PDA

View Full Version : Birthday is coming..And i actually have cash

evil-frosty
2009-07-26, 11:53 PM
Ok so my birthday is coming up and i am going to have some cash to spend. And i am looking for suggestions on what to get. Right now i was thinking of upgrading my computer and getting some 3.5 DnD books as some are pretty cheap now since 4ed is out. So does anyone have any suggestions?

MethosH
2009-07-27, 01:33 AM
Well... It's really hard to give any suggestions since I have no clue how much you got nor what kind of stuff you like... well, maybe I do have a notion what kind of stuff you like... judging by your ideas I think you are some kind of geek/nerd (just like many of us :D)

If I were you I would go for an XBox 360.. but that is just me, since I already got a bad ass PC and I'm starting developing for XBox 360... plus.. fable 2. :smallbiggrin:

Vizen
2009-07-27, 01:39 AM
My personal favorite thing at this time is LEGO. Just get lego!

.....Well, if your looking for D&D related things though...Get lego! Great to use for minatures. :smalltongue:

evil-frosty
2009-07-27, 01:52 AM
@MethosHazara- I prefer deek personally (a word my sister made up). And ya i guess i wasnt really clear, my bad. My computer is slow at times and freezes up at times. Just wanna fix that as it is annoying having to reboot my computer while i am playing call of duty.

For DnD i have core, complete arcane and complete divine, book of exalted deeds, book of vile darkness, magic of incarnum, forgotten realms deities and pantheons, monsters of faerun, and the spell compendium. So i am just looking for suggestions on good books.

@Vizen- I really dont need minis as i have a few hundred, having a dad who likes playing and wants to get a beholder mini but doesnt want to pay the online price is helpful.:smalltongue::smallcool:

MethosH
2009-07-27, 02:05 AM
Oh! Another idea.. there are also those bad-ass-cool-super-awesome geek/nerd/deek t-shirts you can by on the web.. like thinkgeek.com ... wearscience.com ... splitreason.com ... xkcd.com... :smallbiggrin:

I have one that says "Geek! To be a genius is not for everyone!"

osyluth
2009-07-27, 02:22 AM
If you're looking for 3.5 D&D books, I would definitely recommend the Races of ... books, if you enjoy serious fluffage.

evil-frosty
2009-07-27, 02:29 AM
Oh! Another idea.. there are also those bad-ass-cool-super-awesome geek/nerd/deek t-shirts you can by on the web.. like thinkgeek.com ... wearscience.com ... splitreason.com ... xkcd.com... :smallbiggrin:

I have one that says "Geek! To be a genius is not for everyone!"

I have 2 of the OOTS shirts. And i love them. I have "I have deep-seated emotional problems" and " We're trained professionals (Well, we're semi-trained quasi-professionals at any rate).

MethosH
2009-07-27, 02:31 AM
You should get the one that says "Keep out of direct sun light" :smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-27, 02:32 AM
I recommend Tome of Battle due to finding it to be fun for melee characters.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-07-27, 02:37 AM
I recommend going to Vegas.

Then again, I did see The Hangover recently.

evil-frosty
2009-07-27, 02:41 AM
Then again i am only turning 16. So really vegas would give my parents a heart attack or worse:smalleek:. I guess i should have mentioned that, sorry.

thubby
2009-07-27, 04:00 AM
My personal favorite thing at this time is LEGO K'nex. Just get lego!

fixed :smalltongue:

more seriously, i would get the computer upgrade and squirrel the rest of it away.
there is always going to be the next big thing right around the bend, or you can cheat and just use that money for everyone else's birthday's and holidays.

evil-frosty
2009-07-27, 09:15 PM
I am definitely getting my computer upgraded. but now here lies a problem i dont know a lot bout them, so can someone give me advice on what type of video/graphics card to buy? Which ones are good and will last but arent really expensive?

Mystic Muse
2009-07-28, 01:38 AM
get fable 1

fixed it for you. Fable 1 is MUCH better. I hope Fable 3 is more like 1 with more weapons to use, more armors and shields.

oh and if you wish to get into a discussion about the merits of fable PM me.