PDA

View Full Version : GitP PrC XII Voting Thread! Vote Now!

ErrantX
2009-07-28, 06:12 PM
The time has come to pit our warriors... err, our prestige classes against each other in a frightening duel to the dea... err, vote?

Either way, it's time to choose who made the best of the best!

Our entries and scores:
GitP PrC XII: Can We Rebuild it? Yes We Can! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116389)

{table=head]Class and Author|Votes
Reshaped by TSED|5
Eerie Traveler by Djinn In Tonic|8
Geomancer by Pramxnim|1
Knight Unmaker by Eurus|4
Daelkyr Bloodlord by EdroGrimshell|0
Demon Corsair by Kellus|2
Hellfire Blade by Vaynor|0
Sacred Excelsior by ShneekeyTheLost|0
Dismorphist by fuzzywolf|0[/table]

Djinn In Tonic's Eerie Traveler wins!

-X

Kellus
2009-07-28, 09:18 PM
Well, to kick things off (and 'cause voting for myself is tacky) I'll put my vote in for the Knight Unmaker. Really cool idea and execution and, well, mysteries are my kryptonite. :smallsmile:

Salvonus
2009-07-28, 10:14 PM
I'll cast my vote for the Eerie Traveler! It's awesome. :smalltongue:

Dante & Vergil
2009-07-28, 10:34 PM
My vote goes out to the frog mage, The Reshaped.

fuzzywolf
2009-07-29, 10:46 PM
I vote for the knight unmaker. Fallen paladins of any stripe make me :smallbiggrin:

Mulletmanalive
2009-07-29, 10:53 PM
Eerie Traveller

The class amongst these i'll definately be using, though the picture helped...

Debihuman
2009-07-29, 11:37 PM
I'm picking Demon Corsair (athough Reshaped was a very close second).

Debby

The Neoclassic
2009-07-30, 09:14 AM
My vote goes to Eerie Traveler.

ErrantX
2009-07-30, 10:26 AM
Keep the votes coming!

-X

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-30, 12:02 PM
Keep the votes coming!

-X

While I like having a 2 point lead, the Knight Unmaker should currently have 2 votes, not 1. Both Kellus and fuzzywolf voted for it. :smallbiggrin:

ErrantX
2009-07-30, 12:30 PM
My bad, missed fuzzywolf as it wasn't bolded. Sorry :smallredface:

-X

Owrtho
2009-07-30, 12:41 PM
Eerie Traveler. There aren't enough classes that are linked to the Far Realms.

Owrtho

DragoonWraith
2009-07-30, 01:07 PM
I'm going to vote for the Knight Unmaker, as well. Mysterious Paladin FTW.

They're all really great, and there were several others I was really strongly considering to vote for.

Stycotl
2009-07-30, 03:49 PM
lot of cool ones, but the reshaped takes it.

KaganMonk
2009-07-31, 10:44 AM
Knight Unmaker, though I almost sprung for the Sacred Excelsior. Maybe it just needs a little more oomph.

Person_Man
2009-07-31, 12:49 PM
My vote is for Reshaped. Most unique idea, IMO.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-31, 03:40 PM
My vote is for Reshaped. Most unique idea, IMO.

Agreed. Chalk up another vote for Reshaped.

ErrantX
2009-08-01, 02:19 PM
3 way tie folks! Let's get the votes coming!

-X

Emong
2009-08-01, 02:32 PM
Eerie Traveler for me.

The Tygre
2009-08-01, 08:31 PM
Eerie Traveler for me. Demon Corsair was a mean second, though.

Eurus
2009-08-01, 08:57 PM
I, like many others, will cast my vote for Reshaped, because it's just such a neat idea. :smallbiggrin:

Xzoltar
2009-08-01, 09:39 PM
I like lot of them

I have use Eerie Traveler as a Main Vilain so I really like it. So I vote for Djinn_In_Tonic.

I also want to mention that Hellfire Blade almost got my vote. However I feel that it need more power up in the sense of having more Hellfire Power per day. Like Warlock have it a unlimited number of time per day or comparing to Spellfire Channeler/Weilder who can recharge and stock lot of charge (if high constitution) for me I prefer those two kind of mechanic over that number of use/day. However I really like the power and concept of the Prestige Class so tumbs up.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-08-02, 09:54 AM
I like lot of them

I have used Eerie Traveler as a Main Villain so I really like it. So I vote for Djinn_In_Tonic.

Really? I hate to derail the thread at all, but I'm immensely curious. How did it work out for you? Did it provide an interesting threat? Were the PCs at all surprised at its powers? What, in short, happened? I'm dying to know. :smallbiggrin:

The Witch-King
2009-08-03, 06:25 PM
My vote goes to the Geomancer. I like the token system--I think it could use some more work but I like it.

Pramxnim
2009-08-03, 10:58 PM
Yays, I thought no one would pay attention to the half-finished blob I dared to call a class! :smallredface:

Incidentally, what work would you put into the Geomancer's token system? I'm a bit burned out of homebrewing (that's part of why I didn't finish the class on time), but I'll gladly listen to any feedback.

Bhu
2009-08-04, 05:54 AM
Damn. Kinda tuff decision. I'm gonna go with Eerie Traveller.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-08-04, 09:04 AM
Wow. A lot of really good entries in this contest.

That said, while there are many that I loved mechanically, the Demon Corsair was mechanically viable and amazingly flavorful, so I must hand it my vote.

ErrantX
2009-08-04, 09:15 AM
Djinn In Tonic's Eerie Traveler has more than pulled into a hot lead, I'd love to see some more votes though, so let's get em going, we have until Friday! Still anyone's game!

-X

The Witch-King
2009-08-08, 06:32 AM
Yays, I thought no one would pay attention to the half-finished blob I dared to call a class! :smallredface:

Incidentally, what work would you put into the Geomancer's token system? I'm a bit burned out of homebrewing (that's part of why I didn't finish the class on time), but I'll gladly listen to any feedback.

I like the class and the system--the work I was suggesting needed to be put into it was not so much fixing of flaws but expanding on the framework you've developed. It reminds me of the ecomancers from Pirates of Dark Water. I found some quotes from the website:

http://piratesofdarkwater.net/

"Ecomancers, also known as "ecomance healers," are the people with the ability of ecomancy. Teron uses the phrase "elemental touch" in reference to this power as well. Teron and Tula are both ecomancers, the former a supreme ecomancer, I believe, and the latter recognizing her power in "Andorus," while on the island of Andorus.

Ecomancers have the ability to make plants grow with supernatural speed, control wind speed and direction, make the ground crack, alter the direction of the water's current, spread flames, communicate with animals, and possibly send psychic image-messages. They also can sense impending feelings; Tula senses danger just before something bad happens, for example. On Andorus, homeland of the ecomancers, it was the ecomancers' job to keep the island healthy and guard it from the evil, nature-killing Blight. Teron, while imprisoned on the Maelstrom, was supposed to manipulate the sky and the sea so that the Maelstrom could sail clearly, and Tula snuck onto the ship to free him in order to bring him back to Andorus to save the decaying, dying island."

"While Tula as a warrior can hold her own against any man, she also has a deep, nurturing sensitivity towards the environment of her living planet, a sensitivity which—early in the series—develops into the elemental powers of an Ecomancer—one who can become one with the elements and manipulate them through intense concentration.

Visually this power is manifested in a St. Elmo’s Fire that bathes her body and can be directed for the desired effect. However, she is not all-powerful. She can’t just point a finger and manipulate things from afar. She either needs to be in contact with what she wishes to manipulate, or there must be some synaptic connection to the object through which her power can travel (like the branches of trees, or roots of plants).

As an Ecomancer, Tula has an uncanny affinity for animals. Perhaps that’s why you can always find Niddler around her. (He has a slight crush on Tula.) Through sheer concentration she can tame (if only temporarily) the wildest beast. She can even get a Dagron to do her bidding. But these achievements take great concentration, and the stress of such an effort can leave her weak and vulnerable.

Despite these limitations, however, Tula’s Ecomantic powers can serve as a godsend for our group, especially when they find themselves in desperate situations that can’t be saved with a sword or arrow."

Anyway--I really liked what you did with the class and hope you'll re-use the mechanic of tokens for another class in the future. Good luck!

ErrantX
2009-08-08, 01:59 PM
Voting closed, Djinn In Tonic's Eerie Traveler wins! Congrats!

Great work all of you, it was a weird theme this time, I know. Next one should be up before the weekend's out. Look for it!

-X

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-08-08, 03:11 PM
Voting closed, Djinn In Tonic's Eerie Traveler wins! Congrats!

Huzzah! Thank you, everyone!

...although now I feel like I've got to keep up the decent submissions. Here's hoping the next one is as inspiring! I may be fairly alone, but I loved the unusual theme. :smallbiggrin:

And congrats to everyone who participated. I had thought last contest was a tough choice...but...well...you people continually outdo yourselves. :smallbiggrin: