PDA

View Full Version : The LOST British Commercial

Nevermind
2006-10-10, 09:56 AM
If you have seen it, you probably have wondered what some of the symbolism was. Me, being nothing but a bonehead, only found one bit of controvercial symbolism: Locke was conducting with a bent conductor's baton. He was once a co-leader, but became obsessed, but still tried to lead anyway... Symbolism?

Let the discussion commence!

Silly_Bean
2006-10-11, 04:11 AM
I don't have a tv licence so don't watch the tv and have not seen the advert. HOWEVER, I've brought season 1 and season 2.1 on dvd - it's actually quite scary when you watch the episodes one after the other.

Is the ad for season 3? I'm kinda apprehensive about season 3 because I'm worried the storyline might trail off into mush. What season is playing on tv at the mo?

I love Lost to bits - especially Sayid although if you want a laugh, watch Bride and Predjudice. He executes some rather niffty footwork in a Bollywood style dance. :o

Nevermind
2006-10-11, 11:43 AM
You can get lost free on the net!

Here's (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index) the link. You'll have to do some traveling, but it's a cool site altogether.

The commercial can be found on YouTube. Lemme dig up another link... (apparently there are alot of them...) Watch them in THIS order!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04h5Du9_mIc

^^ The coolest one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vc1oEJUxks

^^ Not as good as the first, but cool all the same.

You should watch them. Have you watched all of the Lost season 2?

EDIT: It's playing 3. Today they're playing episode 2 of season 3, though I'm watching it tomorrow.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-11, 01:28 PM
You can get lost free on the net!

I know but i think it's cheating (please bear in mind this is coming from someone who watched the season 4 and part of season 5 of scrubs on you tube). Anyway, i prefer the quality of dvd's.

The commercial can be found on YouTube. Lemme dig up another link... (apparently there are alot of them...) Watch them in THIS order!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04h5Du9_mIc

^^ The coolest one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vc1oEJUxks

^^ Not as good as the first, but cool all the same.

I was lying before, I have seen those adverts - must have seen them when at my 'rents house

As foir the original question of symbolism. There may be a few hints as to the storyline. (remember i have not seen the second half of season 2 or any of season 3 yet. But [spolier for those who haven't seen it yet] Boone and Emily are dancong together and thery didn't have a relationship did they? It could have been in the line-up but then they decided to knock him off. Quite right too in my opinion.

Also in relation to Locke, the kid - forgot his name - is also waving a bent stick. Locke influencing him maybe? They were quite close before he was taken.[/spoiler]

What do you think?

Athanatos
2006-10-11, 06:29 PM
Spoily spoily:

That's actually Shannon that Boone's dancing with. Makes sense. Claire (not Emily, that's the name of the actress) is the one who's sort of wandering around and eventually sits down in the plane wreckage at the very end.

Nevermind
2006-10-11, 11:24 PM
I'll join the bandwagon!(spoils, me hearties!)
Also, Charlie is dancing unelegantly, unlike the others. Maybe it is his addiction to crack, maybe it will set him apart from the others.

Hurley is walking alone and aimlessly. Maybe Libbie will die or something.

Michael is stumbling wackwards in unkempt clothes and a suitcase. Maybe his appearence sumbolizes everyone's view of him, and he is just going to stumble back to the island?

In one part, Sun spins over to Michael. Maybe Sun is having a secret relationship with Michael, and it is HIS baby?

Kate keeps moving between Sawyer and Jack, but she is more intimate with Sawer. Maybe she will choose him?

Kate begins to fall alone near the end of the second commercial. Maybe she can't support herself, she needs a significant other to support her.

In one clip, Shannon is falling, signifying death. Maybe it means Sayid was theere, but unable to keep her from falling, and Boone was unable to even help, as he was dead at the time of Shannon's death.

End spoilies.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-12, 09:47 AM
Sorry I'm poo at remebering actors/actresses names and characters.

Spoiler - In reference to Nevermind's comment on Hurley being alone, the other 'tailies' aren't there either. I'm assuming they are still around..... end spolier

Caillach
2006-10-12, 10:26 PM
Now here's a question: John Locke, does he have anything to do with the Philosopher John Locke (1632-1704), or do their names just happen to be the same?

Silly_Bean
2006-10-13, 07:47 AM
Well some of Locke's philosophies were to do with society.

Locke argued that unlimited government leads to abuses and that government should be from the people and that it should be limited so as not to violate the natural rights of people. Locke states that the entire population has the right to punish an offender so that he will not commit the crime again and so that others will be deterred from moral law breaking. If the state turned itself into a tyranny, Locke argued in favor of a right of rebellion.

(lifted straight from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_nature)

Does that sound like Locke-of-lost-fame? I think it does a bit.

Jibar
2006-10-13, 11:34 AM
Oh boy Lost. I love the program, but half way during the second series I stopped watching.
I might go out and get both seasons on DvD. Have a Lost weekend.

Athanatos
2006-10-13, 06:34 PM
Interestingly enough, we also have characters with surnames Rousseau and Hume. The named-after-philosophers thing definitely isn't coincidental.

Caillach
2006-10-13, 09:21 PM
Interestingly enough, we also have characters with surnames Rousseau and Hume. The named-after-philosophers thing definitely isn't coincidental.

Who? I missed that.

Nevermind
2006-10-13, 10:42 PM
Rousseau = crazy french chick

Hume = Huh?

Athanatos
2006-10-13, 11:24 PM
Spoiler:

Hume = Desmond. To those who haven't watched the end of Season 2 yet... don't worry about it.

Caillach
2006-10-15, 09:53 PM
Oh, Right! Those guy's.
Hmmm. This requires further pondering.