PDA

View Full Version : the standing C of OOTS...

Acero
2009-07-28, 11:04 AM
when you hear "OOTS", what character comes to mind, and for what reason?
do you think of the magic, good or otherwise (V, Xykon, redcloak, Roy's sis, or even monster-san )

the fighting (Roy, Durkon, Belkar, thog)

the humor, and sometimes stupidity (Elan, the lawyers, Miko)

THE GOLD (haley)

etc.

Dark Faun
2009-07-28, 11:11 AM
When I hear "OotS", I think Vaarsuvius and Miko cuddling.

I'm... special.

Optimystik
2009-07-28, 11:13 AM
I think of all of them, as they are all key parts of the Order.

(I've been trying to mentally subtract Belkar in preparation for his removal, but haven't succeeded yet.)

Rhoni
2009-07-28, 11:46 AM
Belkar's not going anywhere. Roy obviously misunderstood the prophecy. And I think mainly of Elan. He's the 4th-wall breaking bard that keeps it all real.

R. Malcovitch
2009-07-28, 12:40 PM
(I've been trying to mentally subtract Belkar in preparation for his removal, but haven't succeeded yet.)

When Roy died he remained a major character. Belkar will be the same way.

T-O-E
2009-07-28, 12:42 PM
Unless he gets unmade by the Snarl, of course.

Skorj
2009-07-28, 02:50 PM
Unless he gets unmade by the Snarl, of course.

OOTS is dead to me without Belkar's half-size stabbity goodness! :smallbiggrin:
But of course he will be unmade by the Snarl, right after committing some redeeming act that would have made Roy and Durkon reconsider rezzing him.

Unless, of course, he's unmade by the Snarl right after stabbity-stabbing possessed V, and his last words are "V was possessed?"

Harr
2009-07-28, 02:58 PM
Elan and Belkar are the most iconic of OOTS for me... following by Haley and V, followed by... uhm, the other two :smallwink:

Xykon's actually pretty up there, too.

But of course he will be unmade by the Snarl, right after committing some redeeming act that would have made Roy and Durkon reconsider rezzing him.

Yep, and that'll come right after we get a scene that

shockingly reveals that Belkar's 'pretend caring about stuff' had somehow turned into REAL caring about stuff somewhere along the way! gasp!

...of course, one hopes for something a little less cliche than that from OOTS :smallwink: so who knows..

DnDgeek13
2009-07-28, 03:19 PM
i think of the Sapphire guard in ghost form beating up Xykon.

Pronounceable
2009-07-28, 03:40 PM
I think of Belkster standing on a mountain of corpses or Xykon admiring the mass of dead paladins.

It's all about the bodycount.

Meg
2009-07-28, 07:45 PM
I think of OOTS' page on Tv Tropes. I need to go outside more.

FlawedParadigm
2009-07-28, 08:32 PM
Owt-saide? Hark, what is this strange language in which you do address me? Do you bite your thumb at me?

Sholos
2009-07-28, 08:55 PM
He does not bite his thumb at you, sir, but he does bite his thumb!

chiasaur11
2009-07-28, 08:56 PM
Fruit Pie the sorcerer.

Even in death his spirit lingers.

Liwen
2009-07-28, 09:32 PM
Everytime I read OOTS, I see Rich drawing his next comic, then I start hoping he'll be done with the next issue so I can finally read.

mjo625
2009-07-28, 09:48 PM
Xykon's the man. Or skeleton, as the case may be. I tend to enjoy comics with Xykon in them more than any other comics. Besides, once he's gone the comic is likely over. Xykon IS the comic.

kpenguin
2009-07-28, 10:04 PM
Roy or Elan.

Belkar can suck it for all I care.

Heroic
2009-07-28, 10:10 PM
Roy. Definately Roy.

Samurai Jill
2009-07-28, 10:47 PM
:smallconfused: ..."standing C"?

kpenguin
2009-07-28, 10:49 PM
Presumably he meant "Outstanding Character"

[TS] Shadow
2009-07-28, 11:08 PM
When I think of OotS, I'm generally scanning my memory for quotes to bring up in conversation that nobody but a few select friends of mine will get. So yeah, I think of the dialouge when thinking of OotS.

The Extinguisher
2009-07-29, 12:23 AM
I always think of the forums.

I'm weird.

mockingbyrd7
2009-07-29, 02:18 AM

That's not very Optimystik of you. :smallwink:

Score! I've always wanted to make an "optimystik" joke!

Liwen
2009-07-29, 04:46 AM
Ohhh burned!

You should rename yourself Realisystick

NerfTW
2009-07-29, 11:54 AM
OOTS is dead to me without Belkar's half-size stabbity goodness! :smallbiggrin:

Unless, of course, he's unmade by the Snarl right after stabbity-stabbing possessed V, and his last words are "V was possessed?"

Beings killed by the Snarl cannot be rezzed. They are unmade, and completely removed from existence. The only way they could be brought back is through a Wish spell, and even that is iffy at best. (Is it still them if it's just a copy willed into existence through magic?)

Timberboar
2009-07-29, 04:36 PM
Beings killed by the Snarl cannot be rezzed. They are unmade, and completely removed from existence. The only way they could be brought back is through a Wish spell, and even that is iffy at best. (Is it still them if it's just a copy willed into existence through magic?)

That was his point.

Mauve Shirt
2009-07-29, 04:47 PM
When I think of OOTS I think Roy and Elan first. Then Haley, then V, then Belkar.

[TS] Shadow
2009-07-29, 05:00 PM
When I think of OOTS I think Roy and Elan first. Then Haley, then V, then Belkar.

Further proving that Durkon needs more character development.

Bibliomancer
2009-07-29, 05:47 PM
I tend to think of the story as a whole, but my favorite character is V, despite the fact that if V was more elven Xykon would be dead now.

Tiberius Claudius
2009-07-29, 06:01 PM
I always think of Roy on the characters page!

"No I won't read this!!! I have an MBA!"

Bibliomancer
2009-07-29, 06:12 PM
I always think of Roy on the characters page!

"No I won't read this!!! I have an MBA!"

What does that stand for anyways? Master in Bashing Anything?

kpenguin
2009-07-29, 06:15 PM
What does that stand for anyways? Master in Bashing Anything?

Master of Battle Administration, I think.

Acero
2009-07-29, 09:08 PM
Presumably he meant "Outstanding Character"

close. it couldnt be PC or NPC, so I went with C. I meant to say standing. the iconic figure of OOTS "satnds" above the others.:smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2009-07-29, 09:13 PM
Well, at least I got your gender right.

I hope.

Thrar
2009-07-30, 03:15 PM
Xykon as he appeared at first, as the super-villain at the end of the dungeon quest. No story involved, just plain Order vs X.

MoonBeam
2009-07-30, 04:29 PM
I can't help myself, but the first thing on my mind when I "hear" OotS, is Elan's DS training (strips 390 - 392).

May I remind you of Master Jedi and his young Padawan (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0390.html)? (last panel) :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: My answer to OP's question should be obvious from my post, I hope.

Julio Scoundrél and Elan

Athaniar
2009-07-30, 04:41 PM
It's Xykon for me. He's one of the best villains there are in fiction, and the comic wouldn't be the same without him.

:xykon:

NerfTW
2009-07-31, 02:20 PM
That was his point.

Read it again:

One normally doesn't decide not to rez someone after a redeeming act.

Kish
2009-07-31, 02:30 PM
Read it again:

One normally doesn't decide not to rez someone after a redeeming act.
I'll paraphrase it, and Skorj can object if I'm wrong.

But of course Belkar will be unmade by the Snarl, right after committing some redeeming act which would cause Roy and Durkon to decide they want to resurrect him after all, but they will be unable to do so because he will have been unmade by the Snarl.

Topus
2009-08-03, 10:40 AM
i think of the Sapphire guard in ghost form beating up Xykon.
me too; it's one of the most moving moment of the story, gives me goose bumps, fot i hate that bastard lich >:O

as for the capital C, i'd go for Elan, he is the special spice of the recipe :)

Shatteredtower
2009-08-03, 10:49 AM
Asking me to identify the outstanding character in this series is like asking me to pick my favourite kernel of popcorn out at the theatre.

Master of Battle Administration, I think.

I always figured Roy for a master battler...