PDA

View Full Version : Noob D&D Question

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-07-26, 04:36 AM
I don't play D&D, but I still have a question. Do sorcerers require spell components?

(P.S. The only things I know about about D&D is what I learned from BG and KotOR, and other games of the like. E.G. I don't even know what BaB, ECL or CL is. :l

Dogmantra
2009-07-26, 04:39 AM
In 3.5, normally, they do require all material componenets, but a lot of fixes give them Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at level 1, which lets them ignore non-expensive material components, or they can take it as a feat.

Croverus
2009-07-26, 04:39 AM
Just as much as a Wizard does

Starscream
2009-07-26, 04:58 AM
Just as much as a Wizard does

Which is often "not at all". Most DMs don't bother to track this stuff at all, unless the components are expensive (i.e., a gold piece or more). Others simply say "You have a component pouch? Good, everything is in there. In unlimited quantities. And doesn't weigh anything."

oxinabox
2009-07-26, 06:10 AM
Warlocks one the otherhand don't.
Warlocks can cast bound and gagged (if memery suffices)

Warlocks are to sorcerers what sorcerers are to wizards.
They have more magic in them than sorcerers, (and sorcerers have more than wizards)
Warlocks eldritch energy.
often stolen.

They can cast any spell they know unlimitted mumber of times per day.
It's just that they only learn one spell per lvl (if that, roughly)

Dhavaer
2009-07-26, 06:13 AM
Warlocks one the otherhand don't.
Warlocks can cast bound and gagged (if memery suffices)

They can cast any spell they know unlimitted mumber of times per day.
It's just that they only learn one spell per lvl (if that, roughly)

Invocations still have Somatic components, and they learn about 3 invocations every 5 levels.

Glyde
2009-07-26, 08:16 AM
Which is often "not at all". Most DMs don't bother to track this stuff at all, unless the components are expensive (i.e., a gold piece or more). Others simply say "You have a component pouch? Good, everything is in there. In unlimited quantities. And doesn't weigh anything."

Aye, that's what I do, except expensive components are gone as well. I rebalance the spells accordingly when they're cast, though. Like Raise Dead sets both characters to 1hp and fatigued. Inside a lich's tower with no feasible way out? That makes a difference.