PDA

View Full Version : Divine Crusader Domain

BenTheJester
2009-07-22, 06:43 PM
I'm making a BBEG for a friend's campaign, she will be a gestalt Knight//Divine Crusader with an insanely high charisma score(around +20 modifier)

She will fight the adventuring party(composition unknown) without any minions beside her flying construct mount(it's actually Skyshadow from Elder Evils)

She will also be wearing a special custom armor, a Mithral Full Plate that can cast a 3rd edition haste 3/day, with a long enough duration to last the whole fight.

Now what domain should the Divine Crusader use?

(she gets access to 9th level spells)

Frosty
2009-07-22, 07:00 PM
Divine Crusader? What class is that? That reminds me of a prestige class more than a base class, unless you're talking about ToB Crusader which doesn't get spellcasting.

RTGoodman
2009-07-22, 07:03 PM
Well, in general, War, Time, Trickery, Magic, and Spell are considered good ones. Strength would also work for the character, I suppose.

BenTheJester
2009-07-22, 07:13 PM
Divine Crusader? What class is that? That reminds me of a prestige class more than a base class, unless you're talking about ToB Crusader which doesn't get spellcasting.

It is a prestige class from CDiv.

The full build is Knight 20//Nymph 6/Paladin of Tyranny 5/Divine Crusader 9

I know it is not SUPER optimal(especially PoT 5), but I hate builds that have over 3 classes

Frosty
2009-07-22, 07:17 PM
I think you're forgetting the Nymph's LA of +7. The other side should only get like 7 class levels. However, if you're ignoring that, then perhaps choose a domain with good battlefield control spells? Remember she has a serious disadvantage in action economy, so her actions need to count, and she should try to divide and conquer.

Also a Nymph wearing full plate just seems...wrong somehow. I'd rule that covering up so much would disable her auto-blind effect :smallbiggrin:

BenTheJester
2009-07-22, 07:21 PM
I think you're forgetting the Nymph's LA of +7. The other side should only get like 7 class levels. However, if you're ignoring that, then perhaps choose a domain with good battlefield control spells? Remember she has a serious disadvantage in action economy, so her actions need to count, and she should try to divide and conquer.

Also a Nymph wearing full plate just seems...wrong somehow. I'd rule that covering up so much would disable her auto-blind effect :smallbiggrin:

No I voluntarly nullified any LA, she also has the Radiant template.

And she is wearing a myystiiiiicallll magiiiiicccc armor wwooooooooo

kabof
2009-07-22, 07:21 PM
You should try to mix Divine Crusader with the Sovereign Speaker (from Faiths of Eberron).