PDA

View Full Version : Eriadna the Wise, brainstorm on Character Build

Ossian
2009-07-23, 06:07 AM
Dear friends,

I am trying to stat Eriadna the Wise, Empress of Alphatia (Wrath of the Immortals Campaign, updated to 3.5). I am not sure whether there are official stats for her, but I gave the campaign so many twists (and PCs have met and interacted with Eriadna already 3 times) that I really need a personal version of this major (and recurring) NPC.

I had in mind something like a very aggressive type of spellcaster, somewhere near Epic (level 19-24), delving in highly forbidden lore. She is basically a heavily and permanently augmented Human of Cyprian origins (copper skinned alphatian) in her early 80s, who basically looks like a Light Skinned Alphatian (there is a racial dispute going on in the campaign), in her early 30s, in prime physical condition.

To give you an idea, in my first draft for the 2nd edition version I had in mind a Mage 36, with roughly these stats.

STR and DEX 18
CON 15

INT 17
WIS 17
CHA 18 - 22

And some basic swordplay and horseback riding proficiency, as well as a good knowledge of some arts and diplomacy. No pact with the devil or with aliens, just magically boosted genetic self re - engineering.

Magical youth would be VERY hard to dispel, and most augmentations are just as natural to her as having black hair or blue eyes, so it should not be possible to dispel or even to detect them.

So, can you suggest any build of classes / feats that would match this?

THANX

Ossian

Ossian
2009-07-24, 05:32 AM
Partly to "BUMP" the thread and partly to add a few considerations.

I have noticed on the d20 SRD that the "seeds" do help augmenting stats. However, it seems far too time consuming to go through the psionic. Any help on how I can just narrow down the search?

Also the "Wish" might grant an "inherent bonus" to a stat, from +1 to +5, paying lots of XP. Inherent I take it to mean that it just stays, it is permanent like the +1 of a sword. Am I correct?

This said, Eriadna has the services of the "Council of the 1000" available, so I guess she has plenty of Wizs to help her do the job. I am inclined to go "Wizard" for her, but I am still fascinated by the Sorecress ways.

O.

bosssmiley
2009-07-24, 10:34 AM
If you check the Rules Cyclopedia appendix for D&D > AD&D conversions you'll see that D&D levels count for 1/3rd after 12th level.

Wizard 36 in D&D = Wizard 20 in AD&D (the third "Poor Wizard's Almanac" supports this)

Build in 3E terms?
Wizard 7 / Mage of the Arcane Order 8 / Archmage 5 with a Batman spell load (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19085)
No real cheese, but the Arcane Order spellpool lets you pull out a few "How did she do that!?" tricks
No physical penalties from her aging, but all the mental boosts
Skills as required by the plot
Gear out the wazoo + all the trappings of a magocratic empire at her disposal
Special heritage would probably be a unique racial template or something...

Stat boosts from wishes are simple, no-strings-attached bonuses to your base stat. Once you have it you have it. By RAW you can planar bind efreet to grant you wishes from around level 11.