PDA

View Full Version : Need to remember the name of a program

toddex
2009-07-23, 05:41 PM
I have an issue with needing the drivers to a generic webcam that has no model # or any text on it at all.

Years ago I remember using a BAD ASS program that would tell you EVERYTHING about your computer, model #, chipset, including WHAT WAS PLUGGED IN TO THE USB PORTS! For the life of me i cant remember the name of it.

Hannes
2009-07-23, 05:42 PM
Maybe EVEREST?

toddex
2009-07-23, 05:46 PM
I think that was it, im downloading now to give it a shot.

toddex
2009-07-23, 05:50 PM
Well that WAS the program I remember, unfortunately it gave me the same thing everything else has. USB CAMERA

MethosH
2009-07-23, 05:54 PM
First let me give you the same adivice some people gave a long time ago
"Don't double post! You fool!"
Second... what you are trying to do? Install a driver? You really don't need that kind of program most times.

toddex
2009-07-23, 06:46 PM
First let me give you the same adivice some people gave a long time ago
"Don't double post! You fool!"
Second... what you are trying to do? Install a driver? You really don't need that kind of program most times.

No im actually trying to identify this camera so I can find the proper drivers for it. The only way I can go about doing this now is to totally destroy it by taking it apart, which will destroy it because its GLUED together.

Lupy
2009-07-23, 06:50 PM
If you use Windows, get the generic webcam drivers, I believe there are some. If you have Linux you're probably out of luck, I'm sorry to say. :smallfrown:

MethosH
2009-07-23, 06:53 PM
Your camera don't have any numbers or the name of the company? :smallconfused:

Well.. I know what program you are talking about.. but I can't remember the name either :smallbiggrin:

Crispy Dave
2009-07-23, 09:22 PM
Maybe Sandra?

http://www.sisoftware.net/