PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica (possible spoilers)

soozenw
2006-08-22, 08:38 PM
okay, so i'm totally obsessed with the new bsg. waiting until october for season 3 is killing me. seing richard hatch and jamie bamber (yummy) at gencon didn't help!

does anyone else watch this show or is it just me? and who else do you think is a cylon?? ???

Logic
2006-08-22, 09:10 PM
OH that show is SO my favorite. when it came out on DVD i had to have it.
Still waiting on the second half of the 2nd season to show up on DVD though, and i'm partial to Grace Park (wow) myself

Midnight Son
2006-08-22, 10:15 PM
Probably aughta (Spoiler) this thread.

I never manage to catch it on Sci-Fi, but I own the DVD's and love them. Did season 2 not end with them going to rescue Helo and Tyrol? If not, I want to see it before I watch season 3, which I will be DVRing.

Personally, I go more for Katee Sackhoff. Warrior women just do it for me.

Jack Squat
2006-08-22, 10:22 PM
It's proabably just me, but doesn't it seem that whenever the ratings are starting to drop they make someone else a cylon?

Maybe I'm just sore from them turning Starbuck into a girl :-/

Beleriphon
2006-08-23, 12:53 AM

I never manage to catch it on Sci-Fi, but I own the DVD's and love them. Did season 2 not end with them going to rescue Helo and Tyrol? If not, I want to see it before I watch season 3, which I will be DVRing.

No, the Helo/Tyrol rescue was the end of Season 2.0, 2.5 picks up after that. The DVD set for Season 2 is broken into two parts. Its a bugger. Its just gets crazier after episode eleven of season two, very political and very heavy.

Logic
2006-08-23, 10:51 PM
The Show is supposed to resume in October, although without its strong lead in of both the Stargate Franchises, I am unsure as to how well it will be doing.
If they do try to cancell the show though, I will be on the bandwagon of letter writing that hopefully keeps it on the air.

soozenw
2006-08-24, 06:54 AM
they already cancelled it once. after season 1. it was the fans that rallied to bring it back.

thank god.

Beleriphon
2006-08-24, 03:01 PM
they already cancelled it once. after season 1. it was the fans that rallied to bring it back.

thank god.

It wasn't cancelled, it was consistently Sci-Fi's highest rated show. It just had a really short first season.

Mr._Blinky
2006-08-25, 12:18 AM

Yeah, season 2 extends for another bunch of episodes after that. The season finale is SO good, especially the very end.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-26, 01:04 AM
Definitely more of Season 2 for you to see. The season 2 ending is a huge shock, even more so than the mid-season send off. In fact, it's probably bigger than the end of Season 1.

As for losing Stargate, I think it will have an impact, but I'm not sold on it being as big as some predict. I only watched the Stargates because Galactica followed them, to be perfectly honest, and many Galactica fans I know didn't bother with them at all. I'm still sad to see SG-1 go, mind you, but Galactica is really the draw from where I sit.

This version of BSG, happily enough, has no history of threatened cancellation and a subsequent fan push to bring it back. It hasn't needed it. It was initially unclear whether or not the two-part miniseries would lead to a full blown series or not, but it went so well the series got greenlighted pretty quick.

Muz
2006-08-29, 06:03 PM
I haven't watched it since the end of the first season (and don't really plan to watch 2 or 3), but I'm curious- have they explained yet just what the Cylon agenda is and why they keep pretending to try to kill the human fleet?

Mr._Blinky
2006-08-29, 11:04 PM
I haven't watched it since the end of the first season (and don't really plan to watch 2 or 3), but I'm curious- have they explained yet just what the Cylon agenda is and why they keep pretending to try to kill the human fleet?

Partially. But the show only gets weirder and weirder as Season 2 progresses. Weirder in a good way though.

waspsmakejam
2006-09-01, 08:18 AM
and who else do you think is a cylon?? ???

From my observations of Season 2, any guest star that's played a major role in another "cult" show is a Cylon. ;D

Beleriphon
2006-09-03, 03:16 AM
It's proabably just me, but doesn't it seem that whenever the ratings are starting to drop they make someone else a cylon?

Maybe I'm just sore from them turning Starbuck into a girl :-/

Hasn't had a rating drop yet. As for who's a Cylon, everybody is a Cylon! That or it turns out that its all just a dream that some autistic kid had. Thats the ticket. :)

Matthew
2006-09-03, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Battle Star Galactica is pretty much my favourite show of the moment, competing with Babylon 5 (series 1-4, not damn series 5) to be my favourite all time Sci Fi series (I haven't finished watching Firefly yet).

Sadly, here in Britain it's going to be January before series 3 reaches Sky One.

The 10 part Web series is a little strange, but I'm looking forward to September 5:

http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galactica-2003/battlestar-galactica-the-resistance-web-series/episode/828222/summary.html

As long as things don't go Matrix-esq, I think I will keep watching for a good long while yet.

For all those confused as to the episode sequence, see below:

http://epguides.com/BattlestarGalactica/

TheChris
2006-09-04, 01:09 AM
I'm with you guys and am really excited for the next season of BSG. However, I have heard a rumor that the third season is going to take us an interesting ride and that ride may not be one we (the fans) all want to go on.

I'm strapping myself in.

Edit: Sweet. Page2sniper!

Logic
2006-09-04, 10:50 PM
From my observations of Season 2, any guest star that's played a major role in another "cult" show is a Cylon. ;D
So far that makes 2 (Spoilers) Does 2 make it a trend?
Lucy Lawless
Dean Stockwell
Is there someone I'm forgetting?

Edit:
V--Yes one of the two I mentioned is the same as you mentioned.

Beleriphon
2006-09-07, 08:13 PM
So far that makes (Spoilers)
Lucy Lawless
Dean Stockwell
Is there someone I'm forgetting?

The old guy that is the priest, that provides council to Tyrol. Uunless that happens to be one of the two you mentioned.

soozenw
2006-09-08, 01:02 PM
The old guy that is the priest, that provides council to Tyrol. Uunless that happens to be one of the two you mentioned.

that was dean stockwell.

anyone watching the webisodes? @ scifi.com?

just wetting my appetite for more!!!

Logic
2006-09-09, 11:41 PM
I cannot wait till it resumes. And the webisodes are definatly great. I wonder if when season 3 is put on dvd if the webisodes will be included?

Matthew
2006-09-10, 08:38 AM
Hope so; I can't seem to access them here in Britain...

soozenw
2006-09-10, 11:05 AM
really? you just go to www.scifi.com and they load automatically before you even go into the site. i don't think it's just for the u.s. ???

Matthew
2006-09-10, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I have tried a few times, both automatic and directly from the site. The former goes through the process, but when it says it will start after a short advert it just stays there (I left it on for over an hour). When I tried direct from the site, it said I wasn't allowed to watch it (or something to that effect).

adanedhel9
2006-09-10, 09:55 PM
What browser are you using? When I tried with Opera (my regular browser) it just sat at "Connecting..." and never played. With IE, it worked just fine.

Matthew
2006-09-11, 05:08 AM
Just normal old Windows Explorer (which could well be the problem). I will try again later today and let you know...

TheTick
2006-09-12, 04:17 PM
The webisodes are apparently blocked to users outside of the US, which is dumb. I think they've been posted to Youtube, though, so you may try there.

Matthew
2006-09-12, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I thought as much. Thanks for the information, I will give it a go there.

soozenw
2006-09-12, 05:08 PM
The webisodes are apparently blocked to users outside of the US, which is dumb. I think they've been posted to Youtube, though, so you may try there.

argh! that is so mean! i hate when stuff like that happens. our poor foreign friends. :'(

and yay youtube! i find the weirdest stuff on there. :o

TheTick
2006-09-13, 08:02 AM
Hey, some of our foreign friends got the first season of BSG before us, so I call that a push. :P

soozenw
2006-09-15, 12:56 PM
so, what's everyone's take on the webisodes so far? (sorry foreign friends taht can't watch em)

personally, they are making me extremely anxious for season 3 to start. but the one from yesterday bugged me.

what's up with the celery? celery is extremely hard to grow, yet in the harsh conditions they have celery? sorry, it bugged me.

DocZoid
2006-09-15, 03:03 PM
As a foreign friend who is tech savvy.......or can navigate youtube anyway, I'd have to say they're quite good.

And yes, make me impatient to see season 3.

TheChris
2006-09-17, 09:45 PM
Possible spoiler if you haven't seen all of season 2. So you wont want to click here: http://www.thechris.net/shirt.jpg

I saw that a member of another forum I visit was making these and I had to get one because my inner geek must be satisfied.

Drell
2006-09-19, 11:11 PM
im seing in TNT, but in the old times i wach battle star G

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-09-20, 08:21 AM
Possible spoiler if you haven't seen all of season 2. So you wont want to click here: http://www.thechris.net/shirt.jpg
I'd prefer a "Don't blame me, I voted for Roslin" button.

soozenw
2006-09-20, 05:07 PM
woot! we got season 2.5 last night and started watching again. those webisodes are just teasers, i'd rather watch full episodes.

btw, we watched the original bsg movie the other night...yeah, i just couldn't deal with starbuck being a guy and boomer being a black guy. it's weird!

soozenw
2006-10-06, 09:12 AM
anyone else absolutely ecstatic that the new season starts tonight?? WOOT!

Barbarian_Dan
2006-10-06, 11:26 PM
They did a good job of making you-know-who look fat. I laughed at that more then I should have...

Can't wait for next week. ;D

soozenw
2006-10-07, 10:37 AM
yeah he was disgusting. sharon was too skinny. what's up with helo's hair? and starbuck's kid? too old. can baltar cry anymore? it's like someone killed his dog...over...and over...and over again. and caprica 6 getting shot in the head...ouch. starbuck killing that cylon over and over again was totally awesome. especially with the chopsticks. (or fork or whatever she used) however, she should have washed her hand...ew. bloody steak. but i did like how tom zerek told roslyn (spelling all around there..) he wished she had won the election.

ray53208
2006-10-12, 02:51 AM
yeah he was disgusting. sharon was too skinny. what's up with helo's hair? and starbuck's kid? too old. can baltar cry anymore? it's like someone killed his dog...over...and over...and over again. and caprica 6 getting shot in the head...ouch. starbuck killing that cylon over and over again was totally awesome. especially with the chopsticks. (or fork or whatever she used) however, she should have washed her hand...ew. bloody steak. but i did like how tom zerek told roslyn (spelling all around there..) he wished she had won the election.

youve got to keep in mind that the events in episode 3x01 and 3x02 (Occupation & Precipice) take place about 16 months after the end events of 2x19 and 2x20 (Lay Down Your Burdens, Parts 1 & 2). time also passes since the events of 2x05 (The Farm).

ray
8)