PDA

View Full Version : Good Iphone apps?

Jinura
2009-07-28, 04:04 PM
So I just got my Iphone updated to 3.0 and found out I had to Jail break it which I did, I was wondering what some good/fun/cool/whatever applications are? Looking for anything, game, music thing, just doing something stupid.

Lord Herman
2009-07-28, 04:12 PM
One game I can really recommend is Defender Chronicles: Legend of the Desert King. It's a tower defence game with some RPG elements. The art is very good, and it gets updated frequently with new levels, monsters, and defenders.

Comet
2009-07-28, 04:54 PM
iDracula, or some variation thereof, is quite fun.
Top down shooter kind of deal, with you facing of numerous transylvanian monster hordes as some kind of Hugh Van-Helsing-Jackman ripoff.
Can't remember if that was the actual name, but you might wanna look into that if you're into the genre.

Then there's Black Shades, from the indie game development unit known these days as Wolfire.
First Person Shooter with minimalistic graphics. You basically play a psychic bodyguard and have to protect your VIP while he walks around town.
You can shoot people, tackle them to the ground, tackle your vip ("look out, mister president!") and use your extrasensory perception to scout the surrounding area via a psychedelic out-of-body experience.
And there are zombies! So you won't be fighting against normal gunmen all the time. Who doesn't like some good ol' zombie survival horror? :smallbiggrin:

I only played it on the PC, but I imagine it's just as fun on the iWondermachine. Be wary, it's very simple in it's presentation. Still, fun for a while.
Black Shades (http://www.wolfire.com/black-shades-iphone)

Guancyto
2009-07-28, 04:55 PM
The clear answer is Sheep Stacker.

Alternatively, go for Jellycar.

Jinura
2009-07-29, 08:25 AM
Got Defender Chronicles, damn third level is hard xD. Got the demo of Sheep stacker.. And that so silly it's awesome :)