PDA

View Full Version : Thurkla's 'crush'

Pyrolep
2009-07-28, 01:34 PM
Maybe it's just me being overly sensitive, but I thought the way Haley said 'some ninja chick who had a crush on him, then died' was insensitive. The way Thurkla acted, refusing to be rezzed and all, seemed like more than a crush. Perhaps love? I just think she deserves more credit than being called some ninja chick with a crush. She was definitely more than that. But I guess Haley is Elan's girlfriend..maybe we can't expect too much sympathy?

Dark Faun
2009-07-28, 01:36 PM
To me, it didn't come off as a lack of sympathy as much as it came off as a lack of caring.

NerfTW
2009-07-28, 01:40 PM
Also, she was being flippant to hide the fact that there was a secondary conversation, which was about her killing Crystal.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-28, 01:50 PM
I think Haley wasn't being very sensitive because she wanted to steal Elan from her, and would probably kill Haley for Elan.

Herald Alberich
2009-07-28, 02:00 PM
Also, she was being flippant to hide the fact that there was a secondary conversation, which was about her killing Crystal.

Indeed, she clearly had an emotional reaction to the story strong enough to convince her to bare her soul to Elan, and it's in her nature to be flippant about things she'd rather keep private in the first place. She doesn't want Roy asking questions about the story, so she passes it off as not a big deal.

Jackson
2009-07-28, 02:01 PM
Except she explicitly stated she didn't want to steal him and wouldn't contest his girlfriend for him, she just wanted to feel his arms around her for as long as she could.

It sounds flippant, but it could just be how Elan told the story. We didn't see it (and didn't need to), so it could be he downplayed the sadder aspects of the story for the ones more relevant to Haley.

EDIT: On the other hand, it could just be that it wasn't their business.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-28, 02:02 PM
Except she explicitly stated she didn't want to steal him and wouldn't contest his girlfriend for him, she just wanted to feel his arms around her for as long as she could.

It sounds flippant, but it could just be how Elan told the story. We didn't see it (and didn't need to), so it could be he downplayed the sadder aspects of the story for the ones more relevant to Haley.

Oh, oops, never mind then.

Jackson
2009-07-28, 02:09 PM
To be fair, though, even if Elan told her that, she still might think he was trying to paint an unfairly flattering portrait of Therkla and interpret the 'truth' of the matter as being along the lines you set out. Since we didn't see, we don't really know.

Ridureyu
2009-07-28, 03:13 PM
Yet more proof that Haley, and by extension the rest of the Order, are all Chaotic Evil menaces who should die.

AstralFire
2009-07-28, 03:19 PM
I'm going to lean towards "being flippant because it's none of their business and it really got her."

73 Bits of Lint
2009-07-28, 03:21 PM
Maybe it's just me being overly sensitive, but I thought the way Haley said 'some ninja chick who had a crush on him, then died' was insensitive. The way Thurkla acted, refusing to be rezzed and all, seemed like more than a crush. Perhaps love? I just think she deserves more credit than being called some ninja chick with a crush. She was definitely more than that. But I guess Haley is Elan's girlfriend..maybe we can't expect too much sympathy?
Truly, it was the sort of deep, timeless love that can only be felt by a creepy stalker chick who had all of five conversations with the object of her affections (including her silly, angst-ridden death speech and the time she was pretending to be the voice of a puppet deity).
Haley gave Thurkla all the consideration she deserved, and more, by saying it was "kinda sad."

Armitage
2009-07-28, 03:32 PM
Haley never met Therkla.
To her, Therkla was just some NPC ninja chick that had a crush on Elan and died. Tough luck.

Edhelras
2009-07-28, 03:52 PM
Huh? What's this?
Sounds like nobody here's got a real-life GF.... :smalltongue:

Heck, just today I had to bite my lip, when my wife and I listened to "My heart will go on" on the radio. I almost told my wife that I saw "Titanic" with an ex-gf, until I (fortunately for my marriage) remembered those tiny details about women and previous gfs and other females in an actual or possible rival position.
If I was Elan, I would be extremely cautious in telling Haley about Therkla at all, and if I did, I would secure a LOT of time for the storytelling (as he did, I think), just to make sure Haley got the whole message and all of it.
In fact, I think I wouldn't have told Haley at all. The only reason to tell her, probably, is that Elan lives in a universe where Haley has the access to divination magic. So there's nope use clinging to the thought that "she'll never hear about it if I just keep my mouth shut".
Furthermore, given Elan's high skills in TV tropes, he knew all the time that if there was a romantic conflict, Haley would have to find out eventually.
Man, that guy has some balls! :smallsmile:

King of Nowhere
2009-07-28, 04:20 PM
I'll go for the "it was none of their business". If someone asked me something about mylove life, I'd answer in a similar way.

Aris Katsaris
2009-07-28, 04:20 PM
Maybe it's just me being overly sensitive, but I thought the way Haley said 'some ninja chick who had a crush on him, then died' was insensitive. The way Thurkla acted, refusing to be rezzed and all, seemed like more than a crush.

That's the sort of un-logic that makes people think that killing yourself over unrequited affection is a sign of true love. Therkla's choice is *all* the more of a reason to call it an immature crush. Can you imagine any of the adult characters refusing a rez just because the object of their affections spurned them?

Therkla barely knew Elan. If she'd actually gotten to know Elan, then her feelings might get promoted to either love or friendship.

But till now? Just a crush. A tragic crush, but a crush nonetheless.

Perhaps love?

No.

Trebuchet
2009-07-28, 05:02 PM
Elan is known to be an excellent bard, and he was being honest in pursuit of a happy ending with Haley, so I can't believe he didn't share the tragedy of Therkla with Haley. I agree with King of Nowere: it was none of their business, and she didn't want them to be too interested.

Haley is equally flippant about her interest in treasure, and that is certainly not the result of a lack of caring.

NerfTW
2009-07-28, 05:05 PM
Come to think of it, that was a pretty stupid reason to die. But remember that she also would lose everything she knew if she stayed, because Kubota was still alive and wouldn't take her back at that point.

However, I wonder if she really did refuse to be raised, or if she actually had a contingency plan to get raised elsewhere, free of Kubota's retaliation? (Since he'd consider her dead, and remember, he wasn't dead yet either)

And would Hinjo perhaps try to raise her anyways as an ally? She might come back if she knows Kubota is dead and Hinjo won't punish her.

There's always the chance we'll see her again at some point.

Pyrolep
2009-07-28, 06:14 PM
Edhelras, I am a real-life GF, and for the love of God, we're not all crazy. I see no point in biting my man's head off for mentioning an ex. To me, it's childish and ridiculous, but to each his own.

Ehra
2009-07-28, 07:19 PM
It wasn't even a crush. It was lust, calling it anything more shows a severe lack of understanding in what "love" really is.

Snake-Aes
2009-07-28, 08:25 PM
It wasn't even a crush. It was lust, calling it anything more shows a severe lack of understanding in what "love" really is.

It was a little more emotional than just the wish to bang elan. Can we reach the consensus that it was "tennager love"? Those are quite straw-fires.

[TS] Shadow
2009-07-28, 08:32 PM
Edhelras, I am a real-life GF, and for the love of God, we're not all crazy. I see no point in biting my man's head off for mentioning an ex. To me, it's childish and ridiculous, but to each his own.

Well, you're reasonable. I'm sure there are many women out there who wouldn't want their boyfriends talking about past relationships. It's akward and uncomfortable and unfortunatley often leads to jealousy.

Snake-Aes
2009-07-28, 08:34 PM
Shadow;6601734']Well, you're reasonable. I'm sure there are many women out there who wouldn't want their boyfriends talking about past relationships. It's akward and uncomfortable and unfortunatley often leads to jealousy.

I had an ex that stalked me. She didn't stop till she got a 10-years jail time.

David Argall
2009-07-28, 08:39 PM

"slut" - A girl who will sleep with your boy if you turn your back."

Elan is Haley's property and you can't expect her to have much sympathy for claim jumpers.

Herald Alberich
2009-07-28, 08:43 PM
Shadow;6601734']Well, you're reasonable. I'm sure there are many women out there who wouldn't want their boyfriends talking about past relationships. It's akward and uncomfortable and unfortunatley often leads to jealousy.

The way Roy does it (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0669.html), sure. But framing it as a learning experience during a serious discussion ("This is what I had, this is what went wrong, this is what I'm gonna do to make sure it doesn't happen again with you") is an excellent idea once you know each other well enough (in my experience). And once you've hit marriage or close to it, it's hopefully an ok topic for casual conversation.

On-topic, I'm glad to see so many agreeing with my basic point as to why Haley brushed the topic off around Roy and the paladins. Means I read her character right. :smallsmile:

EmperorSarda
2009-07-28, 08:51 PM
There's always the chance we'll see her again at some point.

Except it is doubtful that Elan told anyone where he buried Therkla. Sure they could look at the awesome gravestone, but considering Durkon was the highest level cleric there, they probably didn't raise her.

Liwen
2009-07-28, 09:34 PM
Also, a contingency plan that would allow Therkla raised from the dead without her body would require a 17th level cleric. If she had that kind of connections, I doubt she would be wasting her time with Kubota.

MrPig
2009-07-29, 07:29 AM

Actually, she wanted Elan to dump Haley; Panel 16 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0593.html)

Comet
2009-07-29, 07:39 AM
The fact that makes Therkla's decision to die less stupid is the knowledge that there is an afterlife. An actual, literal life after the one on the Prime Material.
Therkla probably knew this. She had nothing left in this world worth mentioning (her "lord" was going down and her crush was out of her reach) so maybe she just fancied taking her chances with heaven? Or whatever plane she would end up in.

Turkish Delight
2009-07-29, 08:34 AM
Therkla probably knew this. She had nothing left in this world worth mentioning (her "lord" was going down and her crush was out of her reach) so maybe she just fancied taking her chances with heaven? Or whatever plane she would end up in.

Pretty sure she was evil, so this would make her decision more stupid, not less. Choosing hell over continued life because of a high school infatuation she has with a guy she barely knows, pretty much all seemingly based upon how good-looking he is, seems pretty silly.

I wonder how old Therkla was?

Snake-Aes
2009-07-29, 08:40 AM
Pretty sure she was evil, so this would make her decision more stupid, not less. Choosing hell over continued life because of a high school infatuation she has with a guy she barely knows, pretty much all seemingly based upon how good-looking he is, seems pretty silly.

If she had no attachments to the material plane, then I don't think she'd mind fending for herself in wherever she goes to.

73 Bits of Lint
2009-07-29, 08:43 AM

She graduated Ninja School (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0509.html), which seems to be an equivalent to college, or at least an AA.
I think she wasn't immature so much as insane (in the same way that people who fall in "love" with famous people are), and possibly trying to lay a passive aggressive guilt-trip on Elan as revenge for him not being willing to indulge her delusions.

Comet
2009-07-29, 08:50 AM
I think she wasn't immature so much as insane (in the same way that people who fall in "love" with famous people are), and possibly trying to lay a passive aggressive guilt-trip on Elan as revenge for him not being willing to indulge her delusions.
Ouch. Harsh. Maybe true, but still harsh :smallbiggrin:

I don't nescessarily see Therkla as evil. I think she's somewhere in the chaotic neutral zone and just happened to hang out with the wrong people.
And she aided the good guys in the end. That has to count for something, right?

Snake-Aes
2009-07-29, 08:54 AM
Ouch. Harsh. Maybe true, but still harsh :smallbiggrin:

I don't nescessarily see Therkla as evil. I think she's somewhere in the chaotic neutral zone and just happened to hang out with the wrong people.
And she aided the good guys in the end. That has to count for something, right?

She had no qualm killing people for personal desires. That's evil and you can't really say it's anything else.

Optimystik
2009-07-29, 08:54 AM

You're jumping the gun a bit. Just as one truly evil act can undo a lifetime of good (see also: Roy), one truly good act can redeem an otherwise lost soul. Therkla saved not one, but three innocent lives the night that she died. Elan (twice, if you count attacking Qarr), Daigo, and Kasumi. That's more than enough to get her a spot in Outlands or Mechanus.

Turkish Delight
2009-07-29, 09:00 AM
You're jumping the gun a bit. Just as one truly evil act can undo a lifetime of good (see also: Roy), one truly good act can redeem an otherwise lost soul. Therkla saved not one, but three innocent lives the night that she died. Elan (twice, if you count attacking Qarr), Daigo, and Kasumi. That's more than enough to get her a spot in Outlands or Mechanus.

Not sure if that counts as a truly good act, however. She did what she did largely for selfish reasons, right to the end. She was trying to save her object of infatuation; Daigo and Kasumi were incidental to that. If she could have had Elan by killing them both, I don't think she would have hesitated.

Optimystik
2009-07-29, 09:15 AM
Not sure if that counts as a truly good act, however. She did what she did largely for selfish reasons, right to the end. She was trying to save her object of infatuation; Daigo and Kasumi were incidental to that. If she could have had Elan by killing them both, I don't think she would have hesitated.

Perhaps she didn't care much about Daigo and Kasumi, but she saved them all the same. In D&D, actions > intent.

Besides, her manner is textbook neutral, not evil. "All I want is for everyone I care about to stay alive and safe." "I am so sick of Good Guys and Bad Guys." I would rather see you both alive and one in prison than either one of you dead." Etc.

Snake-Aes
2009-07-29, 09:22 AM
Perhaps she didn't care much about Daigo and Kasumi, but she saved them all the same. In D&D, actions > intent.

Besides, her manner is textbook neutral, not evil. "All I want is for everyone I care about to stay alive and safe." "I am so sick of Good Guys and Bad Guys." I would rather see you both alive and one in prison than either one of you dead." Etc.
A Neutral person still regards other people's lives, just not enough to actively protect them without a great reason for it. She killed people for the sake of a crush. You can't really look at that attitude and not say "Evil".

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-29, 09:30 AM
I'd argue that it's possible to be evil without being apathetic about who aren't relevant to you dying. I classed Thurkla as Lawful Evil due to her apparent loyalty to Kubota until she turned on him. As far as helping Elan went, I'd say that it's solely because she had what I consider to be a pathetic crush on Elan rather then becaue Kubota is evil, so I'd class it as trecharous is anything.

Optimystik
2009-07-29, 09:39 AM
A Neutral person still regards other people's lives, just not enough to actively protect them without a great reason for it. She killed people for the sake of a crush. You can't really look at that attitude and not say "Evil".

First off, she killed people who had her (and her friend(s)) at swordpoint, so that's not exactly murder. She also gave them plenty of opportunity to flee - "Just take the guys and go back to the ship" and "I'll kill both of your samurai before they can even blink." That they remained hostile was their own undoing.

Oh, and she wasn't as indifferent to Kasumi and Daigo as you thought. #590 - "I don't want anyone to get hurt here, not you, not Elan, not the Katos."

I'd argue that it's possible to be evil without being apathetic about who aren't relevant to you dying. I classed Thurkla as Lawful Evil due to her apparent loyalty to Kubota until she turned on him. As far as helping Elan went, I'd say that it's solely because she had what I consider to be a pathetic crush on Elan rather then becaue Kubota is evil, so I'd class it as trecharous is anything.

Of course it was treacherous - making it quite Chaotic, and moving her to Neutral. I see her in Outland.

Turkish Delight
2009-07-29, 09:55 AM

I hope that's not how it works in the Giant's world. Belkar getting a ticket out of the Abyss for...say, stabbing Xykon to death and saving the world, when his only real reason for doing so is because he really likes to stab things, would be a pretty crazy way to judge morality.

Well, yeah, but she's also the top level assassin of a very evil noble. The only sign we've seen of any move towards redemption was after she developed her crush on Elan, and even then she was perfectly willing to let the Orcs kill everyone else. Many of her actions directly preceding her death may have been more neutral-ish, but otherwise I'm wagering a professional ninja assassin who has spent a good portion of her life working for a Lawful Evil noble would probably have more than a few leanings towards evil herself.

Optimystik
2009-07-29, 10:43 AM
I hope that's not how it works in the Giant's world. Belkar getting a ticket out of the Abyss for...say, stabbing Xykon to death and saving the world, when his only real reason for doing so is because he really likes to stab things, would be a pretty crazy way to judge morality.

Actions always matter more than intent in D&D, and OotS as well. Miko is a prime example - she fell because she murdered Shojo, and none of her malarkey about tainted courts, rewritten laws and spiritual epiphanies was enough to save her. Redcloak is trying to save the goblin people, but the way he's going about doing it is flat evil.

Well, yeah, but she's also the top level assassin of a very evil noble. The only sign we've seen of any move towards redemption was after she developed her crush on Elan, and even then she was perfectly willing to let the Orcs kill everyone else. Many of her actions directly preceding her death may have been more neutral-ish, but otherwise I'm wagering a professional ninja assassin who has spent a good portion of her life working for a Lawful Evil noble would probably have more than a few leanings towards evil herself.

That was before her Heel Face Turn (she still had killing Hinjo as a priority then as well.) She WAS Evil back then, I'm not disputing that; I'm referring to her actions after rejecting Kubota. One of the prime lessons of Good (and BoED) is that it's never too late to redeem yourself as long as you're still alive. It may not be enough to get her into Elysium, but it's enough to save her from perdition, certainly.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-29, 10:49 AM
I'm more tempted to class it as evil rather then chaotic (my stance is that there's no reason why chaotic people shouldn't be strongly loyal, eg: Elan).

waterpenguin43
2009-07-29, 11:03 AM
That's more than enough to get her a spot in Outlands or Mechanus.

Maybe the Outlands, but HELL NO to Mechanus, she was chaotic, that is sure. I bet she'll go to Limbo or Pandemonium.

Optimystik
2009-07-29, 11:14 AM
Maybe the Outlands, but HELL NO to Mechanus, she was chaotic, that is sure. I bet she'll go to Limbo or Pandemonium.

She was Lawful. Her actions at the end were both Chaotic (betraying her former master) and Lawful (seeking his incarceration.) So Mechanus isn't a crap shoot. I do think Outlands is the more likely destination though, as you do.

I'm more tempted to class it as evil rather then chaotic (my stance is that there's no reason why chaotic people shouldn't be strongly loyal, eg: Elan).

Class what as Evil? Betraying Kubota?

Ron Miel
2009-07-29, 11:28 AM
Getting back to the original point of the thread...

Maybe it's just me being overly sensitive, but I thought the way Haley said 'some ninja chick who had a crush on him, then died' was insensitive.

I don't think so. She also said the story was "kinda sad." This indicates sympathy for her.

Steward
2009-07-29, 12:53 PM
Plus, she didn't actually read the comic. Imagine having someone describe someone else's description of a really sad movie. It's already a watered down, third-hand description, and now she's describing it to yet another person, making it a fourth-hand description of the Therkla subplot. Eventually, the story will be reduced to "A half-orc died".

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-29, 01:01 PM
I was on about betrayal in general, Optimystik (with Kubota, it's awkward due to him already being evil). I'm tempted to say it worked out as Selfish Neutral due to her only doing it because of her own lust for Elan and the fact that Kubota refused to give up on his plans because she didn't want to kill Elan.

Optimystik
2009-07-29, 01:06 PM
I was on about betrayal in general, Optimystik (with Kubota, it's awkward due to him already being evil).

Betrayal in general is chaotic, just like theft in general. Whether its good or evil depends on the target.

As you yourself mentioned, Kubota's own immorality legitimizes Therkla's actions.

I'm tempted to say it worked out as Selfish Neutral due to her only doing it because of her own lust for Elan and the fact that Kubota refused to give up on his plans because she didn't want to kill Elan.

She doesn't want the Katos hurt either, which shows she's come a long way since her puppet show on the island. Since she doesn't lust after them too, we can conclude she is turning over a new leaf here.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-29, 01:09 PM
I thought it was more to do with her realising Elan would know she was behind their deaths if she killed them. Where did you read that betrayal was chaotic? It still sounds evil to me (eg: Nale and RC are both LE, but they've been happy to betray people for their own benefit).

hamishspence
2009-07-29, 01:27 PM
according to Fiendish Codex 2 "betraying a friend or ally for your own personal gain" is Evil rather than Chaotic.

However according to Exemplars of Evil, duplicitous villains tend to be chaotic, and trustworthy ones lawful.

So it may depend on the kind of betrayal.

Ron Miel
2009-07-29, 01:35 PM
She doesn't want the Katos hurt either, which shows she's come a long way since her puppet show on the island. Since she doesn't lust after them too, we can conclude she is turning over a new leaf here.

I don't think she cared about them. She just wanted to stop Kubota from taking an act that would get him arrested or killed (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0590.html). She cared about her master, and Elan, and nobody else, not even herself.

Carnivorous M.
2009-07-29, 01:41 PM

I was going to lay out a carefully reasoned opinion, but I think you beat me to it.

Spiky
2009-07-29, 10:53 PM

This claim of being in the 2% of women who aren't insecure about their love life doesn't invalidate the other 98%.

Pyrolep
2009-07-30, 12:34 AM
This claim of being in the 2% of women who aren't insecure about their love life doesn't invalidate the other 98%.

That is a disturbingly high percentage. And now it's starting to sound sexist.

Jackson
2009-07-30, 12:46 AM
Yeah. In my experience (both enacted and observed), most women don't go psycho over the mere mention of an ex. I've seen a fair number of women made very uncomfortable by the presence of her boyfriend's ex, or because he's hanging out with said ex alone, etc, but not in distinctly greater numbers than guys would. Women might, as a whole, be somewhat more touchy and neurotic on the topic, but again not to such a degree, and definitely not in greater numbers, then men.

So it strikes me as a fairly bogus claim that an overwhelming majority of women act this way. In any case, you're not going to have a healthy relationship if you can't talk about a good chunk of your past.

MrPig: good catch. But it seemed to me less that she actually wanted him to do that and more that she wanted to show to him that he wasn't going to give her the one situation that she would want to come back to. When she wasn't on the point of dieing and actually realistically tried to hook up with him, she just wanted to be his lover while his girlfriend was away, not her replacement.

I like the post that essentially claims that a crush is love. The poster must have had an interesting high school experience.

Porthos
2009-07-30, 01:04 AM
Actions always matter more than intent in D&D, and OotS as well.

I'm going to stay out of this one for the most part. But I wanted to point out that the comic expressley disagrees with this assertion. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0490.html) :smallsmile:

Sometimes Actions are more important than Intent. (murdering someone is almost always evil)
Sometimes Intent is more important than Actions. (doing "good deeds" to allow one to get into a position to betray people later on is almost always evil)
And, yes, sometimes a persons Intent isn't actually what they think it is. (people have been known to lie to themselves about their real motivations :smalltongue:)

Anyway, I have shown why Intent Matters (though not exclusively) in DnD far too many times, so as I said, I'm going to sit this one out. Just wanted to point out that it's not as clear cut in the comic as you said. :smallwink:

Taliesan
2009-07-30, 01:07 AM
I'd say her final acts were...

Chaotic good.

Chaotic in that she was betraying her employer, good in that she was doing it with full concern for keeping as many people alive as possible. Her wanting her former employer in prison I would say is more good than lawful given that she did seem to care about him to some extent.

So I would say she went wherever TN people go in the Ootsverse - with that last minute side-switch classing as enough to earn a get out of hell free card.

Optimystik
2009-07-30, 01:49 AM
I'm going to stay out of this one for the most part. But I wanted to point out that the comic expressley disagrees with this assertion. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0490.html) :smallsmile:

You misinterpreted that comic. He got a pass for trying. Trying is an action. Intent is simply trying to excuse yourself.

She said "your record is full of grey spots, but you never stop working at improving it." In other words, he slips into Chaos now and then, but overall his acts are Lawful ones.

Porthos
2009-07-30, 01:53 AM
You misinterpreted that comic. He got a pass for trying. Trying is an action. Intent is simply trying to excuse yourself.

She said "your record is full of grey spots, but you never stop working at improving it." In other words, he slips into Chaos now and then, but overall his acts are Lawful ones.

I think we have a highly divergent definiton of intent here. Where I say Intent, I mean Motivation. :smallsmile: But, as I said, I'll leave it be. For once. :smallwink:

<NOTE: Again, I am engaging in a little self-mocking here (and my propensity for arguing on and on and on...). Nothing more. Nothing less. :smallsmile:>

Koretsu
2009-07-30, 02:13 AM
...This seems as good a place as any to mention this. I tried finding a specific thread, but none was around, and it seemed too minor to warrant it's own thread, but I was reading around some of Thurkla's prior appearances, and found a typo in #0555 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html).

"No, no, I mean i'm half-human." (Emphasis mine)

I leave it to more important people than I to inform the Giant before the book goes to print! :smallsmile:

...I hate finding typos in published books... Every time I do, I immediately visualize my thought process as a locomotive slamming into a wall and derailing from the tracks. It's very disconcerting. :smallconfused:

pflare
2009-07-30, 07:55 AM
Haley never met Therkla.
To her, Therkla was just some NPC ninja chick that had a crush on Elan and died. Tough luck.

I'm going to agree but also add that Haley has issues with people leaving her and I think a ninja who wants to steal her bf isn't going to sit well with her.

Sutremaine
2009-07-30, 02:20 PM
"slut" - A girl who will sleep with your boy if you turn your back."
What would you call the boy in this situation?

AstralFire
2009-07-30, 02:40 PM

...Excuse me?