PDA

View Full Version : Dénouement

EmperorSarda
2009-07-24, 11:11 PM
Ok, we all obviously know that the story arc is ending and things are winding down and all. Yes, I've read the topics stating the number of pages this next book comic will be.

But what I am surprised at is that even Elan knows it is winding down, and that no one thought to mention it. How does he know? He told Haley he had to tell her at that moment because it was the Denouement, A.K.A. the "series of events that follow the climax of a drama or narrative, and thus serves as the conclusion of the story."

So yeah, just thought that I would point out that interesting little tidbit, seeing as no one else has pointed that out yet.

Thanatosia
2009-07-24, 11:23 PM
Elan has always had this ability.... he gets quite a bit of 4th wall privledge.

DoomITP
2009-07-24, 11:30 PM
He is a bard so he understands story telling.

BlueWizard
2009-07-24, 11:41 PM
The broken 4th wall is part of the fun of OOTS. I love it.

Ferris Bueller did it. So have others. :smallbiggrin:

zyphyr
2009-07-24, 11:56 PM
OotS doesn't have a 4th wall. At most it has a low railing where the wall would be.

xyzzy
2009-07-25, 12:59 AM
The fourth wall is actually an array of gelatinous cubes aligned together in a wall-like shape. Many people have accidentally died inside, and mysteriously any time one dies or is destroyed another appears in its place a day later.

Adventurers will form large groups and attack the wall strategically, but sometimes people will just rush in mindlessly and get everyone killed.

This causes large amounts of discussion about what lies beyond the wall among people. They'll often congregate in large Roman-esque halls to discuss recent events and a certain paladin supposedly capable of destroying the wall with a single blink.

This discussion even continues to other topics, even topics that are entirely fictional to all those speaking, though they pretend they do. Sometimes they'll even pretend that they don't exist! A guy with anachronistic garb and a gun drags off anyone who turns the topic to things such as Thor or the King of Nowhere.

So that pretty well sums it up; the fourth wall in OOTS is a series of cubes. Not at all like a big truck, you see.

Cryssandra
2009-07-25, 01:13 AM
The fourth wall is actually an array of gelatinous cubes aligned together in a wall-like shape. Many people have accidentally died inside, and mysteriously any time one dies or is destroyed another appears in its place a day later.

Adventurers will form large groups and attack the wall strategically, but sometimes people will just rush in mindlessly and get everyone killed.

This causes large amounts of discussion about what lies beyond the wall among people. They'll often congregate in large Roman-esque halls to discuss recent events and a certain paladin supposedly capable of destroying the wall with a single blink.

This discussion even continues to other topics, even topics that are entirely fictional to all those speaking, though they pretend they do. Sometimes they'll even pretend that they don't exist! A guy with anachronistic garb and a gun drags off anyone who turns the topic to things such as Thor or the King of Nowhere.

So that pretty well sums it up; the fourth wall in OOTS is a series of cubes. Not at all like a big truck, you see.

I'm not gonna lie... That is the best description of the fourth wall i think anyone could come up with... That is just amazing....

Magnema
2009-07-25, 10:54 AM
OotS doesn't have a 4th wall. At most it has a low railing where the wall would be.

this made me LOL :smallbiggrin:.

But seriously, think about it. OOTS just got back together, Roy's been resurrected (solving the PC's biggest problem over the last couple months), and they're about to go on a new adventure. You really think Elan - as a bard - isn't going to notice this ending of numerous plotlines, and the beginning of another?

Haven
2009-07-25, 11:01 AM

Too much. Damn. Win.

Cerrakoth
2009-07-25, 11:27 AM

You win an internet cookie :)

Bibliomancer
2009-07-25, 11:34 AM

I doubt think adventurers would bother attacking the wall, given that it's CR is so low that Elan can destroy it without making an attack roll.

If it's a series of cubes, why isn't it movi---[post deleted].

LordZarth
2009-07-25, 11:38 AM
Ah, but is it the denouement of OOTS, or the arc? Definitely the arc. We *just* got introduced to Team Peregrine.

Fri
2009-07-25, 11:46 AM

Punut, the inevitables of bad puns, had felt the disturbance. You got my condolence. Simple peaceful death won't be in your future....

Bibliomancer
2009-07-25, 11:46 AM
Ah, but is it the denouement of OOTS, or the arc? Definitely the arc. We *just* got introduced to Team Peregrine.

And apparently Elan isn't as good a bard as we thought. Otherwise there would have been a bonus panel at the end of the most recent comic with him saying "I sense a great disturbance in the plot...hey V, you should dye your hair white!"