PDA

View Full Version : How can Roy be recovering from his mom?

Stilgar
2009-07-25, 04:23 AM
In #666, Roy says that he doesn't remember anything that happened beyond the Big Golden Gate. But in #670, he claims to be recovering from his mom (and her sexual adventures).

I DEMAND EXPLANATION!!!

Santiago
2009-07-25, 04:26 AM
In #666, Roy says that he doesn't remember anything that happened beyond the Big Golden Gate. But in #670, he claims to be recovering from his mom (and her sexual adventures).

I DEMAND EXPLANATION!!!

In #666 when Hailey said, "I'm surprised you remember everything." He said "I don't. Not everything."

"Not everything" means some things but not everything. He didn't say "I didn't remember anything."

Demiurge
2009-07-25, 04:29 AM
Or maybe it just permeated across the fourth wall. In general, OOTS characters can have OOC knowledge if it's not plot-critical.

kpenguin
2009-07-25, 04:33 AM
In #666 when Hailey said, "I'm surprised you remember everything." He said "I don't. Not everything."

"Not everything" means some things but not everything. He didn't say "I didn't remember anything."

But Roy specifically says that he doesn't remember anything past the Big Golden Gate aside from a big happy blur.

pepazdepa
2009-07-25, 04:34 AM

But he also says "But beyond the Big Golden Gate... it's all a blur. A big happy fulfilling blur, but still." This might be him not telling her the whole truth but he goes on: "And for some reason, I have this awesome idea for a cool sword move." He doesn't remember Horace, therefore the "blur" part is true and he shouldn't remember anything.

Figgin of Chaos
2009-07-25, 04:39 AM
Maybe he only remembers it because it was so awkward.

T.G. Oskar
2009-07-25, 04:40 AM
He remembers the plot-important parts and the parts that were too shocking for him.

For example, he doesn't remember much about the adventuring party that attacked (though he may recall that someone with Plane Shift can go to Celestia), he may not recall how much he played with his little brother (because that would mean getting empathy with Elan), but he does remember the shock of his mother (although not the guy with whom she was living), and also the technique taught by his grandfather (as the feat must be available around)

He also remembers most of the things that happened OUTSIDE the plane itself, mostly what was happening with his father. And also, he may remember his archon...though that's debatable.

In fact, he probably won't remember anything about the screening process of the Lawful Good heaven. Though I might be proven wrong.

Demiurge
2009-07-25, 04:47 AM
The archon and screening process were both on the near side of the Big Golden Gate, and thus easily remembered.

Bavarian itP
2009-07-25, 04:48 AM
It's a joke. There are jokes in oots sometimes.

kpenguin
2009-07-25, 04:49 AM

BLASPHEMY!

Demiurge
2009-07-25, 04:51 AM

Exactly my point!

ZerglingOne
2009-07-25, 05:04 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0571.html panel 10

Roy may not remember his mom boning her boyfriend past the gate, but he does remember the oracle stating his mom whored up the afterlife.

lord of kobolds
2009-07-25, 11:40 AM
Furthermore, that seems like the sort of thing that you remember, whether you want to or not.