PDA

View Full Version : Did Mitd help O-Chul with that list?

Angelus-alvus
2009-07-24, 11:47 AM
I think it was him, because O-Chul seemed to not wanting to reveal yet that his information came from one of Xykon's lackeys.
That's just what I think.

Optimystik
2009-07-24, 11:50 AM
I doubt the MitD could help with a shopping list, much less what O-Chul did.

What I do find interesting is that the Giant's take on verbal components has really reduced the necessity of Spellcraft ranks.

NerfTW
2009-07-24, 11:57 AM
I don't see any not wanting to reveal there. I'm sure by "speculation", he meant that he has no concrete proof, probably because he was asking the MitD, who would likely tell him since he wouldn't see anything wrong with it. And the fact that the MitD can be swayed to befriend O'Chul isn't something that he'd want to hide. That's extremely helpful and useful information.

"Hey, so one of Xykon's lackeys, that giant creature you saw, is very childlike and not evil for the sake of evil. When we figure out what it is, we might be able to turn it to our side."

Kish
2009-07-24, 12:00 PM
I'm sure by "speculation", he meant that he has no concrete proof,
I'm inclined to think he meant that since Xykon didn't yell out the names of his feats, O-Chul had to speculate about what most of them were. "Hm, that's definitely Maximize Spell, but was he just lucky there, or was that Great Fortitude?"

pflare
2009-07-24, 12:32 PM
If the MitD did help O-Chul then I think it was by accident. Not that MitD wouldn't help O-Chul if he'd been asked but he may have just told a story to O-Chul that involved Xykon using Cloud Kill or something like that.

factotum
2009-07-24, 02:05 PM
I agree with pflare there. The MitD is way too simple to be able to document all Xykon's spells and powers that way, but O-Chul could easily be interpreting some innocent stories the Monster told him to figure out more information. Of course, O-Chul was prisoner of Xykon for months, and was regularly tortured and otherwise abused by the lich during that time--it would be surprising if he hadn't learned a few of Xykon's spells simply by the method of getting hit by them! (We've actually SEEN him get hit by Ray of Frost, Meteor Swarm and Mass Hold Person).

Draz74
2009-07-24, 02:57 PM
What I do find interesting is that the Giant's take on verbal components has really reduced the necessity of Spellcraft ranks.

Well, metagaming sure helps too. I mean, I don't think Haley has Spellcraft, but she still knew Orb of Lightning wasn't Core, and just the verbal component wouldn't help with that! :smalltongue: It only makes sense that O-chul would know what these spells are when all the characters know about Skill Points, Attacks of Opportunity, Feats, and so forth.

sam79
2009-07-24, 04:08 PM
Lets also remember the O-Chul had been de-briefed with the help of Hinjo and his wisest seers. I presume that it is the seer who put the levels to the spells and worked out the likely feats/magic items from what O-Chul described.

lord of kobolds
2009-07-25, 11:45 AM
If the MitD did help O-Chul then I think it was by accident. Not that MitD wouldn't help O-Chul if he'd been asked but he may have just told a story to O-Chul that involved Xykon using Cloud Kill or something like that.

This seems unlikely to me. MITD wouldn't know what the spells were, despite Xykon shouting them, so O-Chul would only have the descriptions to go by. Since O-Chul doesn't have ranks in spellcraft, hewouldn't know what the spells were. Furthermore, the relationship the two had seemed to have less of them telling stories, and more of them just playing go.

Nimrod's Son
2009-07-26, 12:23 AM
This seems unlikely to me. MITD wouldn't know what the spells were, despite Xykon shouting them, so O-Chul would only have the descriptions to go by.
That's not necessarily true. He knows enough to identify cleric spells, at least. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0431.html)

Starscream
2009-07-26, 05:00 AM
I think :mitd: would wonder why O-Chul isn't interested in Xykon's brothers at all.