PDA

View Full Version : Can a Spirit Shaman Turn Undead?

AdamSmasher
2009-07-22, 02:15 PM
I've got a Spirit Shaman, worshiper of Pelor if it helps, that I want to be a littl more effective at combating undead. Given the fluff behind spirit shaman and his patron deity, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine him extending his powers to corporeal undead as well.

The problem is, I don't want to take a cleric dip to get it.

I could swear there was a feat that let you turn undead, but I can't seem to find it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? A feat? A prestige class? Some way of making a cleric dip hurt less?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-07-22, 02:16 PM
2 levels of the prestige class Sacred Exorcist will do it.

RTGoodman
2009-07-22, 02:20 PM
Well, you can already turn Incorporeal Undead IIRC, since they're specifically listed under the "what are 'spirits'" section.

Now, for skeletons and zombies and such, you could either find one of several Divine PrCs that GRANT turning rather than advancing it. Consult the Lists of Stuff (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=662842) and then see what prerequisites you can meet.

Third, and probably easiest, is just to talk to your DM and see if you could homebrew a feat for Spirit Shamans that worship Pelor that allows them to use their shaman powers against corporeal undead, too.