PDA

View Full Version : "I, Master"

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 01:37 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119630&page=2

New York City. . .
Many of you have just come into being with your full powers. Manifested at puberty and come into full strength in your 16th birthdays, your powers are beyond that of the world's. Some of you are older than that, of course.

One known man known as Aerthir McGanon, a proud owner of a massive industry worth elleven figures, has called you all to the McGanon building. Whatever it is, it is important.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 02:01 PM
A man who looks like a deformed burn victim waits patently in the waiting room, ready to be called in.

4is111
2009-07-28, 02:19 PM
A scrawny kid, no more than 18 in raggedy jeans and a t-shirt scratches vigorously at a lottery ticket. He sits on the other side of the waiting room, and casually tosses his cigerette bud to the floor.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 02:21 PM
Hello the strange looking man says, checking the clock on the wall repeatedly, aren't you afraid that will start a fire?

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 02:25 PM
The two people present heard a loud metallic sound. A man in plate armor entered the room and sat with difficulty on one of the chairs.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 02:26 PM
does that chafe sir? Because nothing worse then your flesh beginning to peel.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 02:29 PM
It was impossible to say who the man was. The armor covered his whole body. The "knight" didn't remove his helmet, simply turned his head towards the burned man.

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 02:30 PM
Aerthir enters into the lounge. . . apparently distracted by something from the room he came from. "So guys, how are you all? Just call me Arty. . . Who are you all?"

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 02:31 PM
In pain, mortal suffering and unending torture, yourself?

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 02:33 PM
In pain, mortal suffering and unending torture, yourself?

"Can I help ya with that?"

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 02:37 PM
I don't know, you could certainly try. He smirks all it requires is a simple answer. What is your greatest fear?

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 02:38 PM
"Running out of soy sauce!"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 02:40 PM
The man in plate got up. It seemed like he had trouble moving his arms.

Rift.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 02:40 PM
You humor me, arty was it. *for the rest of arty's day he will realize that he has no soy sauce.

Sam Miller
2009-07-28, 03:22 PM
In came storming a man, clad in the most ridiculous looking joke goggles possibly imaginable. “Ooga booga!” He screamed, waving his arms all over the place. After relieving himself with a fair chuckle, he regained his posture and greeted everyone with a wave of his hand. “Just wanted to experience your reactions. No hard feelings? I was just waiting behind that door over there for maximum reactions. You can call me ‘that guy over there’, I do stuff, and speak in italics. If that’s all then I think I’m going to sit down. Yes, sit down.” And down he sat. Instantly stopping his over eccentric speech to experience the greatness of sitting down on a chair in a waiting room while people said stuff, he nearly started shaking out of excitement.

4is111
2009-07-28, 04:49 PM
The boy, suddenly aware of the other people looks up "My name!? Umm... Jack! Yah, that's it... Jack Johnson. Wait, what's with the freak show?"

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 04:59 PM
Garlan....I mean, Aerthir
"I have called you here because I realize that you all have become old enough, or were old enough for quite a while to become powerful in your mysterious new powers. I also realize this may have become quite a shock for some of you. Nevertheless, I think that we should collaborate together in order to overcome the assassins that the Usurpers send after us."

4is111
2009-07-28, 05:06 PM
"What's this about powers? This isn't some respocibility bull is it? I flew across the country to meet you here, I hope you have a good reason."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 05:08 PM
The armored man convulsed. His helmet fell off, revealing twisting blue energy were his head should have been. And then he stood still.

The Usurpers will burn in the inferno of creation. They will feel their beings torn apart, their mind shattered, as they feel the weight of billions of years. They cannot escape the wrath of the Lord of Time. Their lives are forfeit. I have seen it.

4is111
2009-07-28, 05:10 PM
"Okay, this is getting a bit too weird, I'm out of here, chumps."

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 05:16 PM
Are you afraid of them?

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 05:20 PM
Entirety of time and space. Too much for some minds. Does my presence affect your mind, small man?

4is111
2009-07-28, 05:22 PM
"No, but I didn't come here to deal with you weirdos."

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 05:23 PM
Aerthir
I also have one thing to say. You people have to realize that you can't win this world's population by force. They are numerous and advanced enough to fight you. Please keep a low profile, oh, and their are things other than even the Usurpers that are a threat to you now in your weakened states.

4is111
2009-07-28, 05:23 PM
Entirety of time and space. Too much for some minds. Does my presence affect your mind, small man?

"Only in that you creep me the hell out."

Sam Miller
2009-07-28, 05:25 PM
"'that guy over there' is at your collaborative services! I'll make the best out of the worst. Or the other way around, details." He tried to stare at the armored being's head, but instead saw nothing. Where there should've been some swirling blue extra-dimensional thing he saw oblivion. The reason? A mind too chaotic to possible accept such a thing as Rift shut itself from reality and forced 'that guy over there' only deeper into his own madness.

4is111
2009-07-28, 05:26 PM
Aerthir
I also have one thing to say. You people have to realize that you can't win this world's population by force. They are numerous and advanced enough to fight you. Please keep a low profile, oh, and their are things other than even the Usurpers that are a threat to you now in your weakened states.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I haven't played a slot machine in three days. State you busness or you'll lose mine."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 05:26 PM
"Only in that you creep me the hell out."

Don't worry. Your concerns will be long gone once time is compressed, as I will it.

The armor inhabited by Rift turned towards their host.

Absurd. The project will continue. Now that the Rift is open, it cannot be stopped.

OOC: No OOC thread?

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 05:36 PM
(The OOC is in the OOC section now.)

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 07:01 PM
Fear should be subtle enough to keep them in line

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 07:11 PM
Ethos

A young man of 21, walks into the room and looks around with a kind friendly smile on his face.
"I'm sorry, I appear to be late. What have I missed? My Name is Ethos."

He seems to give of an air of calm effecting those around him to mild degree's, his friendly smile seems to make up for otherwise hard features, with dark hair and dark eyes he looks like he would put up a vicious fight if attacked. However you can't help but feel that he would never harm any of you, unless he had no other options.

Weezer
2009-07-28, 08:37 PM
Invictus

Invictus enters the room and looks around. He is a tall Sicilian man with harsh, hawk-like features, black hair and brown eyes. He is dressed in a black suit with a vibrantly red tie.
I apologize for the lateness of my arrival, I was unavoidably delayed at the airport. Have I missed anything important?

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 08:49 PM
Aerthir
Aerthir responded with the same information he gave to the others before the newcomers arrived. "Creatures of great threat are seeking our downfall. We must be careful every time we leave our Sanctums or Mythos Sanctums."

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 08:51 PM
Ethos

Turing to face Invictus, Ethos smiles happily.

"I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was delayed. My name is Ethos, pleased to meet you."

Ethos holds out a hand cheerfully to the new comer.

Edit:

Ethos' smile slips for a moment at Aerthir's words "So you summoned us from our Sanctums to inform us it is dangerous to leave our Sanctums? Forgive me if I may say so but, the wisdom in that seems... poor."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 08:55 PM
Rift's temporary body rusts instantly, then turns to dust.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 08:59 PM
Ataxin smiles, and says your fear for us is touching

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 09:03 PM
Ethos

Ethos stares in horror as one of the people in the room turns to dust, then glances around at the apparent lack of concern.

Moving quickly towards the dust Ethos drops to his knee's feeling out with his powers if there is anything left to save.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 09:05 PM
Looking around everything ethos sees starts turning to dust, only to ethos. Everybody else sees the room as normal

Weezer
2009-07-28, 09:06 PM
Invictus

Firmly shaking Ethos's hand Invictus says gravely
The pleasures all mine.

Turning to face the assembled Masters he says, As our host has pointed out we must work together to bring these Usurpers to heel and to punish them for their infidelity

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 09:10 PM
Ethos

His jaw slowly dropping as everyone turns to dust, Ethos feels horror at the ensuring destruction, that is until he reaches out with his other powers. His empathy telling him the others were still there and surprisingly unafraid.

Using his powers of protection Ethos throws off the mental attack, rising slowly to face Ataxin, sensing the slight amusement coming from him.

"Have I offended you in some way, that you feel the need to do me harm?" Ethos asks with genuine concern that he might have hurt or upset the fellow who felt the need to lash out.

nysisobli
2009-07-28, 09:13 PM
nah, its this nasty fear thing i got going on. Every time someone feels fear around me they tend to fell its effects amplified 100 fold.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 09:17 PM
Ethos

Pity fills Ethos face as he looks at Ataxin. "I'm sorry to hear that, it must be hard for you. Always seeing fear around you in those you care about... My name is Ethos, perhaps in time, I could come to help you with your misfortune."

Turning to face Invictus Ethos smile returns, "It will be pleasure to work with you. However while I hope to see justice done, I ask that there be no unnecessary suffering from the innocent caught in the middle of our struggles."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 09:18 PM
A desk in the same room walks to Ethos.

Worry not. I remain. Only temporary bodies rarely last long.

Weezer
2009-07-28, 09:21 PM
Invictus

But of course, he replies, Only those who are guilty deserved to be punished and then only to balance out their guilt.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 09:21 PM
Ethos

Ethos face alights with child like joy "Amazing, you bring life to places where there was none, truly you are blessed in your powers. I look forward to working with you, surely your wonders will only grow more grand." Ethos regards the desk with respect and wonder, as he looks it over for an external change to its being, "My name is Ethos, by what may I call a being such as yourself?"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 09:31 PM
Rift.

It looked as if the desk grew branches and thorns... as if it was returning to its original state. As Ethos touches the surface of the desk to examine it, he feels something crawling on his hand. Termites, dozens of them. He quickly removes his hand and the termites disappear. The desk is now a completely normal desk, except for the wisps of blue energy it seemed to draw.

I can manipulate things to my liking. Illusions, if you will. I do not give life. I infuse objects and places with temporal energy. I give a glimpse of things past and what's to come.

ArlEammon
2009-07-28, 09:38 PM
Ethos

Turing to face Invictus, Ethos smiles happily.

"I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was delayed. My name is Ethos, pleased to meet you."

Ethos holds out a hand cheerfully to the new comer.

Edit:

Ethos' smile slips for a moment at Aerthir's words "So you summoned us from our Sanctums to inform us it is dangerous to leave our Sanctums? Forgive me if I may say so but, the wisdom in that seems... poor."

Not even a direct assault from many of our enemies can stop us if there are more than three of us in one spot.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 09:48 PM
Ethos

Glancing at Aerthir as he speaks, Ethos thinks on the matter for the moment.

"Who is it that threatens us? Do they have powers like our own?"

Ethos glances to the others in the room, regarding them. Several of them held powers that would complement his own. Peace will come to the world once more, just will be had. Suffering will come to an end.

Weezer
2009-07-28, 09:50 PM
Invictus

Yet it seems that while together we are strong, we cannot be together forever or away from our sanctums forever. We must split up eventually.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-28, 09:54 PM
Ethos

Smiling at Invictus happily he replies "Not so, we could travel together, visiting each others domains, working together to protect each other and do deeds far greater than any one of us could hope to achieve. You would all be welcome to my sanctum, so long as you respect the rules that govern it." A quick glance towards Ataxin shows who the last was meant for.

Weezer
2009-07-28, 10:16 PM
Invictus

That does seem to be true, though that course presents problems of its own which do not matter as of now.
Facing Aerthir Invictus says,
"I have a question for you; Who exactly are you to know where all of us are, to be able to contact all of us and to know more about our enemies than we do ourselves?"

Sam Miller
2009-07-29, 06:19 AM
'that guy over there' screamed at the sight of the talking desk. "What the hell!? Do you people not see that! It's a freaking living desk! And none of you care..? How can you... What? Just what? WHY!? You... You have to flee, Mr. Desk! You have to escape the shackles of humanity and live. Live your life Mr. Desk! Live it all!" Ending this tantrum, 'that guy over there', or Teegot as some called him stood up and yawned. "I'm bored. Was this meeting of any importance at all? Surely, your requests are so convoluted and terribly impractical that only a moron would decide to follow them."

nysisobli
2009-07-29, 06:23 AM
only sam miller can hear and sound the entire room come to life and start threatening his very existence, from talking lamps to magazines, everything begins moving.

ArlEammon
2009-07-29, 07:23 AM
Aerthir
"The truth is, that I am a Master of the Sky. I have made my Sanctum enterable through the very entrance of the 1st floor. The only way to the real building is through the sewers, and actually, the building is mostly empty on the inside. . .It's cheaper this way. You see fellas, this place is my Divine Sanctum. I can know everything about you all as soon as you set foot into it. No worries, though, I am a gentleman, and only decided to check the essentials about you all out."

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 08:20 AM
Ethos

Completely ignoring the mad ramblings of one of his fellow masters, Ethos turns to regard Aerthir.

"So if some one wanted to attack you they had only to walk through your front door? And you claim we're the ones who need protection? If you are one of us, how did you come by your knowledge? Who are we facing? What do need to do?"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-29, 08:20 AM
Bolts of energy shoot in every direction, barely missing some of the guests. The reality of the room begins to twist and distort.

You have betrayed us! I will not remain here any longer!

The desk explodes before the room returns to normal. Rift's presence is gone.

ArlEammon
2009-07-29, 08:23 AM
Ethos

Completely ignoring the mad ramblings of one of his fellow masters, Ethos turns to regard Aerthir.

"So if some one wanted to attack you they had only to walk through your front door? And you claim we're the ones who need protection? If you are one of us, how did you come by your knowledge? Who are we facing? What do need to do?"

"For now, the Usurpers seem silent, but at the moment we have angered some of the old powers of this world. Once, Earth was covered with an entire Mythos Sanctum, but that Sanctum has long since left us. For now, vampires, old inhabitants of the ancient sanctum have targeted us, believing us to be infringing on their turfs."

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 08:30 AM
Ethos

Watching Rift disappear Ethos frowns slightly, he would of course contact Rift after this meeting, the presence was simply to interesting to ignore, but for now he had to focus.

"What threat are mere vampires to us? I'm surprised there are still mythical creatures alive in this day and age."

ArlEammon
2009-07-29, 08:45 AM
Ethos

Watching Rift disappear Ethos frowns slightly, he would of course contact Rift after this meeting, the presence was simply to interesting to ignore, but for now he had to focus.

"What threat are mere vampires to us? I'm surprised there are still mythical creatures alive in this day and age."

"What are mere Masters these days?" He retorts. "We are the most powerful beings we know of in the planet, but even we are outnumbered by vampires as much as they are outnumbered by humans. These aren't Hollywood blood suckers. . . These things can cut through American super soldiers like a Japanese sword through bubble wrap. With medieval weapons. . ."

Sam Miller
2009-07-29, 09:31 AM
"Your definition of 'Hollywood vampire' seems quite contradictory to one of its appearances, being exactly what you later described. Now, I believe I better leave and find that desk. Or not. We'll have to see." And with those words Teegot, the machine god, withered his body and escaped into an awaiting duplicate inside the repair shop down 11th street. What? His original body had been destroyed long ago. For now he remained a machine disguised as a man, speaking to an answering machine about local happenings.

Weezer
2009-07-29, 03:12 PM
Invictus

"It appears to me that this meeting is fast breaking up, Is there anything else you desire to inform us of before everyone leaves?

ArlEammon
2009-07-29, 03:20 PM
"Just be careful. . . All of you. . Safety is in numbers, we learned the hardway."

4is111
2009-07-29, 06:27 PM
"Damn, I'm out of lottos. Anyone dumb enough to try to knock me off is welcome to try. Now, if you'll excuse me, like I said earlier, this freakshow is stupied, and I'm leaving."
The youth exits the room, and the sanctum. His worthless tickets, scattered around the floor, disintegrate.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 07:39 PM
Ethos

Standing watching the group disappear completely ignoring the advice of the man who brought them all together. Ethos frowns sadly. How many will die so that those of us who remain may live.

"How do vampires fight? How will the combat us? And how do they die? What defenses should we take besides remaining in numbers?"

Turning to face Invictus, Ethos questions the man. "You said there might be problems if we enter each others domains? What did you mean by that? For the sake of our survival, I'm willing to travel with you, either to my domain, or to yours, but preferable to both. That way we may settle our own affairs, and prehaps we could set up a link of sorts between our domains, so if one of us comes under attack, the other could respond straight away."

Weezer
2009-07-29, 08:12 PM
Invictus

Facing Ethos, Invictus replies
Its nothing, I was mostly thinking about the difficultuy of keeping a large group together without conflict, but that seems to have been resolved. I think it would be best to stick together, would you be more comforatable visiting your Sanctum or would you rather visit mine first?

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 10:05 PM
Ethos

"My Sanctum is hidden in the far east, so unless yours is equally hard to get to, we should probably start with yours. There are a few things I could get done along the way as well." Thinking for a few moments Ethos adds "It may be worth while finding someone else to come with us, if we are safe in threes. Maybe that lovely desk fellow to left just before?"

OOC: Rule checking!

Question 1: Ethos can contact The Rift Telepathically because he has met him correct?
Question 2: Can Ethos use his minor action things, to influence events that he cannot see, for example, events in Africa while still in America.
Question 3: Can Ethos use his Major powers for his Mythos Sanctum, while not actually in his Sanctum.
Question 4: What happens when 3 masters walk into a bar?
Question 5: How many minor and major actions do we have to use, both on earth and in our Mythos?

ArlEammon
2009-07-29, 10:09 PM
OOC: Yes yes yes... uh.... what? and none.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 10:12 PM
OOC: Yes yes yes... uh.... what? and none.

OOC: So we are powerless atm?

ArlEammon
2009-07-29, 10:14 PM
OOC: No You are not powerless.

4is111
2009-07-29, 10:14 PM
I hope not. I considered exiting the building through the window.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 10:16 PM
OOC: No You are not powerless.

OOC: So we're not powerless, but we can't perform any miracle things? I'm gunna move this over to the OOC thread.

Weezer
2009-07-29, 10:40 PM
Invictus

My sanctum is rather less isolated than yours, it is located at the Curia Julia in Rome. The Rift could no doubt be a useful companion. I propose you contact him, I have a feeling you'll be rather more persuasive than I would be.
Facing his host he says rather sarcastically,
Many thanks for your most elucidating warnings of our current plight, I'm sure it will be quite helpful in the future.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-29, 11:18 PM
Ethos

Smiling happily at Invictus, Ethos responds "It shall be my honor."

Reaching out with his mind Ethos attempts to locate the mental presence of the desk fellow (The Rift). Once finding it Ethos thinks towards it,

Greetings, I am Ethos, from the meeting you just left. Despite our hosts trickery and half warnings, Invictus and I believe the threat to be real. As such we devised a plan to travel to each others Sanctums together for our own protection and the continuation of our goals. We would like to include you in this pact, by traveling together we can ensure each others safety and make use of each others strengths. So, would you care to join us in this endeavor?

nysisobli
2009-07-29, 11:47 PM
Well let me give you all my cards, and Ataxin produces 5 buissness cards. On it is the location of his sanctum

WrathOfLife
2009-07-30, 01:18 AM
Ethos

Turning the card over in his hands Ethos smiles cheerfully at Ataxin. "Why not come with us? Your powers may not be as gentle as ours, but we could help you learn control over them. Not only that but we would be safer staying together."

Ethos waits for the mental response from Rift.

Edit: For those who aren't there yet, there is currently discussion on the OOC thread about powers. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119753)

nysisobli
2009-07-30, 05:56 AM
hmm i couldn't see how it would hurt. I might as well jump on the bandwagon.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-30, 06:28 AM
Ethos

Looking around the room happily, Ethos proudly states "Good to have you on board, that brings us up to three, four if we can talk Rift into joining us."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-30, 09:23 AM
Rift

The entity known as Rift replied telepathically.

"I will join you for now."

WrathOfLife
2009-07-30, 06:37 PM
Ethos

Thinking back to Rift Your presence will be more than welcome.

Turning to face Ataxin and Invictus, Ethos proudly announces "He will join us, making our number four. How shall we make our way to Rome? Is there anything anyone else wants to do while we're here?"

nysisobli
2009-07-30, 07:42 PM
well mine is about 5 miles away

Weezer
2009-07-30, 11:17 PM
Invictus

Then I think your sanctum would be the logical place to visit first, if we're going to vista ll four of our sanctums we might as well start with the closest. As for getting to Rome, I took a plane to get here and was planning on returning in the same manner, though I suspect we can arrange must faster transportation if that becomes necessary.

WrathOfLife
2009-07-30, 11:39 PM
Ethos

Smiling warmly to the new group "That sounds fair. Ataxin would you care to lead on?"

Turning to regard whatever remains of the gathering Ethos addresses them with a slight frown "The rest of you are of course welcome to join us. I recommend such an action for your own safety. Should you choose to go your own way, remember that you may always call on me, in your time of need."

Turning to face his new group once more Ethos adds "I am ready when you are."

Telepathically reaching out to The Rift once more Ethos informs him causally that they are going to Ataxin's sanctum first if he would like to meet them there.

4is111
2009-08-01, 04:50 PM
So, now what?

nysisobli
2009-08-01, 04:57 PM
Well ataxin walks out and says, wait. I need to call her pulling a cell phone out of his pocket, his voice changes much deeper, HEllo this is albert ross, yes i left earlier today can you tell the doctor that we will be there soon, yes, yes ive been taking my meds. I will go to sleep early ok.....bye.

Now we can leave. Calls a taxi

Weezer
2009-08-01, 06:51 PM
Invictus

Farewell, thatnks for the help Invictus says to their host as he turns to leave. Following Ataxin to the taxi he asks "So where is your Sanctum?"

nysisobli
2009-08-01, 07:42 PM
Its a hospital/sanitarium!

Weezer
2009-08-01, 08:01 PM
Invictus

Thats a rather... interesting choice.

nysisobli
2009-08-01, 08:10 PM
Well its been there for about 100 years, ataxin laughs see my normal form is to incomprehensible and hideous to strut around in. So i use the bodies from the morgue as host bodies.