PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Which is canon?

Burley
2009-07-23, 07:36 AM
I was creating my awesome Deva Artificer on my finally working Character Builder, when I noticed some peculiar differences. Some of the differences I found answers for in the FAQ or errata. But one that I didn't find:
The Artificer gets Ritual Casting for free, and a ritual book. The EbPH says that he get Enchant Magic Item, Disenchant Magic Item, Brew Potion, and Make Whole. But, the Character Builder gives you Make Whole and the choice of any other ritual. Which is the truthiness? (I prefer the book's ruling, mind you.)

Yakk
2009-07-23, 08:18 AM
Character Builder is probably wrong. I base this off of "it is the first iteration", and many other ritual caster classes have that "1 + one of choice", so they might have been lazy.

Mauril Everleaf
2009-07-23, 09:09 AM
Also, the character builder may not be fully updated to the contents of the EPH. It's content is based on the playtest article from some time ago.

Burley
2009-07-23, 09:54 AM
No, it's content was updated on the 19th, to include the entire EbPH.

They need to release the next dragon article early, add it into the character builder NOW, and let me have my Mini-Warforged Familiar. (The one that lets you use Unseen Servant like it was... Prestidigitation... ideas...)

ocato
2009-07-23, 10:00 AM
The Character Builder is commonly wrong and/or bugged. Either just go with the book or ask your DM if you think he'll crack open the Character Builder and be confused/upset.

Starsinger
2009-07-23, 12:42 PM
Just add the extra rituals to your ritual book.

Asbestos
2009-07-23, 02:39 PM
No, it's content was updated on the 19th, to include the entire EbPH.

They need to release the next dragon article early, add it into the character builder NOW, and let me have my Mini-Warforged Familiar. (The one that lets you use Unseen Servant like it was... Prestidigitation... ideas...)

Ah, so you went with the summoner homunculus, most excellent. At-will, standard action Unseen Servant. Remember, you can only have one at a time that way though (still damn useful)

Burley
2009-07-23, 02:54 PM
No Joke, Asbestos. Unseen Servant is tight already. Getting it for free is unbe-freaking-lievably tight. It's like having Mage Hand+, or having two familiars.