PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2

Isak
2009-07-25, 05:36 PM
Well, for anyone watching the Comic Con coverage on G4... You may have seen Olivia Munn's announcement as far as to her role in Iron Man 2...

I don't know if there's any sources available yet on the internet, but Olivia Munn is apparently going to be playing WarMachine in this upcoming movie. Odd choice...? It's hard to believe, but it was on Live TV, announced at a HUGE convention like Comic Con... and she was interviewing one of the higher ups in that movie (Can't remember the name unfortunately).

Anyone else see this?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-25, 05:39 PM
Is that a different role from Don Cheadle's War Machine?
Forgive me, I'm confused.

kpenguin
2009-07-25, 05:42 PM
The rest of the intarwebz seem to say she's joking.

Oh good lord, I hope she is.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-25, 05:43 PM
... Also, who is she? :smallconfused:

Isak
2009-07-25, 05:46 PM
The rest of the intarwebz seem to say she's joking.

Oh good lord, I hope she is.

I agree... I hope she's joking :smalleek:

Olivia Munn is one of the hosts of Attack of the Show, on G4TV; a Game-Themed Television Channel

Berserk Monk
2009-07-25, 06:12 PM
Well, for anyone watching the Comic Con coverage on G4... You may have seen Olivia Munn's announcement as far as to her role in Iron Man 2...

I don't know if there's any sources available yet on the internet, but Olivia Munn is apparently going to be playing WarMachine in this upcoming movie. Odd choice...? It's hard to believe, but it was on Live TV, announced at a HUGE convention like Comic Con... and she was interviewing one of the higher ups in that movie (Can't remember the name unfortunately).

Anyone else see this?

Was this announced on April 1st?

Isak
2009-07-25, 06:35 PM
Was this announced on April 1st?

Nope... It was announced today... About an hour and a half ago...

The Glyphstone
2009-07-25, 06:49 PM
She was joking, i think - she has a part in the movie apparently, but it's not as War Machine - a quick check of Google found that Comic Con also aired a clip that shows Col. Rhodes in the War Machine suit...

Berserk Monk
2009-07-25, 08:07 PM
While we're on the topic of marvel films, any word on when Thor is coming out? I've been hearing about the movie for I don't know how many years now.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-26, 08:40 AM
While we're on the topic of marvel films, any word on when Thor is coming out? I've been hearing about the movie for I don't know how many years now.

2011. Directed by Kenneth Branagh. With Natalie Portman as Jane Foster.

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 01:25 PM
2011. Directed by Kenneth Branagh. With Natalie Portman as Jane Foster.

Kirk's dad as Thor, and (according to rumor) BRIAN BLESSED as Odin.

Mando Knight
2009-07-26, 02:11 PM
Brian Blessed as Odin.

Who's Brian Blessed? I only know of BRIAN BLESSED, who has a similar name... :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-07-26, 02:15 PM
Who's Brian Blessed? I only know of BRIAN BLESSED, who has a similar name... :smalltongue:

Mando Knight is correct. There is no man called Brian Blessed, but there is a man called BRIAN BLESSED, who seems to have the same restrictive volume control as a man named BARRY SCOTT.

pita
2009-07-26, 02:32 PM
Oh, you mean like there's Al Pacino, the excellent actor from The Godfather, and AL MOTHERBLEEPING PACINO, the guy from The Devil's Advocate?

Mando Knight
2009-07-26, 06:46 PM
Almost. Except that there is no Brian Blessed. There is only BRIAN BLESSED (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitleijqobqvle9an).

kpenguin
2009-07-26, 06:48 PM
It's a pity BRIAN BLESSED is getting a bit old. Otherwise, I would have loved him as Thor himself. Just imagine,

"LOKI, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH YOU!"
"I SAY THEE NAY!"
"I AM THOR, SON OF ODIN, THE GOD OF THUNDER!"

Vaire
2009-07-28, 09:14 AM
Kirk's dad as Thor, and (according to rumor) BRIAN BLESSED as Odin.

You know, it's weird he's been cast in this part, because for most of my childhood I was convinced he was secretly Odin.

thorgrim29
2009-07-28, 09:43 AM
Is it bad that I have absolutely no idea who BRIAN BLESSED is?

Mx.Silver
2009-07-28, 11:42 AM

Yes. Yes it is.

kpenguin
2009-07-28, 02:47 PM
Yes, it is bad. After all, if you don't know who BRIAN BLESSED is, then you don't know that

GORDON'S ALIVE?!

Vaire
2009-07-30, 09:34 AM

Wow. And I though I could be clueless:smallbiggrin:

Thrawn183
2009-07-30, 10:08 AM
I also have no idea who Brian Blessed is.

The Glyphstone
2009-07-30, 01:05 PM
But that means you won't recognize your cue when it's time to
DIVE! DIVE!

AstralFire
2009-07-30, 01:06 PM
Who the f- is Brian Blessed? :smallconfused:

WalkingTarget
2009-07-30, 01:38 PM
Who the f- is Brian Blessed? :smallconfused:

He (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_blessed) is.

Big bearded man with a great big booming voice.

He's been in a lot of stuff. People here keep making references to his role as Prince Vultan in the 1980 Flash Gordon film.

He was also Richard IV in the first Blackadder series with Rowan Atkinson, Lord Locksley (Robin Hood's dad) in the opening scene of that Kevin Costner film, and voiced Boss Nass in Star Wars.

AstralFire
2009-07-30, 01:40 PM
That is an awesome opening line for your Wiki bio:

Brian Blessed (pronounced /ˈblɛsɪd/; born 9 October 1937, Yorkshire, UK) is an English actor, author and adventurer. He is known for his loud, booming voice and "hearty, king-sized portrayals".[1]

WalkingTarget
2009-07-30, 02:07 PM
Yup. He's one of those guys who looks exactly how you'd expect after hearing his voice (and sounds how he looks). He's also the voice of Tom Bombadil in my head when I'm reading LotR.

Tamburlaine
2009-07-30, 02:57 PM
I am shocked, shocked and appalled that there are that many people unaware of BRIAN BLESSED. It's like not being aware of hammy acting in general.

Cristo Meyers
2009-07-30, 03:05 PM
I am shocked, shocked and appalled that there are that many people unaware of BRIAN BLESSED. It's like not being aware of hammy acting in general.

What we need is to get a bad fantasy movie script and BRIAN BLESSED, William Shatner, and Jeremy Irons together as the cast.

By the time those three are done chewing scenery Hollywood will have gone bankrupt from repair costs.

pita
2009-07-30, 04:22 PM
What we need is to get a bad fantasy movie script and BRIAN BLESSED, William Shatner, and Jeremy Irons together as the cast.

By the time those three are done chewing scenery Hollywood will have gone bankrupt from repair costs.

You've forgotten to add Jeff Bridges. IN A CAVE. WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS, MAN!

Athaniar
2009-07-30, 04:36 PM
I remember Blessed from a Doctor Who serial. He makes quite an impression.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-30, 07:10 PM
What I wanna know is how they're going to incorporate Stan Lee into the film.

AstralFire
2009-07-30, 07:12 PM
What I wanna know is how they're going to incorporate Stan Lee into the film.

He'll be MODOK or whatshisface. The weird little giant head in a chair.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-01, 03:17 AM
Anyone know if there's a trailer of this on youtube and I'd appreciate a link.

kpenguin
2009-08-01, 03:41 AM
I think the big problem I'm finding with the Iron Man 2 development is that I still have no idea what the plot's going to be. All I know are such-and-such characters will be in the movie, etc.

I don't know, I just won't feel as confident about this movie until I know what its actually going to be about. Otherwise, I'm afraid its just going to be "Iron Man blows up stuff with his lazer beams. Pew pew pew!"

Berserk Monk
2009-08-01, 03:43 AM
I'm afraid its just going to be "Iron Man blows up stuff with his lazer beams. Pew pew pew!"

That would only happen if Michael Bay directs the film.

pita
2009-08-01, 08:56 AM
This one still has Favreau, who I think is the second best comic book to film adapter, after Nolan (Batman Begins, TDK) and before Snyder (300, Watchmen).

Hawriel
2009-08-02, 12:30 AM
OK here is the IMBD post for IM2.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/

Olivia Munn (so pritty) has a part in the movie. Her characters name is Melina Vostokoff. I can only find out the name of the character. Hopefully this will give her a shot at a real career and get her out of that crap ass retarted G4TV network.

It sais that Stan Lee's character is Larry King. Hmm gee will he be wearing red suspenders?

Johanson is the black widow. Why I dont know she in my mind is not the right choice for that character. She is to soft featured for Natasha. Just cant believe it. Sticking in Natasha raises my cynical expectations for to many super heros.

pita
2009-08-03, 11:35 AM
Did you see the picture?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Black_Widow.JPG