PDA

View Full Version : Comic Artist Call...maybe also a Site Designer

drawingfreak
2009-07-26, 08:40 AM
I am looking for a sequential artist capable of at least good pencil art. My scripts are currently calling for a full page style comic though seeing as I am looking into this being a web based comic, we can experiment with layouts. The internet offers us more options than the standard.

As I am not that tech savy when it comes to creating a website for things, I would also appreciate someone with help there. I'm not looking for anything too fancy right now. Even if it is just enough help setting up a Wordpress type thing, that would be fine.

The comic itself is based on the D&D 4th Edition world that I have created. NO, DON'T LEAVE THE THREAD YET. Let me finish.

Yes, the comic will start off similar to some adventures me and my friends have had in the setting. However, not all the characters in the comic are from that game so there is already going to be some different reactions to events which could lead to some interesting story telling. From there, we get original.

The style I am looking for is somewhere between realistic and cartoon. Look to "Looking for Group (http://www.lfgcomic.com/)" for inspiration.

PM me if there is interest and I will send you a few things to doodle for the "audition".

Echowinds
2009-07-26, 09:50 PM
Generally, since the art portion of a webcomic takes far more time than the script part, you will have to either know the artist well in real life, or you pay him or her money. Otherwise, even if you can find someone initally willing to volunteer, they are very likely to drop out very early, because there is little motivation. Drawing a webcomic is very time consuming, and will take hours to finish a page, especially if you are looking for art comparable to Looking For Group (colour, ~8 panels/page, above-average detail levels). Remember, even Buckley's copy-and-paste/google background comic took him hours to draw.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-28, 07:11 PM
PM me the character descriptions and I'll see what I can do.

Keris
2009-07-28, 07:40 PM
Hey BM, you seem to often be offering to draw comics or similar, but I don't think I've ever seen any of your work. Do you have some sort of online gallery I could peruse out of idle curiosity?

drawingfreak
2009-07-30, 01:41 PM
I too am quite interested in a sample.

As for the character descriptions, I am working on it and will get back to you ASAP. While I have previously put together the majority of it, I am working on the final details.