PDA

View Full Version : Questions on mechanics involving a raptoran charger Bbn/Ftr/Primal

HCL
2009-07-26, 09:29 PM
Well I was looking at Races of the Wild and thinking about making a raptoran barbarian/fighter that fought with a guisarme and was based on tripping/attacks of opportunity until level 6, then took EWP: Spiked chain, a dip in Primal from the Warcraft: Alliance and Horde Compendium (for pounce and extra rage) and then went more into charger build with power attack, leap attack, etc. but I was not sure about whether the mechanics would work as I wanted them to. So my questions are

1) Can I use both leap attack and raptoran dive in one round? Like if I jump 20 feet and then fly down 30 feet and attack, will I be able to apply both the feat and the racial ability to the same attack?

2) Do the leap attack and dive bonuses effect every iterative attack when I make a full attack at the end of my charge?

EDIT: Well I got a response on the WotC boards and they say it works. So I think I got a character idea :)

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-26, 10:50 PM
Power Attack Charging Fighter with Flight? Dungeonscape has an ACF for Fighters called Dungeoncrasher. It is incredible and highly recommended. You essentially slam someone into walls for massive damage. And since you fly, you can leave them in a bloody pile in a crater instead of against a wall. :smallbiggrin:

Signmaker
2009-07-26, 11:05 PM
Odd, I could swear someone made a Raptoran who would fly by the enemy in a whirlwind of pain, similar to what you're looking for. Was it Saph? Will check.