PDA

View Full Version : troll hunting

2009-07-23, 03:54 PM
so, in a hypothetical scenario where you have to get rid of a bunch of trolls, but there are no authorities to go to, or maybe they even are the authorities, violence is not an option, and simply ignoring it or leaving is not an option, how do you deal with it? is there a way?

Renegade Paladin
2009-07-23, 04:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/RenegadePaladin/trollbooth.jpg

?

Vmag
2009-07-23, 04:02 PM
The term "don't feed the troll" is trite and elitist to the extreme, but, taken to human levels, that's really the best option. You can humor them perhaps, but treating them no different than an exceptionally silly member or one on his bad days removes much of the unapproachability to it.

Trolls are out for a rise no matter how you react, so why not have them pull up a seat?

Pointing them out though... Ugh. In my experience, complaining that someone else is a "troll" is annoying and embarrassing for the rest of us. I don't know if it gets a reaction from a troll or not, but it's just annoying. Often times, I find that people simply call "troll" during any disagreement or if they're calling the kettle black.

MethosH
2009-07-23, 04:05 PM
Are you talking about he Troll from Monkey Island? :smallconfused:

Alteran
2009-07-23, 04:05 PM
Do you mean the actual D&D trolls? Big green guys with funny noses who hate fire and acid?

Froogleyboy
2009-07-23, 04:13 PM
Im confused

Icewalker
2009-07-23, 04:21 PM
I do believe he is in fact talking about fantasy trolls. Not forum trolls. I can't imagine how one would consider violence a possible solution to forum trolls, that'd just be way too much trouble. ...I think he is, at least...

Gorgondantess
2009-07-23, 04:23 PM
Or do you mean these guys?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Wizard_troll_doll-low_res.jpg

Are you being hunted by troll dolls? :smalleek:

I can't lie to you about your chances, but ... you have my sympathies.

Indeed. Things are friggin' scary, man.:smalleek:

Vmag
2009-07-23, 04:23 PM
I do believe he is in fact talking about fantasy trolls. Not forum trolls. I can't imagine how one would consider violence a possible solution to forum trolls, that'd just be way too much trouble. ...I think he is, at least...

Clearly by posting such a scathing, demoralizing rebuttal that their computer blows up on them.

Either that or tracking them down and grabbing some bats. Some folks just got expendable time to spend.

FoE
2009-07-23, 04:24 PM
I do believe he is in fact talking about fantasy trolls. Not forum trolls.

No ... not D&D trolls ...

... Troll dolls.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Wizard_troll_doll-low_res.jpg

I can't lie to you about your chances, but ... you have my sympathies.

Mando Knight
2009-07-23, 05:17 PM
I hear they usually avoid sunlight, fire, and acid.

Here, have my #1 solution to vampires and trolls:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/70/383Groudon.png

kpenguin
2009-07-23, 05:19 PM
I hear they usually avoid sunlight, fire, and acid.

Here, have my #1 solution to vampires and trolls:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/70/383Groudon.png

Tha's good until groudon runs out of pp for its attacks.

Then its buggered.

Mando Knight
2009-07-23, 05:24 PM
Yes, but it doesn't need to attack vampires. Just summon it, and then any vampires that try to attack you will get incinerated by the overbearing sunlight that pierces even mountain walls. Also, it's big, scary, and has gigantic claws.

kpenguin
2009-07-23, 05:24 PM
It can't use those claws if it runs out of PP for slash.

Mando Knight
2009-07-23, 05:31 PM
Which is why you pack his sunlight-loving pals:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/7/76/Spr_4d_392.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/1/14/Spr_4d_006.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/3/31/Spr_4d_485.png

FoE
2009-07-23, 05:38 PM
GitP used Thread Derail!

It's Super Effective!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-23, 05:42 PM
But Zeb is cool...and I'm sure his fellow troll buddies are too!

TheBST
2009-07-23, 06:37 PM
so, in a hypothetical scenario where you have to get rid of a bunch of trolls...

Get some billygoats. Never fails.

Calamity
2009-07-23, 06:58 PM
Which is why you pack his sunlight-loving pals:

Or, you could just use Elixirs. Problem solved.

Llama231
2009-07-23, 07:13 PM
Or, you could just use Elixirs. Problem solved.

But elixirs are a non-renewable resource. :smallconfused:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-07-23, 08:17 PM
Unless you have a time machine.

Anyway, the best way to keep trolls at bay all day is to purchase a Troll Repellent Necklace from Fullbladder Manufactoring's fine line of Pest Repellent products. More everyday use than Fullbladder Manufactoring's Canned Inferno Anti-Troll Aerosal Canisters, the Troll Repellent Necklace can be worn at any occasion. It's quite simple, really. The engineers of Fullbladder Manufactoring's research and development lab have looped several decorative canisters, each containing a different ingredient or chemical that field studies have shown trolls hate1 onto a simple necklace of sun cord along with a few attractive charms and a genetic scanner primed to monitor troll activity in the surrounding area. If a troll comes within twelve feet of the person wearing the necklace, the scanner automatically activates the unique properties of the sun cord to utilize the many ingredients attached to it, instantly repelling the troll! Great fun for the entire family!2 This is another wonderful product from Fullbladder Manufactoring. If we don't make it, you don't need it!

1Nitroglycerin, Hydrogen, Sulfuric Acid, Bolsalmic Acid, Canned Inferno, Other Trolls, and other similiar items.

2Keep out of reach of children. Fullbladder Manufactoring is not responsible for burns, maulings, back pain, or accidental death. You should not wear the Troll Repellent Necklace if you are pregnant or intend on living a full and happy life. If you wear the Troll Repellent Necklace for more than four days without experiencing burns, maulings, back pain, or accidental death, please return the product to your local Fullbladder Manufactoring outlet store for a partial refund. We are not responsible for people buying this thing as a gift.

Blue Ghost
2009-07-23, 09:24 PM
But elixirs are a non-renewable resource. :smallconfused:

Try Leppa Berries. Totally renewable.
This thread has become a discussion of Pokemon mechanics. Wow. I don't know whether to :smallbiggrin: or :smallconfused:.

Mando Knight
2009-07-23, 09:29 PM
Try Leppa Berries. Totally renewable.
This thread has become a discussion of Pokemon mechanics. Wow. I don't know whether to :smallbiggrin: or :smallconfused:.

Or a level 91+ Meowth/other Pokemon with Pickup. 3% chance of randomly finding a Max Elixir. Run around on your bike for a couple thousand steps.

Blackjackg
2009-07-23, 09:32 PM
Get some billygoats. Never fails.

Seconded. Goats are the industry standard for getting rid of trolls.

Mando Knight
2009-07-23, 09:51 PM
The industry's gold standard are billygoat siblings named "Gruff," if I remember correctly.

Mr.Moron
2009-07-23, 11:43 PM
Remote control goat that can move 25% faster than the trolls, or real goat tied to remote control truck of the same speed.

Phase
2009-07-23, 11:59 PM
rcon ban <playername>

Zeb The Troll
2009-07-24, 12:37 AM
The Three Billy Goats Gruff is a gimmick put out there by the goat industrial complex. In point of fact, goats don't pay us Trolls any mind at all so long as they have a lawn to eat and the occasional tin can (which is increasingly hard to come by these days, I might add). Mine even lets me wear his beard on date nights. :smallcool:

EDIT:
@V - mmmmm, sammich

Alarra
2009-07-24, 12:43 AM
"don't feed the troll"

No, no...see, if you're actually hunting for a troll, feeding them is a rather good option, cause then they'll keep coming back and are easier to catch.

*offers Zeb a sammich*

See how nice and well he stays now? Easy hunting...