PDA

View Full Version : Chad Vader

Kriel
2006-10-12, 07:51 AM
Didn't see a post about this yet.

Chad Vader is one of my new all-time favorite online shorts. I won't spoil anything, but go to www.splu.net and click on Chad Vader in the bar on the left side of the screen. That, or just search for Chad Vader on YouTube. Please do share what you think about it. Also, Episode 4 had better not be the last one. Such a cool series should not end on such a depressing note.

ray53208
2006-10-12, 09:14 AM
Chad Vader ROCKS!

why is nearly every fan-made star wars things better than the actual "authorized" prequels"?

what a clif hanger huh? i cant wait for part five.

ray
8)

Ryshan Ynrith
2006-10-12, 11:30 AM
Don't have the time to watch right now, but speaking of fan-made SW stuff:

http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp?pg=chapter1

Closet_Skeleton
2006-10-13, 03:42 AM
Chad Vader ROCKS!

why is nearly every fan-made star wars things better than the actual "authorized" prequels"?

You just haven't seen the entirity of the dregs yet. It just follows Sturgeon's Revelation. There's only one George Lucas so he has a 10% chance of making a good film. Their are thousands of fan films so 10% of them WILL be good.

ray53208
2006-10-13, 07:40 PM
the animated clone wars was great. kotor was great. admiral thrawn was great.

the prequels. well... i feel like that scene in the godfather 2. i walk across a crowded ballroom in havana over to george lucas. i grab him by the face and kiss him full on the face. then, with his head held firmly in both my shaking hands, i say "i know it was you! you broke my heart! you broke my heart!"

then my childhood is killed on the lake while it was fishing.

leave the metaclorians. take the canole.

ray
8)

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-27, 11:22 PM
It really puts Darth Vader as a sympathetic character.... I wonder if they would do something about the star wars series in the point of view of Darth Vader as the hero?

Gamebird
2006-11-03, 11:12 AM
I always wondered what happened after the Rebellion won. The empire is shattered now into a dozen or a hundred factions and every planet will erupt into civil war. So much for the victory.

Cubey
2006-11-03, 11:22 AM
I always wondered what happened after the Rebellion won. The empire is shattered now into a dozen or a hundred factions and every planet will erupt into civil war. So much for the victory.

Not really, but it's still quite far from peaceful, and Empire isn't defeated either. I strongly suggest reading T. Zahn's "Heir to the Empire" trilogy.

Gamebird
2006-11-03, 11:37 AM
Yes, I read Zahn's trilogy. I was speaking more about the canon. Lucas presents the viewers with this picture of the universe, with the Empire in control and the Empire being evil. Then along comes the Rebellion and destroys the Empire. This is portrayed as a wonderful thing without any on-camera indication of why. Not only do we not get to see what was evil about the Empire (other than the particular guy in charge), but we don't get to see what's so good about the replacement.

WampaX
2006-11-03, 11:59 AM
Yes, I read Zahn's trilogy. I was speaking more about the canon. Lucas presents the viewers with this picture of the universe, with the Empire in control and the Empire being evil. Then along comes the Rebellion and destroys the Empire. This is portrayed as a wonderful thing without any on-camera indication of why. Not only do we not get to see what was evil about the Empire (other than the particular guy in charge), but we don't get to see what's so good about the replacement.

Wait, I thought the books were canon? Lucasfilm reviewed, stamp of approval and all that.

Running from information portrayed in episodes IV, V, and VI -
Blowing up a planet as a means of coersion seems kinda evil. We come to know the people that work and operate in the Rebellion and they seem to be people that won't blow up planets. That puts them ahead of the Empire in my book.

Gamebird
2006-11-03, 02:25 PM
Wait, I thought the books were canon? Lucasfilm reviewed, stamp of approval and all that.

Running from information portrayed in episodes IV, V, and VI -
Blowing up a planet as a means of coersion seems kinda evil. We come to know the people that work and operate in the Rebellion and they seem to be people that won't blow up planets. That puts them ahead of the Empire in my book.

The emperor and Darth Vader are shown as clearly evil. I didn't get the feeling from the movie that the Rebellion had anything better to replace the Empire with. Were they going to re-institute the Old Republic? Obviously the Rebellion had a lot going on behind the scenes that the viewer didn't see. That fleet of ships came from somewhere. They had bases on all sorts of different planets.

I suppose that's what's fueled all the books - the speculation about what-if.

And did Lucas agree the Zahn trilogy was canon? I know he did at one point, but I thought as of the making of episode I he said that was null and void and he was going to ignore anything else ever written.

WampaX
2006-11-03, 02:38 PM
I suppose that's what's fueled all the books - the speculation about what-if.

And did Lucas agree the Zahn trilogy was canon? I know he did at one point, but I thought as of the making of episode I he said that was null and void and he was going to ignore anything else ever written.

Actually what fueled all the books (from Zahn on) was the West End Games roleplaying game (whose materials were also approved by Lucasfilm). Lucasfilm comissioned Zahn to kickstart the Star War franchise again and to help him along, they handed him WEG books and adventures and said "Go from here." Zahn laid the groundwork for the entirety of the Expanded Universe (non-film canon) with what he used from the WEG materials and what he created for his trilogy combined with what was already known in the films.

The Zahn trilogy is really one of the high points of the Star Wars media out there. It wouldn't surprise me if Lucas has erased it from his version of the Star Wars universe, but I don't think that he has.

If you want to know what happens right after the Battle of Endor, and the first steps toward a galactic peace, pick up the Truce at Bakura. Its a good read, too.

Gamebird
2006-11-03, 02:43 PM
Truce at Bakura, eh? I'll add that to my read-eventually list.