PDA

View Full Version : The MitDs true alignment

Hardcore
2009-07-24, 02:33 PM
It occured to me yesterday that O-chul, when he called MitD a good man 654 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0654.html), also expressed something else; knowledge of MitDs true aligment.
I figure sane Paladins should be good at deciding the alignment of all they meet, right? So O-chul may very well have done so during the time they spent together.

I don't know if this is old news or not, but a search on the forum revealed nothing.

denthor
2009-07-24, 02:37 PM
True nuetral is the MiTD alignment.

He is intelligent but unconcerned with much else except what he will eat next. He has been swayed by the kindness of O-Chul but in the end he only cares about STEW.

Acero
2009-07-24, 03:16 PM
detect evil.

'nuff said. :smallwink:

derfenrirwolv
2009-07-24, 03:25 PM
They're good at detecting evil (but not fool proof, there's spells and items to block that) but other than that have to rely on the same things as the rest of us to figure out a persons worth, observation and a sense motive check :)

MitD apparently wants to be good, but his wish spellike ability aside it doesn't seem to be enough. You need to BE good, not just want it. Even neutrals can and will help neighbors, friends, and even strangers in a time of crisis but to qualify as good you need to be a bit proactive about it. The monster is horribly passive.

OITS
2009-07-24, 04:46 PM
O-Chul would never have used 'Detect Evil' on Monster-san, because through expressing doubt against him, he may have lost all the faith.
O-Chul isn't the type of Paladin who judges people by their label, but by their behaviour. Anyway, it doesn't need to mean anything, good isn't always the same thing as good^^

Acero
2009-07-24, 05:03 PM
true. monster-san could be hiding a lead sheet under the shadows.

but, your actions label you.

if u look like a duck, walk like a duck, and act like a duck, ur a duck

we have no real clue what san looks like (jungle like thing), or how it walks (if it does), but has acted like unknowing child. he could just be a in a young age for his species, lacking enoguh INT to truely choose an alignment, but just follow a skeleton around. Xykon could have raised it evil, but monster-san could still not have one