: Buttered English Muffin + Milk, macaroni & cheese + Milk (Though, my timing for this is more consistent with a midnight snack.)

Definition: Meal made using "breakfast foods" - 3 options: Warm buttered bagel + chocoalte milk, Buttered English Muffin + Milk, Chocolate chip chocolate pancakes with chocolate syrup and whipped cream + chocolate milk (These are very rarely eaten.)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-08-23, 07:18 PM
Well, I usually have either 2 slices of toast, one with Nutella, one with some kind of jam or marmalade, or a bowl of cereal: Cheerios mixed with Corn Flakes, mixed with this one mix of little cubes of dried papaya and pineapple I can get at the market.

My favourite, though, has to be Christmas Breakfast. Bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls (not glazed :smallyuk:), orange bow-knots, half a grapefruit, and whatever juice is in the fridge. Usually some mix involving tropical fruits and orange, though it's really best with some pulpy OJ.

orchitect
2009-08-23, 07:20 PM
Eggs, oatmeal with cut up fruit in it, and tea, preferably Earl Grey.

Xsesiv
2009-08-23, 07:32 PM
Full English.

Bacon, egg, toast, sausage, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, and gallons of tea.:smallamused:

Evil_Pacifist
2009-08-23, 07:37 PM
Cold pizza with onions, pineapple, and jalapenos. Sometimes accompanied by Juicy Juice or soy milk.

Dewey
2009-08-23, 09:37 PM
Cake! "It's got milk, flour, eggs...nutrition!"(or something along those lines. bonus points if you get that reference!)

My ideal breakfast would be a few pancakes with REAL maple syrup, a few pieces of bacon, a pice of toast with marmalade or jam, and a peach, cut up in a bowl. Nice and simple.

Sneak
2009-08-23, 09:41 PM
Mmm. Home fries with diced onions and ketchup. Bacon. Maybe a small omelette. Orange juice. Mmm.

Anuan
2009-08-23, 11:16 PM
Cake! "It's got milk, flour, eggs...nutrition!"(or something along those lines. bonus points if you get that reference!)

My ideal breakfast would be a few pancakes with REAL maple syrup, a few pieces of bacon, a pice of toast with marmalade or jam, and a peach, cut up in a bowl. Nice and simple.

"So I gave the kid a pieca chokkalit cake...a glassa grapefroot jooss..."
Bill Cosby :smallbiggrin:

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-23, 11:19 PM
Hm, not sure. I'm gonna have a chance to do some experimentation though, because I have to hang out at Denny's for two hours every morning before school once the school year begins. :smallannoyed:

shadowxknight
2009-08-23, 11:27 PM
I don't get breakfast since I usually wake up past noon :smallsigh:

skywalker
2009-08-23, 11:36 PM
*Loves that this was not quite necromancy*

I prefer waffles the way my mama makes them. Nice and big, but very fluffy and flavorful without anything added. You can eat them with your hands. Those, and a glass of chocolate milk. Made these this summer with mom and my girlfriend. It was awesome.

Typically, I eat 2 pieces of toast, lightly buttered; 3-6 pieces of bacon; and some sort of juice. It's still a pretty good way to start my day.

kestrel404
2009-08-24, 04:08 PM
When I'm eating out, I never have the same breakfast twice. I love variety.

When I'm home and feeling like treating myself or my wife I make:
A batch of crepes.
A half dozen eggs, some scrambled (the way I like it), some over easy (the way she likes it).
A pound of bacon, extra crispy.
A large, finely-grated potato with half an onion and half a bell pepper cooked in some of the bacon fat.

Put a crepe on a plate. Put an egg in the middle. Crumble on a slice and a half of bacon. Add a dollop of fresh hash-brown. Add grated chedar and condiments to taste (I eat mine as-is, my wife likes a bit of melted butter).

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-24, 04:20 PM
FULL ENGLISH (apologies if its already been said)

Bacon (proper, not that rectangular stuff Americans call bacon) xMany
Sausage xSeveral
Fired Egg x2
Tomatoes
Black Pudding
Fried Bread (Toast is acceptable is unavailable)
Mushrooms (if I'm in the mood)
NO BAKED BEANS!! Hate the things. :smallyuk:
Cup of Tea (milk no sugar)

Although failing that, a big bowl of sugar puffs with ice cold non-skimmed milk.

Luvly.

I saw curry on the front page, what is the matter with you people. Really? :smalltongue:

Ikialev
2009-08-24, 04:58 PM
I've been eating chocapics for 12 years of my life D;

Dragonrider
2009-08-24, 05:13 PM
"So I gave the kid a pieca chokkalit cake...a glassa grapefroot jooss..."
Bill Cosby :smallbiggrin:

"DAD IS GREAT! GIVES US CHOCOLATE CAKE!" Then... "MOM! He made us!"

arguskos
2009-08-24, 06:04 PM
Ok, so, like, my ideal brakkast is probably the following, all freshly made, of course:

One package spicy sausage and one package turkey bacon. These are mostly used for hashbrowns and omelets, but I like keeping a bit out and pure, just for nomming on it's own. :smallamused:
Hashbrowns, finely shredded, with cheese, sausage, and bacon mixed in. Top with ketchup, and you have a winner!
Pancakes, fluffy and awesome. I take mine with just butter and syrup.
A 2+ egg omelet, with cheese (jack and cheddar), bacon, spicy sausage, and hashbrowns (before everything is added) scrambled into it.
At least 4 English Muffins, toasted, with butter available. Ideally, seedless blackberry would also be on hand. Further, it is more than acceptable to have part of your omelet on said muffins.
A pitcher of orange juice, no pulp.
A pitcher of milk, 2%, white.
If the weather is cold, hot cocoa.

Right there, THAT'S how you have breakfast! Of course, that's also something like a $15 breakfast, it takes all morning to make, and is a disaster in the kitchen, but hell, it's totally worth doing! Every now and then. :smallwink: