PDA

View Full Version : Spore - Thread 2: Galactic Adventures and Other Related Things

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-24, 11:31 AM
I remember a Spore thread in this forum from some time ago, but it looks like it fell off the radar. With the release of galactic adventures, I've been sparked enough by spore to start this thread up. Sharing adventures, captains, and other related materials would be optimal, since we can assume most of what will be posted here will be decent material- that is, not stupid little sticks with arms, legs, and other parts sticking out of them.

This thread could probably be used most effectively for both getting your adventures out in the public eyes, as well as requesting props, creatures, or vehicles from your fellow playgrounder. At the moment, I've yet to really finish a galactic adventure, but I'm in the process of doing so, and I'd like some feedback from everyone on how it sounds.

The premise of my current adventure is a labyrinth. You are sent to a spaceport, where you are debriefed on your mission, before being sent up to the palace of bulls, where you speak to Minos- the King of the Island. He asks you to kill the Minovir- his stepson, born by his mother- and abomination which is half bull, and half man. The creature emerges from the labyrinth every year demanding a sacrifice of a bull maiden, and has demanded the king's own daughter this year. You're sent to navigate the labyrinth, find the Minovir, and slay it. The maze is built with many tunnel objects, pieced together to form a complex maze- complete with roofs, which means no flying over any of it. However, since it'd be god-awful to wander around the maze aimlessly searching for the center, I'm thinking of adding in that a scout had navigated the maze some years ago, but ran when he laid eyes on the Minovir. Perhaps he left directions to navigate the maze in a secret chamber, and you can speak to him and follow clues he left to get to the chamber.

Does this sound interesting? Would anyone play it?

And I'd also like some cool creatures, vehicles, adventures, and buildings to be posted, just so we could get some sort of cool community of awesome stuff going on. We could subscribe to each other's cool sporecasts, as well, to make them popular enough to possibly reach the public eye.

Optimystik
2009-07-24, 12:09 PM
Will there be penis-monsters?

MickJay
2009-07-24, 12:24 PM
You can always add some later on...

could be fun, I'd give it a try, but I won't be spending money on any Spore expansions (or any other games for that matter) anytime soon.

Lord Loss
2009-07-24, 05:06 PM
Neat Adventure! I'm getting the expansion soon.

Stormthorn
2009-07-24, 07:17 PM
You can always add some later on...

could be fun, I'd give it a try, but I won't be spending money on any Spore expansions (or any other games for that matter) anytime soon.

Spore was really fun. Untl i hit space phase. After doing this for four or five different species and realizing the problems wouldnt go away i stopped playing.

So i have similar views to the guy im quoting. It sounds fun, but im not spending money on it until i see how it pans out and the price falls.

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-24, 07:31 PM
Well, it feels like a totally different game. As long as you know where to look for adventures, they can be really fun. I felt the same way with the regular game (though cell and civ are still really fun), but GA is sweet. Look into reviews for the game, or try a trial to see if you want it.

Jahkaivah
2009-07-24, 07:38 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard there's now a patch which allows you to make asymetircal monsters.

Actually I'm surprised I haven't tried it yet, because that opens up so many cool things to do.

Yrcrazypa
2009-07-25, 07:20 AM
I highly enjoyed Spore and didn't really see the problem people had with it. May have to pick this up, as well as the previous one, if they go on sale for cheap together.

MickJay
2009-07-25, 07:48 AM
By the way, has anyone had the patience to get rid of the Grox in their game yet?

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-25, 10:24 AM
Never get rid of entirely, but my brother punched through them and I allied with them. Allying with them makes for a very interesting rest of the game. You get a super partner spaceship, but everyone else hates you; the only people you can keep from killing you are the people you've established to be your tight allies. It's fun being able to just convert planets without a care, though, in places your allies are not. I did that a lot around the Grox fringe.

Wreckingrocc
2009-08-06, 01:42 AM
Well, I know it's been about two weeks without posts, but if anyone cares I finished a quick little Clark and Stanley Adventure; the labyranth is coming along brilliantly on the side. Anyone who wants a quick laugh with some (relatively) dark humor can play through it.

:smallbiggrin:

Clark and Stanley Join a Cult (http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ftr-adventure%3Asast-500418826989%3Aview-newest)

Be sure to log in and download it to play.

Jimorian
2009-08-06, 01:48 AM
I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard there's now a patch which allows you to make asymetircal monsters.

Oooh, a vanishingly thin excuse to post this:

"My parents visited the planet without bilateral symmetry and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt."

:smalltongue:

Wreckingrocc
2009-08-06, 01:53 AM
Oooh, a vanishingly thin excuse to post this:

"My parents visited the planet without bilateral symmetry and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt."

:smalltongue::D I lol'd.