PDA

View Full Version : Veronica Mars(No Spoilers!)

Midnight Son
2006-09-01, 02:47 PM
I can't believe I didn't follow this show after watching the excellent pilot a few years ago, but I just recently came across the first season DVDs.(and, after watching them, just ordered the second season) I must say I am quite impressed. Intelligent dialogue, riveting plots, edge of my seat suspense, and witty humour, not to mention a smokin' hot star, make this a must see in my book.

So, anyone else watch this? What do y'all think?

Hungerdog
2006-09-01, 03:25 PM
IMHO, it is one of the best shows on TV today, for all of the reasons you list above. I read an article where the one and only Joss Whedon pronounced it "the best television show ever". He's even cameo'd a couple of times on it. Pretty impressive, in my book.

What I like most, is that it's one of those rare shows that requires you be fully engaged, and pay close attention to it. Otherwise, you miss lots of subplots, clues and details.

I'm proud to say I figured out the who the killer was a full 3 episodes before the Season 2 finale. That's another thing I like about it-no cheap out's. All the cluses are there, they even reiterate some of them-you CAN solve the mysteries, if you pay attention.

All I can say is: If you're not watching it, you're missing out on something very special.

ShipWrecked
2006-09-01, 05:06 PM
I do enjoy it every once in a while, but with cable you really take advantage of all the standerd channels which you don't end up watching.

JadedDM
2006-09-01, 11:39 PM
My girlfriend and I both watch it, yeah. Third season starts in October, I believe.

AdInfinitum
2006-09-03, 04:08 AM
I ran accross the 1st DVD set at my library, and fell in love with the show. This is how I justified watching the show on another site:

There was a show a lot of the people I watched Buffy with recommended to me, so I just got the first season from a library. They were right. Looks like Smallville, tastes like Angel. Much better than you would think. Veronica Mars. Who would have thought it?

I'm looking forward to season 3.

SilveryCord
2006-09-03, 01:22 PM
I love it, but it's kind of akward (for me, atleast, one guess why), how she reveals a gay person in the closet in almost every other episode. Usually they're dead.

Which brings us to another thing: How come there isn't wide spread panic in her high school, considering how many people get killed in it?

Midnight Son
2006-09-03, 11:05 PM
I love it, but it's kind of akward (for me, atleast, one guess why), how she reveals a gay person in the closet in almost every other episode. Usually they're dead.

Which brings us to another thing: How come there isn't wide spread panic in her high school, considering how many people get killed in it?For the same reason no one runs screaming in panic every time Angela Lansbury shows up; For the same reason kids still went to school at Sunnydale High; It makes for a good story. I've still only watched the first season. I don't recall that many deaths, and the only homosexual was out of the closet and quite alive.

AtomicKitKat
2006-09-07, 03:51 PM
I know I don't come to this forum often, but please don't reveal any spoilers. They only show 1 episode a week on Sundays(and it gets pre-empted sometimes), and we're only about halfway through Season 1.

Midnight Son
2006-09-07, 04:17 PM
I know I don't come to this forum often, but please don't reveal any spoilers. They only show 1 episode a week on Sundays(and it gets pre-empted sometimes), and we're only about halfway through Season 1.Changed the title for ya there. Happy? I just got the season two disks yesterday. Watched disk one(4 episodes). Mmmm-mm, full of Veronica Marsy goodness.

AtomicKitKat
2006-09-08, 03:19 AM
Thankies. I tape the show whenever I'm not around to catch it(which is practically all the time. :( ), so when I actually get some decent pay, I'll buy the DVDs. Still, it's generally good practice to label Spoilers(and hide them, preferrably) for shows less than 5 years old, since different countries get them at different times(like, I get Anime series generally less than 2 years after release in Japan, with English subtitles, vs some which have never been shown in the US, or are utterly violated with horrendous dubbing.).

Midnight Son
2006-09-26, 12:54 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the 3rd season of Veronica Mars starts next Tuesday on the new CW(was WB). Be sure to check it out.

Can't wait to see what new trouble she gets into.

(No, this is not an advert; just a fan hoping that they don't cancel one of his favorite shows. Good TV is just so rare these days, and the best ones seem to go before their time, as any Firefly fan can attest.)