PDA

View Full Version : Saga Edition questions

Argoti
2009-07-23, 11:05 PM
New to the game, as is everyone but the GM, and had some questions about where to go with my character and how to get other people involved in starship portions.

I'm a Bothan Scoundrel 2, others include Wookie Soldier (and, because he didn't show up to first session and made me make his character, he owes a lifedebt to me), Human Scoundrel (With Force Sensitivity, probably going Jedi eventually... GM didn't want any level 1 Jedi's) and Human Scout.

Campaign is set 250 BBY, and looks like it's going to be fairly startship combat heavy. I'm the pilot, other scoundrel is copilot, and the other 2 are gunners (have a light freighter starship, haven't seen a picture but imagine very much ripping off the Falcon without being a YT) but our last session we mostly flew defensively (Huge capitalship and some evil fighters we had to get by) So the gunners pretty much did nothing the whole time (the one round we tried to take on the fighters we lost half our HP)

So... what should I go for? Thinking eventually atleast 2, maybe 3 levels of Ace Pilot, and maybe 2 levels Gunslinger. Also, what are some good Scoundrel talents? So far have Disruptive (for Walk the Line, next level)

And also, is there anything the gunners could be doing while we're running for our lives? Cause I'm seeing quite a bit of that in our future.

Books are Core, Starships of the Galaxy, and Clone Wars Campaign setting.

NPCMook
2009-07-23, 11:18 PM
While it takes 9 levels to pull off you could have a pretty bad ass squadron under your control. You'll have 3 members who have Point blank shot, Toughness, and Coordinated Fire. Two additional levels in either Noble, Scout, or Soldier will give you special commands for your followers. I think there is a talent or a feat in the book that allows your followers to make an opportunity attack against an enemy who attacks you directly.

Also if you are desperate for a ship take a level in noble and grab the Wealth talent for 5000xlevel credits per level

Argoti
2009-07-23, 11:23 PM
Ship's already ours (or will be, came from a group we thought was the Jedi, but might not be, as the Jedi we met last session had no idea we were coming/there) and would the feat help if we were all if the same ship? I'm sure that'd pretty much mean they each got a AoO.

Mando Knight
2009-07-23, 11:35 PM
Pretty sure ships don't get Attacks of Opportunity...

Argoti
2009-07-23, 11:41 PM
Well... our GM apparently thinks they did... almost got the ship destroyed when trying to fly under that ship... Natural 20 on an ion attack... wasn't pretty...

NPCMook
2009-07-23, 11:49 PM
1)No ships do not get AoO
2)Punishing Protection is the Talent I was looking for; one of your followers may make an immediant Melee or Ranged attack against the target that attacked you. Until the beginning of your next turn any time someone attacks you one of your followers can attack the attacking target. You can only do this once an encounter.