PDA

View Full Version : SG1 Canceled.... ARRGH

Archonic Energy
2006-08-22, 09:06 AM
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=650

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

NOOOOO!
i'm very angry right now!

Edit: sorry forgot there was a new section for media discussion.... will someone be kind enough to move this thread.
Thank you

Democratus
2006-08-22, 09:20 AM
Dude...SG1 is in it's eleventy billionth season.

Let it rest, for Set's sake...

Logic
2006-08-22, 10:20 AM
Dude...SG1 is in it's eleventy billionth season.

Let it rest, for Set's sake...

its only 10th, and because i derive enjoyment from it means i would rather see it go on. in my opinion, it still has a good run ahead of it, and until it becomes unwatchable, i would rather see the show stay rather than go.

Archonic Energy
2006-08-22, 11:17 AM
its only 10th, and because i derive enjoyment from it means i would rather see it go on. in my opinion, it still has a good run ahead of it, and until it becomes unwatchable, i would rather see the show stay rather than go.

so would i...
also since Atlantis is continuing i can see alot of "guest stars" appearing

Earl_Grey
2006-08-22, 11:40 AM
This is a sad, sad day.

I had a good laugh during the 200th episode but now...

Bookman
2006-08-22, 12:02 PM
NOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Sad DAY! They better at least end the series with a definate closing. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( And no Farscape cop out's >:(

Archonic Energy
2006-08-22, 12:30 PM
This is a sad, sad day.

I had a good laugh during the 200th episode but now...
Think of us in the UK...

anyone know a good torrent site for TV shows...

Democratus
2006-08-22, 12:57 PM

Too many shows stay on the air until they become unwatchable. Why would you want an unwatchable season to be part of the SG1 legacy?

It's best for a series to end while it is still strong.

Archonic Energy
2006-08-22, 01:27 PM
Too many shows stay on the air until they become unwatchable. Why would you want an unwatchable season to be part of the SG1 legacy?

It's best for a series to end while it is still strong.
if they ended it after the Goauld war then i'd be happy. BUT they started the Ori war. now unless they find a deus Ex Machinia to end the war with quickly, i don't see how they are going to tie up all their loose ends. hence the Boo hooing at the announcement of the cancelation.

Mr._Blinky
2006-08-22, 01:46 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Varen_Tai
2006-08-22, 03:40 PM
This officially sucks. It's totally fine to end the series at the end of a finale, but to cancel it in the middle of a season and leave those that do enjoy watching it hanging? Stupid, stupid sci-fi execs!

Deckmaster
2006-08-22, 03:50 PM
This officially sucks. It's totally fine to end the series at the end of a finale, but to cancel it in the middle of a season and leave those that do enjoy watching it hanging? Stupid, stupid sci-fi execs!

It's not. The story I read at Yahoo! said that it was continuing until the end of the current season.

In my opinion, Stargate should have ended two seasons ago. The show as it is now is almost a different show. I'm not saying it's not good, but maybe they could've made a new spin-off starring Ben Browder?

What's done is done. I just hope they tie up all the loose ends.

Alarra
2006-08-22, 04:22 PM
I can understand why it's ending. I don't even watch it much anymore, as much as I was hooked several seasons ago. I enjoy battlestar galactica and atlantis more, in spite of the years long connections i've felt with some of the sg1 characters. still a bit sad though.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-08-22, 06:45 PM
Better that it end now, while it is still watchable, than it go on and on and on and become a laughing stock for becoming miserable.

Uber_Nerd
2006-08-22, 09:19 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The Clown
2006-08-22, 11:19 PM
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

SG-1=Amazing. I'LL MISS YOU SG-1

Nerd-o-rama
2006-08-23, 01:32 AM
Meh. SG-1's had a good run. I've also heard pretty loud rumors of a movie and a second spin-off...perhaps doing what they "should have done" with SG-1 Seasons 9 and 10 and continuing the adventures of the SGC vs. the Ori in a new series.

As Martin said, "hey everybody, the movie's back on!"

(200 had so many great quotes.)

I mean, SG-1 is a ridiculously huge moneymaker right now. It'd be foolish not to continue it in some fashion.

In the meantime, I'll probably start watching Atlantis. I heard they're bringing the Replicators back. I love those little guys.

Uber_Nerd
2006-08-24, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eLooaLVAIk

Save SG-1!

Midnight Son
2006-08-24, 12:01 PM
I say we should let it go. SG1 had a great run and was entertaining throughout, but no show lasts forever. This news would have pissed me off 9 years ago, or even 6 years ago. After such a long run with a great cast and excellent story telling, I say, let it go before it pulls a DS9 and gets crappy.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-08-24, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eLooaLVAIk

Save SG-1!
I like how there are absolutely no pictures of the last two seasons in that montage...

Closet_Skeleton
2006-08-25, 03:34 PM
I never really watched SG-1 that frequently. It is a good show but I don't watch any t.v. that frequently anyway.

I think it is a good idea for it to end. It probably should have ended earlier.

ElfLad
2006-08-25, 07:06 PM
Meh. SG-1's had a good run. I've also heard pretty loud rumors of a movie and a second spin-off...perhaps doing what they "should have done" with SG-1 Seasons 9 and 10 and continuing the adventures of the SGC vs. the Ori in a new series.

As Martin said, "hey everybody, the movie's back on!"

(200 had so many great quotes.)

I mean, SG-1 is a ridiculously huge moneymaker right now. It'd be foolish not to continue it in some fashion.

In the meantime, I'll probably start watching Atlantis. I heard they're bringing the Replicators back. I love those little guys.

200 was one of the top ten most awesome episodes of any sci-fi show ever aired. The top is "To Serve Man" because no line will ever be as quotable as "It's a cookbook!" And Puppetgate was absolutely priceless.

Flabbicus
2006-08-25, 07:08 PM
Argh! I missed that episode!

But I did see the one were they were talking about it, and in hindsight it was kinda sad seeing how many times they said the show would keep going...

bosssmiley
2006-08-27, 06:24 AM
About time. They've just been milking the cash cow since the Ori were written in. Should have finished SG1 when they whomped Anubis using the Antarctic gate. The original movie was cool, the early series rocked. After about season 6 I got SG1 fatigue though.

Daniel Jackson as a bad-boy Ascended? Oh please. ::)

Archonic Energy
2006-08-27, 09:41 AM
Should have finished SG1 when they whomped Anubis using the Antarctic gate.

what gate?

sorry i had to.

Crazy Owl
2006-08-28, 04:02 AM
If they just do one more series and beat the Ori then let it die peacefully Ill be happy but Its just so annoying when they stop on a cliffhanger.

Were-Sandwich
2006-08-28, 11:37 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No. :'(

JadedDM
2006-08-28, 06:26 PM
Keep in mind they want to make another Stargate movie. If they are unable to wrap up the Ori war in this last season, they'll probably do it in the movie.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-28, 08:58 PM
Keep in mind they want to make another Stargate movie. If they are unable to wrap up the Ori war in this last season, they'll probably do it in the movie.

Which will subsequently bomb since half the people watching it will not undetrstand that there is an underlying plotline established in the show, and the critics almost certainly don't all watch SG-1

Personaly, I don't watch SG-1, but I love Atlantis, and will be annoyed, since an expeditionary force dosen't make much sense without a home planet, and an "In the background" way won't work since humans have a knack at making a dangerous amount of enemies.

Uber_Nerd
2006-08-30, 10:09 AM
I am really hating sci fi right now.

But such a move may be out of the question, if SCI FI Channel has anything to say about it. "There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television," Stern told Multichannel flatly. "Our contract with MGM prohibits it."

They dont care about money or ratings, they just want to kill of SG-1

Link here: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/mgm_considers_isg-1is_future.shtml

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-30, 01:55 PM
They dont care about money or ratings, they just want to kill of SG-1
That's not quite what that quote means, in context.

Since the preceding paragraph discusses SG-1 appearing on another network, and taking into account that SciFi has made a final decision to cancel, what he's saying is that MGM can't turn around and offer it to someone else (at least, in the US). While SciFi has determined that the ratings and profits aren't enough for them to continue airing the show, another channel with a show that's doing worse could save money by replacing it with SG-1, since they wouldn't have to pay the costs to develop the series and it would already have a ready-made fanbase. This would a) mean SciFi would be competing against a show it had spent lots of money on creating and nurturing (particularly since SciFi plans to continue playing reruns after the new episodes end) and b) probably make a mess out of the syndication rights. So, I find it completely unsurprising that the contract between SciFi and MGM includes language to prevent just such a situation, and I'm stunned that the MGM spokesperson wasn't aware of that.

Uber_Nerd
2006-09-06, 08:08 PM
This is still sad.
A great show.

We must never forget :'(

Democratus
2006-09-07, 09:01 AM
Meh. An average science fiction show at best.

There were episodes that were good and there were episodes that were complete trash - like any other middling series.

It needs to die so that room can be made for a new generation. Such is the way of things. Otherwise we'd all still be watching 'Sky Ranger' and 'Flipper'.

LordOfXoriat
2006-09-09, 05:42 PM
-edit_deleted-

LordOfNarf
2006-09-09, 11:23 PM
What are you complaining about? Firefly got only one season and a movie, and the episodes weren''t even in the right order when Fox aired them. Still, I'm sorry a sci'fi show I never even got to watch is dieing before I can see it. Will the reruns start at the beginning?

Yeah, they started on FOX, like 5 years ago, dunno if they are in order though

Mr._Blinky
2006-09-11, 12:31 AM
Yeah, they started on FOX, like 5 years ago, dunno if they are in order though

Actually, 8 years ago, yes in the correct order, and now it's on channel 50 instead of Fox. Thats where I've been watching it for the past 4-5 years (when I started watching), since I don't have cable. I have seasons 1-8 on DVD though, so it's all good. :)

McBish
2006-09-11, 08:46 AM
Actually, 8 years ago, yes in the correct order, and now it's on channel 50 instead of Fox. Thats where I've been watching it for the past 4-5 years (when I started watching), since I don't have cable. I have seasons 1-8 on DVD though, so it's all good.

Wait I think you are mixing up Firefly and SG1.

LordOfNarf
2006-09-12, 07:05 PM
Actually, 8 years ago, yes in the correct order, and now it's on channel 50 instead of Fox. Thats where I've been watching it for the past 4-5 years (when I started watching), since I don't have cable. I have seasons 1-8 on DVD though, so it's all good. :)

Mmmmm, Still on fox where I live, and thay play Atlantis right after it, in the right order, so I don't know about anyone elses TV station lineups

StickMan
2006-09-12, 07:52 PM
God why do you hate good Sci-fi. First FireFly now this. At least the I have the StarWars tv show to look forward to(plz don't let lucus screw it up like episode 2 and 3).

LordOfXoriat
2006-09-15, 10:07 PM
-edit_deleted-